Nagasaki: "I've never liked table tennis that much to begin with..." (#1169)

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Jan 2018
13,783
13,300
30,462
Odo could feel the CNT's "profiling". Extrapolated too much from the wins over WMY and CY.

8強入りを果たした大藤沙月 中国・陳幸同との対戦に「前回以上に良い試合をして勝ちにいきたい」<卓球・WTTチャンピオンズ横浜2026>
https://rallys.online/topic/international/260807wttchampionsyokohamaodocomment/
試合後、大藤が報道陣の囲み取材に答えた。
大藤沙月(ミキハウス) コメント

── 今日の試合を振り返ってみていかがですか?

大藤:試合をしながら(相手に)合わせていこうという感じだったんですけど、(相手は)すごくラリーが強くて勢いもあったので、少し焦りが出てしまったと思います。

── 焦りが出てしまったのは、相手の積極的な攻撃や自分のミスが影響している感覚ですか?

大藤:そうですね。第1ゲーム、第2ゲームも良かったんですけど、自分の思ってるような感覚ではプレーできていなくて。その中でも(ゲームカウント)2-0にはできたんですけど、自分の自信のなさが焦りになってしまったなと思います。

── 過去の対戦成績では大藤選手が3連勝中だったと思いますが、どういった印象を持って挑みましたか?

大藤:実は対戦した記憶があまりなくて、今日が初対戦ぐらいの気持ちで試合をしていました。

── 第1、第2ゲームは素晴らしい展開だったと思いますが、自分の中で良かった点はどこにありますか?

大藤:体の流れや次への準備が早くできていたところは、昨日より良かったと思います。

── 第3、第4ゲーム序盤はかなり苦しい展開だったと思いますが、どう気持ちを切り替えて逆転に繋げましたか?

大藤:全部自分の凡ミスだったので、まずは自分の気持ちを落ち着かせて、まだ使っていないサービスを使っていこうという戦術に変えました。

── 気持ちを立て直すにあたって、後ろからの坂本コーチの声かけであったり、自分自身での切り替えがうまくいった感覚ですか?

大藤:(坂本さんからは)後ろからずっと「変化」というのは言ってもらっていたんですけど、あまりそのアイデアが出てこなくて。第4ゲームにまだ出してないサービスがあると思って出してみたら、そこがうまくハマったという感じです。

── 気持ちを切り替えようとなった場面はどこですか?

大藤:第4ゲームに0-4になったときに「少し嫌な流れだな」と思ったので、まずは少しずつ変えていこうということでサービスを変えていきました。

── 第4ゲームの逆転していく中で、どういった収穫がありましたか?

大藤:自分の得意なサービスは巻き込みサービスなんですけど、普通の順横回転のサービスが相手はやりづらそうにしていたのに気づきました。でも、それを見つけたのが第1ゲームじゃなくて第4ゲームだったので、「もうちょっと早く見つけられたんじゃないかな」とは感じました。

── サービスが非常によく効いていた印象でしたが、手応えはいかがでしたか?

大藤:すごく効いていたと思います。逆に効きすぎて思った通りのレシーブが来ないところが多くて、そこに自分が合わせられていなかったので、そこはしっかり練習をしながら次に挑みたいなと思います。

── 今大会、早い時間帯での連戦が続いていると思いますが、試合が終わってから次の試合までの調整はどうですか?

大藤:時間がすごく空いているので、休養を取りながら一試合ずつできているので、日に日に体のコンディションが良くなっている感じがします。

── 次は陳幸同選手との対戦になりました。改めて陳幸同選手の印象はいかがでしょうか?

大藤:本当に穴がないという印象で、前回試合した時もどんどんゲームを進めるたびに強くなっていく感じがした選手でした。

前回は押していた場面から負けたと思うんですけど、その試合はすごく悔しかった思いがあるので、それ以上に良い試合をして勝ちにいきたいなと思います。

── 次勝てば準決勝進出となりますが、どういった意気込みで挑みますか?

大藤:去年の横浜は準々決勝で負けてしまったので、去年を超えられるように準備したいなと思います。
(After the match, Odo answered questions from the press.

Odo Satsuki (Mikihouse) Comments

- How do you feel about today's match?

Odo: I was trying to adjust to my opponent as the match went on, but she had a lot of rallies and momentum, so I think I got a little flustered.

- Did you feel that your flustered state was influenced by your opponent's aggressive attacks and your own mistakes?

Odo: Yes, that's right. I played well in the first and second games, but I wasn't able to play the way I wanted to. Even so, I managed to get to a 2-0 lead, but I think my lack of confidence led to my flustered state.

- You had a 3-0 winning streak against her in the past. What impression did you have going into this match?

Odo: Actually, I don't really remember playing against her before, so I played today as if it were our first match.

- The first and second games were fantastic. What aspects of your game did you feel were good?

Odo: I think my body's flow and my ability to prepare for the next shot were better than yesterday.

── The beginning of the third and fourth games were quite difficult. How did you manage to change your mindset and turn the tables?

Odo: It was all my own careless mistakes, so I first calmed myself down and changed my strategy to using a serve I hadn't used yet.

── In regaining your composure, did Coach Sakamoto's encouragement from behind you, or did you feel that your own ability to change your mindset worked well?

Odo: Coach Sakamoto kept telling me to "change" from behind me, but I wasn't really coming up with any ideas. In the fourth game, I remembered I had a serve I hadn't used yet, and when I tried it, it worked out well.

── What was the moment when you decided to change your mindset?

Odo: When I was down 0-4 in the fourth game, I thought, "This is a bad flow," so I decided to gradually change things, and I changed my serve.

── What did you learn from your comeback in the fourth game?

Odo: My specialty is the topspin serve, but I noticed that my opponents seemed to have trouble with my regular sidespin serve. However, I only noticed this in the fourth game, not the first, so I felt like I could have figured it out a little earlier.

── Your serves seemed very effective. How did you feel about them?

Odo: I think they were very effective. On the other hand, they were so effective that I often didn't get the returns I expected, and I wasn't able to adjust to that. I want to practice that thoroughly before my next match.

── You've had a series of matches in the early hours of the day in this tournament. How is your adjustment between matches?

Odo: There's a lot of time between matches, so I'm able to rest and take it one match at a time. I feel like my physical condition is improving day by day.

── Your next match is against Chen Xingtong. What are your impressions of Chen Xingtong now?

Odo: I have the impression that she's a truly flawless player. When we played last time, she seemed to get stronger with each game.

Last time, I think I lost despite having the upper hand, and I was very frustrated by that loss, so I want to play an even better game this time and win.


── If you win this next match, you'll advance to the semi-finals. What are your aspirations going into that match?

Odo: I lost in the quarter-finals in Yokohama last year, so I want to prepare to surpass last year's performance.)

【卓球】大藤沙月、前回女王に完敗で4強ならず「自分の嫌なところを攻め続けられた」…WTTチャンピオンズ横浜
https://hochi.news/articles/20260808-OHT1T51195.html?page=1
 陳との2度目の対戦は完敗だった。24年WTTチャンピオンズ・フランクフルト大会での前回対戦は1ゲームを先取しての1―3だったが、この日は出足から相手のペース。第1ゲーム(G)、0―2からバック側にロングサーブを出されてノータッチで失点し、「いつもとちょっと違うなと感じた」と振り返った。

 その後も相手のミドル攻めに対し、得意のフォアハンドの強打に持ち込めず、2ゲームを連取された。第3Gからはミドルの処理をバックではなくフォアに変え、ラリー戦で得点する場面も増えたものの、無念のストレート負け。「始めから最後まで、自分の嫌なところを攻め続けられて、そこに対して意識がいってしまって、体も少し止まってしまった。すごく悔しい」と肩を落とした。

 今季は世界ツアーでここまで4勝を挙げ、WTTシリーズ唯一の日本開催の今大会に臨んでいた。だが、目標としていた昨年大会の8強超えは果たせず。世界ランクで日本勢3番手の22歳は「たくさんの応援の声が聞こえて、自分の名前の入ったタオルを掲げてくださっている方がいて、本当に心強かった。また来年もここでプレーして、強くなった姿を見せたい」と視線を上げた。
(The second match against Chen was a complete defeat. Their previous encounter at the 2024 WTT Champions Frankfurt saw [Odo] take the first game but lose 1-3. However, this time, Chen controlled the pace from the start. In the first game, trailing 0-2, Chen hit a long serve to her backhand side, leaving her unable to touch it, and [Odo] reflected, "I felt something was a little different than usual."

After that, facing attacks to the middle of the table, [Odo] failed to use her powerful forehand, and she lost two consecutive games. From the third game onwards, even though she switched from using her backhand to her forehand to handle the middle of the table, and scored more points in rallies, she still suffered a heartbreaking straight-games defeat. "From start to finish, I kept getting attacked where it hurt, and I became so focused on that that my body froze a little. I'm incredibly frustrated," she said dejectedly.

This season, [Odo] had won four titles on the world tour and was competing in this tournament, the only WTT series event held in Japan. However, she failed to reach her goal of overcoming the quarterfinals, a feat she had achieved in last year's tournament. The 22-year-old, the 3rd-ranked Japanese player in the world, looked up and said, "I could hear so many cheering voices, and there were people holding up towels with my name on them, which was really encouraging. I want to play here again next year and show everyone how much stronger I've become.")
 
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Jan 2018
13,783
13,300
30,462
【卓球】早田ひな 涙の国内選考会から2カ月、苦闘の日々に差した光「より自由になっている」
https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/202608060000118.html
「パリ五輪の時より、自分自身が分厚くなって、幹が太くなっている気がする。パリ五輪の時の自分と対戦したら、今の自分のほうが強い自信があります。いろいろと覆い被さっていたものが1枚ずつはがれていっている感覚。より自由になっている。卓球もそうですし、人間としても、いきいきしている感じがします」
("I feel like I've become stronger and more resilient since the Paris Olympics. If I were to compete against my Paris Olympics self, I'm confident that I'd be stronger now. It feels like layers of things that were holding me back are being peeled away one by one. I feel more free. That applies to my table tennis, and also to me as a person; I feel more vibrant.")

【卓球】早田ひな8強進出 完全復活へ前進「違うフェーズに入ってきている」左腕痛から復調実感
https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/202608070001404.html
24年パリ五輪で銅メダルを獲得した境に、利き腕の左腕痛の影響で苦しんだ。今年5月の世界選手権団体戦では、中国との決勝で2敗を喫し、責任を負った。それでも現在は「けがが気にならなくなり、やりたいだけの練習やトレーニングができるようになった」と復調を実感。技術を足すのではなく、必要なものを見極めて「そぎ落としていく」ことを意識し、「今はまた違うフェーズに入ってきている」と完全復活への歩みを進めている。
(After winning a bronze medal at the 2024 Paris Olympics, she suffered from pain in her dominant left arm. In the team competition at the World Championships in May of this year, she suffered two losses in the final against China, and took responsibility for the defeat. Nevertheless, she now feels she has recovered, saying, "I'm no longer worried about the injury, and I can practice and train as much as I want." She is focusing on identifying what is necessary and "cutting it down" rather than adding more techniques, and says, "I've entered a different phase now," as she makes progress toward a full recovery.)

「落ちるところまで落ちた方が楽だった」早田ひなが明かした苦悩 葛藤乗り越え…パリ五輪より「今のほうが強い」
https://the-ans.jp/news/713064/
中国 次世代左エース・蒯曼 ストレート勝利で8強 次戦は早田ひな「前回は負けている。全力でぶつかる」【卓球 WTT横浜】
https://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/tabletennis/news/2026/08/042318.html

パリ五輪銅から丸2年を経た早田ひな「強かったときの感覚が戻ってきている」<卓球・WTTチャンピオンズ横浜2026>
https://rallys.online/topic/international/260805wttchampionsyokohama-hayatahinacomment/
── タフな試合だったと思いますが、試合全体ではどんなことを考えながらプレーしていましたか?

早田:杜凱琹選手とは前回の対戦がパリ五輪前だったので、3年間ぐらい対戦がなくて。そこからお互いに色々変わっていますし、(杜凱琹選手は)頭がよくて駆け引きがすごく上手い選手なので、自分のやりたいことをやらせてもらえない我慢の展開が続きました。

その中でサービスやレシーブももちろんですけど、ラリーの中でもちょっとずつコースをついたり、粘る場面は粘ったり、そういった駆け引きの部分で少し上回れたのかなと思います。ちょっとした選択が良かったなと思います。

...

── 世界卓球の直後は色々と思うところもあったと思いますが、直近で結果が出ていることで、ご自身の中で気持ちの変化は起きていますか?

早田:どちらかというと、世界選手権の選考会で負けて、WTTザグレブで横井選手に日本人対決で負けた後のほうが気持ちの変化は大きかったです。その期間に自分と向き合って、チームひなのみなさんとも色々な話をした結果、自分の中でなんとなく(気持ちが)まとまったからこそ、WTTリュブリャナとWTTブラジルを優勝できたと思うので。

結果が出て良くなったというよりは、自分のなかでモヤモヤしていて自問自答していた部分に光が見えたから、それがうまく卓球につながったという感じですね。

── どんなモヤモヤがあったところからパッと晴れたんでしょうか?

早田:色々な人と関わっていく中で、自分の中でこの感情が邪魔してるのかもなと思って、それを意識して過ごすようになってから、卓球が結構よくなった感じはあるので。

── 今はメンタルもフィジカルも100%に近いと、いい形になってきているのでしょうか?

早田:もちろん100%とは言えないですし、まだまだ伸ばしたいので、今がもし100だったとしたら、120、150とかに伸ばしていきたいなとは思うんですけど、パリ五輪より自分自身が分厚く、幹が太くなっているような感じはするので、パリ五輪の時の自分と対戦したら今のほうが強いだろうなという自信はあります。

── 世界ランキングトップ10から外れる時期も経験していたと思いますが、今は7位まで戻ってきました。

早田:逆に言うと、落ちるとこまで落ちたほうが楽だったのかなと思った時期もありました。

結果が出ていないのに12、13位ぐらいの位置にいるのが、「まだ自分は上位にいる」という捉え方をしていたので。これが30位ぐらいまで落ちていたら、「また一から頑張ろう」となれるんですけど(そうではなかった)。

2年前がちょうどパリ五輪で銅メダル取ったタイミングなんですけど、その2年間ですごく苦しかったところかなと。でも現実的に考えると、13位にいて今7位に戻ってきたことは自分としてはすごいなと思います。パリ五輪後に復帰したのも怪我から3ヶ月ぐらいだったんですけど、復帰も治療の一環で「プレーしているうちに徐々に良くなっていくから」という感じだったので、完治してから再開したわけでもないですし。

それを考えると、自分が休んでいた期間と自分を取り戻すまでの期間で、他の選手はどんどん強くなっていってるなかで、自分の卓球人生が違うところでスタートしているような感覚だったので、他の選手と比べてしまって苦しかった部分もあったんですけど、今7位に戻ってきて、「(戻るのが)早いよな」というのは自分で思っています。

── パリ五輪のときの4位、5位と今の7位は、また違う価値があるということですか?

早田:そうですね、全然違うと思います。今は、色々と覆いかぶさっていたものが一枚ずつ剥がれていっているような感覚で、卓球面でも生活面でも、より自由に生き生きしているなという感じはします。

── WTTザグレブでの収穫を得て、そこから何かチャレンジする中で変えていったこと、自分の中で始めている取り組みは何かありましたか?

早田:上の選手に勝つことも大事ですけど、下の選手に負けない強さがないといけないと感じています。やっぱりスターコンテンダーもレベルが高くなってきていて、優勝するのはなかなか難しいんですけど、試合に負けない強さは自分の持ち味でもありますし、強かったときの感覚がいい意味で戻ってきてるなと思います。

そのなかで、パリ五輪が終わって自分が磨いてきた部分や、ロス五輪までに自分が強化していきたい部分をどうマッチングさせるのかはすごく大事になっていくと思うので、技術や戦術など色々ありますけど、うまく自分としての武器に最終的に持っていけたらいいなと思っています。
(──It was a tough match, but what were you thinking about throughout the match?

Hayata: The last time I played against Du Kai-Chim was before the Paris Olympics, so it's been about three years since we last played each other. A lot has changed for both of us since then, and (Doo Hoi Kem) is a very intelligent player who is very good at strategy, so it was a match where I had to be patient and not be able to do what I wanted.

Of course, my serves and returns were important, but I think I was able to slightly outmaneuver her in the rallies, by subtly targeting the course of the ball and being persistent when necessary. I think I made some good choices.

...

──Immediately after the World Table Tennis Championships, you must have had a lot on your mind, but with the recent results, have you experienced any changes in your feelings?

Hayata: Rather, the change in my feelings was greater after losing in the World Championships selection tournament and after losing to Yokoi in the all-Japanese match at WTT Zagreb. During that period, I reflected on myself and had many conversations with everyone on Team Hina. As a result, I think I was able to come to terms with things, which is why I was able to win the WTT Ljubljana and WTT Brazil tournaments.

Rather than saying that I improved because of the results, it's more like I saw a light in the areas where I had been feeling confused and questioning myself, and that translated well into my table tennis.

── What kind of confusion did you have that suddenly cleared up?

Hayata: Through interacting with various people, I realized that this emotion might be getting in the way, and since I started consciously working on that, I feel like my table tennis has improved considerably.

── So, now that your mental and physical condition is close to 100%, are you in good shape?


Hayata: Of course, I can't say I'm at 100%, and I still want to improve. If I were at 100 now, I'd like to raise it to 120, 150, or something like that. But I feel like I'm stronger now than I was at the Paris Olympics, so I'm confident that if I were to compete against my Paris Olympics self, I'd be stronger now.

── You experienced a period where you were outside the world's top 10 rankings, but now you've climbed back up to 7th.

Hayata: Conversely, there was a time when I wondered if it would have been easier if I had fallen as low as I could go.

Even though I wasn't getting results, being around 12th or 13th place made me think, "I'm still in the upper ranks." If I had dropped to around 30th place, I could have thought, "I'll start from scratch again," but that wasn't the case.

Two years ago was when I won the bronze medal at the Paris Olympics, and those two years were incredibly difficult. But realistically speaking, I think it's amazing that I've gone from 13th to 7th. I returned to playing after the Paris Olympics about three months after my injury, but my return was part of the treatment, and it was more of a "it will gradually get better as I play" kind of thing, so I didn't resume playing after being fully recovered.

Considering that, during the time I was out and recovering, while other players were getting stronger and stronger, I felt like my table tennis career was starting from a different point. There were times when I struggled because I was comparing myself to other players, but now that I'm back in 7th place, I think to myself, "That was quick."

── So, does your 4th and 5th place finishes at the Paris Olympics have a different value than your current 7th place finish?

Hayata: Yes, I think they're completely different. Right now, I feel like layers of things that were weighing me down are being peeled away one by one, and I feel more free and vibrant, both in terms of table tennis and in my daily life.

── What did you learn from your experience at WTT Zagreb? Have you changed anything or started any new initiatives since then?

Hayata: While beating top-ranked athletes is important, I feel it's also crucial to have the strength to not lose to lower-ranked athletes. The level of star contenders is definitely getting higher, making winning difficult, but my strength lies in not losing matches, and I feel like the feeling I had when I was strong is returning in a good way.

Within that context, I think it will be very important to match the aspects I've honed since the Paris Olympics with the areas I want to strengthen before the Los Angeles Olympics. There are various aspects, such as technique and tactics, but I hope to ultimately turn them into my own strengths.)

8強入りを果たした早田ひな 2年後のロス五輪に向けて「自分の中で削ぎ落としていく感覚が大事」<卓球・WTTチャンピオンズ横浜2026>
https://rallys.online/topic/international/260807wttchampionsyokohamahayatacomment/
── サービスを毎回変えているのは、戦術の一つとして持っているというような感覚ですか?

早田:そうですね。どちらかというと真面目すぎて自分を固めてしまうタイプで、それがあまり良くない方向に出てしまう試合が最近の中では多かったので。やればできるんですけど、あまりやりたがらない性格なので、その自分の殻を破るためにも練習して取り入れています。

...

── 先ほど試合の振り返りも今大切にやってるというお話がありましたが、何か今までとアプローチとかやり方を変えているんですか?

早田:特に変えてはないですけど、ここからロス五輪までの2年間は、どっちかというと足していくよりは、自分の中で削ぎ落としていく感覚の方が大事になってくるのかなと思っていて。

これだけ試合があるので、新しく何かを覚えるとか違うプレースタイルを目指すのは、多分2年じゃ間に合わないからこそ、逆に言うと削ぎ落とした結果、新しい自分に出会えるんじゃないかなと思って。

これは必要だな、これはいらないかなとか、そういうのを試合しながら、練習しながら、毎日取捨選択していってる感じです。

── 今までの2年間ぐらいは、自身の幅を広げていくことをやってたと思いますが、それを今使ってみて、じゃあこれはどうなのかというものを1個1個潰す段階に入ったということですか?

早田:もちろんこれができるようになったのも、やっぱり怪我の部分が気にならなくなってきたというか、毎日自分がやりたいぐらい練習だったり、トレーニングだったりに励んで、ちゃんとできるようになったからこそ、今そうやって削ぎ落としていく部分に入ってこれてると思うので。

今は体が一番健康であることが大事だなと改めて思いますし、2024年のパリ五輪終わってからの2年もすごく大事だったなと思うので、今はまた違うフェーズに入ってきてるかなと感じています。

── 練習量や時間は、以前に比べて多くなりましたか?少なくなりましたか?

早田:基本はもう同じぐらいでやっています。今までとちょっと違うのは、異質の練習を結構入れるようになったかなと。

対策練習とかじゃなくて、自分の感覚を養う練習だったりとか、いろんなボールを受けることで対応能力も上がるので、そういったところは柔軟になってきたなと思います。

── テーマを持って試合に臨んで、試合後に反省というサイクルを今まで以上に大切にしてるような感じですか?

早田:そうですね。試合してそれを踏まえるのは、今までとあまり変わらないかなとは思うんですけど。

ここまで準備しなくても、もうできるんじゃないかなと思ってる自分もいるんですけど、自分の性格的にそこまで準備するからこそ、不安をそこで解消しているところが、ある意味自分のやり方なのかなとも思うので。

自分やばいなと思うぐらい何かに入り込んでいる時もあるんですけど、これが自分だなって。この自分をまるっと愛してあげなきゃいけないなと今は思っています。

── 自分の中でやらないと気が済まない感じなんですね。

早田:部分的なところによっては、「もういいんじゃない?」と言われても、自分の中で何かはまってない感覚、何か違う気がしたら最後まで突き詰めていく。

それがある意味自分の良さというか、特徴だなと思っています。

── 対中国を1個目標と考えた時、蒯曼選手、非常にバランスのいい選手という評判ですけども、どんなタイプの選手だと考えていますか?

早田:相手の強みを消すのがうまくて、一番(沼に)ハマりやすい選手だと私は捉えていて。

客観的に見るとフォアハンドよりバックハンドの方が種類も多くて、コースも分かりにくくて、球種もたくさん持ってる選手なので、それが対左だとバック対バックになる回数が多いことを考えると、右利きの選手がやる時よりも難しい試合にはなるかなと思うんですけど。

打開していく策はたくさんあるので、しっかり準備して全て出し切るような気持ちで頑張りたいです。

── 前回の対戦は最後接戦で13-11で勝利していますが、ヒントや手応えはありましたか?

早田:あるんですけど、その時とはボールも台も違いますし、自分の用具も違ったり、今と違うところがたくさんあるので、明日どう戦うかは、今日の夜からしっかり準備していきたいなと思いますね。
(── Is changing your serve every time a tactical element you're using?

Hayata: Yes, that's right. I'm the type who's too serious and tends to get stuck in my ways, and that's been working against me in a lot of recent matches. I can do it if I try, but I'm not the type to want to, so I'm practicing and incorporating it to break out of that shell.

...

── You mentioned earlier that you're now focusing on reviewing your matches. Have you changed your approach or methods in any way compared to before?

Hayata: I haven't changed anything in particular, but for the two years leading up to the Los Angeles Olympics, I think it's more important to strip things away rather than add things.

With so many matches, I probably won't have enough time to learn something new or aim for a different playing style in two years, so conversely, I think that by stripping things away, I might discover a new version of myself.

I'm constantly making choices every day, deciding what's necessary and what's not, while playing matches and practicing.

── For the past two years or so, you've been working on broadening your skills, but now that you've tried them out, are you now at the stage of eliminating each one that you're unsure about?

Hayata: Of course, the reason I've been able to do this is because I've stopped worrying so much about injuries, and I've been able to practice and train as much as I want every day, and because I've been able to do that properly, I think I'm now at the stage of streamlining things.

I've realized again that having a healthy body is the most important thing right now, and I think the two years after the 2024 Paris Olympics were also very important, so I feel like I'm entering a different phase now.

── Has the amount or time you practice increased or decreased compared to before?

Hayata: Basically, it's about the same. What's a little different from before is that I've started incorporating a lot more different kinds of practice.

Not just tactical practice, but practice to cultivate my own senses, and by receiving various kinds of balls, my ability to respond improves, so I think I've become more flexible in that respect. ──So, you're approaching matches with a theme in mind, and then reflecting on them afterward—is that a more important cycle than ever before?

Hayata: Yes, that's right. I think reflecting on the match afterward is pretty much the same as before.

There's a part of me that thinks I could do it without this much preparation, but because of my personality, I think that preparing to that extent helps alleviate my anxieties, and in a way, that's my way of doing things.

There are times when I get so engrossed in something that I think, "Wow, this is crazy," but that's just who I am. I think I need to love this part of myself completely.

──So, you feel like you can't rest until you've done it all?

Hayata: Even if someone tells me, "Isn't that enough?" in certain areas, if I feel like something isn't quite right, if something feels wrong, I'll pursue it to the very end.

I think that's one of my strengths, or rather, my defining characteristic.

──When considering a match against China as one of your goals, Kuai Many has a reputation as a very well-balanced player, but what type of player do you think she is?

Hayata: I see her as someone who is good at neutralizing her opponent's strengths, and someone who is the easiest to get stuck in a trap with.

Objectively speaking, she has more variety in her backhand than her forehand, and her shots are difficult to predict, and she has many different types of shots, so considering that when playing against a left-handed player, there will be many backhand-to-backhand exchanges, I think it will be a more difficult match than when playing against a right-handed player.

There are many ways to break through, so I want to prepare thoroughly and do my best with the feeling that I will give it my all.

──In your last match, you won a close match 13-11. Did you get any hints or a sense of accomplishment?

Hayata: Yes, but the ball and the table are different from that time, my equipment is different, and there are many differences from now, so I want to prepare thoroughly from tonight onwards to figure out how to play tomorrow.)
 
Last edited:
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Jan 2018
13,783
13,300
30,462
ベスト8で今大会を終えた早田ひな「世界ランク6位と7位の間にすごい差を感じる」<卓球・WTTチャンピオンズ横浜2026>
https://rallys.online/topic/international/260808wttchampionsyokohamahayatacomment/
早田ひな(日本生命) コメント

── 試合お疲れ様でした。振り返ってみていかがですか?

早田:前回シンガポールスマッシュでやった時は、ギリギリですけど(ゲームカウント)3-2で勝つことができて。

中国の選手に一回勝つと次からより勝ちにくくなるというのは昔からも経験していますし、今日はよりそれを痛感させられたような結果だったので、でもこれが実力かなと思います。

第1ゲームの中盤までは良かったと思うんですけど、自分の中で途中から何をしたらいいんだろうと迷いながらプレーしてしまった部分もあったので、そこを最後まで引きずってしまった部分もあると思います。

そうなってしまったのも、相手の技術一つ一つだったり、戦術がやっぱり一枚も二枚も上だったなと思ったので、実力不足だなと思います。

── 第1ゲームの6-6から少し迷いが出たという話でしたが?

早田:6-6で自分がチキータして、蒯曼選手のバックで回転をかけてきたボールに対して、思ったより回転がかかってて、そこに気を取られてレシーブミスしちゃって。

6-7でそこから6-8になっちゃって、次自分のサービスが2本あることを考えたら、意地でも7-7にしなきゃいけなかったところを自分の中で真に受けちゃって、その6-6からの一本で6-8にしてしまったので、自分の次のサービス2本も曖昧な感じになっちゃったなと思います。

── 自分から色々なサービスを試合の中で試してたと思いますが、それは何か狙いがありましたか?

早田:いつもは積極的に展開を変えていくために使ってたんですけど、今日はどっちかというと、これもダメだ、あれもダメだと逃げ続けてるような選択だったので。

サービスを変えて自分が何をしたいのか、自分の中であまりプランが立ってないまま試合が進んでいってしまって。色々な選択をしてるけど、ちょっと自分の中で頭がパンクしちゃっていた部分はあります。

── 通用した部分もあったという話もありましたが、具体的にはここが良かったという部分はありますか?

早田:自分のフォアドライブは最後まで効いてたんじゃないかなとは思うんですけど、そのフォアドライブを封じられてしまうのが今日は多かったですし、

あとは蒯曼選手のサービス・3球目だったり、レシーブ・4球目の部分でいつもより攻めが早かったので、ラリーをさせてもらえない展開が多かったかなと思います。

── 第4ゲームは逆転で取りました。手応えを感じるプレーもあったのではないですか?

早田:全てが悪かったわけではないので。もちろん良かった部分は少ないですけど、何が良くて何が悪かったのかを反省して、ちゃんと振り返って自分の戦いに活かしたいです。

── 第5ゲームの4-5の追い上げの中で、フォアハンドで回り込みを狙った部分も見られましたが、いい流れもあって、多少賭けに出たプレーだったのでしょうか?

早田:第5ゲームで、(蒯曼選手も)入れにいくタイミングがあったりとか、それまで全て完璧にやられてたような感じですけど、そこが見えたからこそ反撃のところではあったんですけど。

あれを入れられる選手が中国の選手で、入れられない選手が私なんだろうなと。ここの一本を入れるか入れないかの勝負の世界だったので、読みが当たって回り込めて、相手の感じからもあれが打てたら決まってるんじゃないかと感じましたけど、入れられない実力ではあると思いました。

そこを突き詰めていかないと勝利はないかなという感じですね。

── 試合を終えたばかりですが、今大会、そして今日の試合を経て、何か学びや収穫はありますか?

早田:もっと長い時間試合がしたかったなと思うんですけど、たくさんの方が最後まで応援していただいて、本当にありがたいなという気持ちです。

そこを越えきる力がないなと感じたので、実力をまたつけてここに帰ってきたいと思います。

── まだまだ国際大会が続いていますが、早田選手の卓球人生においてこの経験をどう繋げていきたいですか?

早田:今大会はブラジルが終わって、そこから自分が新たにやってきたことを出してみて、今日はうまくいかなかったんですけど、またこれがいい方向に行くかどうかはわからないですけど、自分がしっかり振り返って、自分の中で整理整頓して、いい部分はしっかり残して次に繋げていきたいなと思います。

── 今大会がちょうどパリ五輪から2年で、ロス五輪への折り返しの時期になるかなと思いますが、改めて自分の今の立ち位置であったりとか、ここまでの2年とこの先の2年を見て、どういった思いを抱いていますか?

早田:正直な感想でいくと、思ったより上位にいるなと。

日本人の中で2番手にいる感覚はあまりないですし、今日みたいに全然実力が足りてないなと思うことばっかりなので、その中でも7位にいるのは、ある程度の基礎の技術とか、今までやってきたことが結果に結びついてる部分はあると思うんですけど。

私の7位から上の選手は張本選手を除いて中国の選手なので、その対中国になった時に、やっぱり6位と7位にすごい差を感じるので、今日の試合を振り返って、どうしていくか考え直さなきゃいけないなと思っています。

── ここから先、スウェーデンスマッシュだったり大きい大会が続いていきますけど、改めて年末のWTTファイナルズに向けて意気込みをお願いします。

早田:1年間WTTのツアーがある中での横浜の一大会で、もちろん結果を出したい気持ちはあったんですけど、それに値する自分の実力じゃなかったなと思うので。

ここでへこんでいても、次のスウェーデンの試合がすぐありますし、その後も試合が続いていくので、しっかりこの課題から逃げないで、今日の試合から何か得られるものがあれば吸収して、次のスウェーデンの試合に臨みたいなと思います。

── 日本のお客さんたちも、早田選手が中国選手と対戦するところを見たいと思ってましたし、早田選手も日本のお客さんの前で勝利したい気持ちもあったと思いますが、いかがですか?

早田:もちろん(中国選手を)超えたいという気持ちは常にあります。だけど自分の性格的にも現実を見すぎちゃう性格でもあるので、試合しながらも、あれもこれも全部下回ってるなと今日は試合してて思いましたし、私が準備して対策してる以上に、蒯曼選手が準備して対策をしてきてたんじゃないかなと思うので。

それでもより上を目指していかないといけないとは思うので、自分の中で今日の反省点がまだまとまってない部分はありますけど、試合ができるだけでもありがたいなと思って、この1試合を無駄にしないようにしっかり今後に繋げていきたいなと思います。

── 日本人ファンの声援で、背中を押される場面とかもありましたか?

早田:押される部分の方が大きかったですし、第4ゲームを取れたのは本当に皆さんの拍手があってこそで、自分が最後まで諦めちゃダメだなと思うことができました。

逆に自分の悪いところというか、現実を見すぎて爆発力がなかったりとか、ここからなんとかしてやる野性のメンタルみたいなところが、他の選手に負けるところがあると思って。

メンタルプラス技術とか戦術で使っていかないといけないタイミングはあると思うので、良い経験だったなと思います。
── 来月の後半にアジア大会があって、また日本のお客さんの前で試合がありますが?

早田:今日の試合よりはいい試合がしたいなと思います。

ここから1ヶ月ちょっとぐらいで、できることは限られてますし、時間も限られてるんですけど、ちょっとでも成長した姿でパフォーマンスを見せることができたらいいなと思っています。

── ロス五輪まであと2年で、2年後から逆算して、プランとして取り組んでいることはありますか?

早田:やっとパリまでの自分の感覚がいい意味で薄れてきてるので、ここからは本当に自分が自由に色々なことを吸収してやっていくことが全てだと思ってます。

この2年はそことの戦いというか、どうしても自分で蘇ってしまって、また同じ失敗をすることが多かったので、今日の負けも、今までよりは自分の中でも定まってない、まとまってない、よくわからなかった試合ですけど、パリまでの自分の感覚は一切なかったと思います。

まだ結果は出てないですけど、違う形での成長はできてるのかなと思うので、ここから自分がどういう形で進めていきたいか、どうなっていきたいかをもう一度チームひなで話し合って、頑張っていきたいなと思います。

── 蒯曼選手も色々な球種を持っていて、戦術もたくさんあるというお話がありましたが、実際に戦術的に上回れてしまったというところですか?

早田:どちらかというと全てを上回られたなと感覚があって、狙い撃ちされたような感じが強かったです。

だからこそサービス出して3球目攻撃を自分が仕掛けても、それを4球目で狙われて点数取られちゃったりとか、基本的にサービス選択肢として3球目攻撃、5球目攻撃とか考えていて、そこをすぐに潰されちゃったことで、自分の中でパンクしちゃったところはあったなと思います。

── 第4ゲームの6-10からの粘りは会場の雰囲気も変えたと思いますが、どんな心境でプレーされてましたか?

早田:次対戦した時のために、何か情報を得てないといけないなと思ってたんですけど、あれで情報が得られたかというと、最後の1点ぐらいかなと。

次対戦したら、それが常に効く選手ではないので、どう組み合わせていくかという、そういった世界になってきてるかなと思います。

── バック対バックの展開は警戒しているという話でしたが、試合の展開としてはどうみていますか?

早田:自分としても、最初はならないように攻めてたところもあったんですけど、後半そこに引きずり込まれたというか、そこから相手のペースに持っていかれた感じはあったので。

自分としてはこれをやりたいけど、駆け引きの中でやらせてもらえなくて遅れてしまったりとか、それがレシーブミスだったり、サービスや3球目のミスだったり、そういったところにつながってしまったかなと思います。

── 今日も緊張した様子で入場されてた印象でしたが、色々シミュレーションして、試合前から臨まれてた感じですか?

早田:試合前の状態としてはいい緊張感で入れたんですけど、単純にめっちゃ強かったなと思いました。

USスマッシュの試合見てても、一時期よりも一段と強くなってるような感じはしてますし、それを今日思いっきり真に受けちゃった感じはしたので、強いことは想定してたんですけど、あまりにも攻められ方が早すぎて手も足も出なかったです。

── 自国開催、頑張れという声がたくさんありました。最後にファンの方にメッセージをお願いします。

早田:いつもたくさんの応援ありがとうございます。今日もほとんど追い込まれてる展開の中で、何度もすごい拍手をいただいて、自分も頑張ろうとずっと思ってたんですけど、なかなか実力不足で自分が至らないところが多かったので、来年はしっかりその期待に応えられるように頑張りたいと思います。
(Hina Hayata (Nippon Life) Comments

── Congratulations on your match. Looking back, what are your thoughts?

Hayata: Last time at the Singapore Smash, I managed to win by a narrow margin, 3-2 (game count).

I've learned from experience that once you beat a Chinese player, it becomes harder to win again, and today's result made me acutely aware of that. But I think this is my current level of skill.

I think I was doing well until the middle of the first game, but from that point on, I was unsure of what to do, and that affected me until the end.

I think that's because my opponent's technique and tactics were simply superior, and I feel it reflects my lack of skill.

── You mentioned that you were a little unsure from 6-6 in the first game?

Hayata: At 6-6, I did a chiquita, and Kuai Man put spin on the ball with her backhand. It had more spin than I expected, and I got distracted by that and made a receiving error.

It went 6-7, then 6-8, and considering I had two more serves coming up, I knew I had to make it 7-7 no matter what. But I took that to heart, and that one serve from 6-6 made it 6-8, so my next two serves were also a bit ambiguous.

── You were trying out various serves during the match. Was there a specific reason for that?

Hayata: Usually, I use them to actively change the flow of the game, but today, it was more like I was constantly running away, thinking "this isn't working, that isn't working."

I didn't really have a plan in my mind about what I wanted to achieve by changing my serves, and the match progressed without a clear strategy. I was making various choices, but my head was a bit overwhelmed at times.

── You mentioned that some aspects worked well. Specifically, what aspects did you feel were good?

Hayata: I think my forehand drive was effective until the end, but today it was often neutralized.

Also, Kuai Man's attacks were faster than usual, especially on the third ball of her serve and the fourth ball of her return, so I think there were many situations where I wasn't able to have a proper rally.

── You won the fourth game with a comeback. Were there any plays that you felt were particularly good?

Hayata: Not everything was bad. Of course, there were few good points, but I want to reflect on what went well and what went wrong, and use that to improve my own game.

── In the fifth game, during your 4-5 comeback, you attempted some forehand shots to get around the ball. You had a good momentum, so was that a bit of a gamble?

Hayata: In the fifth game, there were moments when Kuai Man had a chance to put the ball in, and it felt like she had been perfectly executing everything up until then, but seeing that was what gave me the opportunity to counterattack.

I think the Chinese players are the ones who can put that shot in, and I'm the one who can't. It was a match where it all came down to whether I could put that one shot in or not, and I read the situation correctly, moved around, and from my opponent's movements, I felt that if I could hit that shot, it would have been the winner, but I realized that I lacked the skill to do so.

I feel like I won't be able to win unless I work on that aspect.

── You've just finished the match, but what have you learned or gained from this tournament and today's match?

Hayata: I wish the match could have lasted longer, but so many people cheered me on until the very end, and I'm truly grateful.

I felt that I didn't have the strength to overcome that, so I want to improve my skills and come back here again.

──International tournaments are still ongoing. How do you plan to use this experience to further your table tennis career?

Hayata: This tournament is the culmination of the Brazil tournament, and I've been trying out new things since then. It didn't go well today, and I don't know if this will lead to better results, but I want to reflect on it thoroughly, organize my thoughts, and keep the good parts to use for the next tournament.

──This tournament marks exactly two years since the Paris Olympics, and it's the halfway point towards the Los Angeles Olympics. Looking back at your current position, and considering the past two years and the next two years, what are your thoughts?

Hayata: To be honest, I'm higher ranked than I expected.

I don't really feel like I'm second best among the Japanese players, and I often feel like my skills are far from sufficient, like today. So, being in 7th place means that a certain level of basic technique and the things I've worked on so far are contributing to the results.

Since all the players above me, except for Harimoto, are Chinese, when it comes to facing China, I really feel the huge difference between 6th and 7th place. Looking back at today's match, I need to rethink what I need to do.


── From here on, there are big tournaments like the Sweden Smash coming up. Could you please share your aspirations for the WTT Finals at the end of the year?

Hayata: This was just one tournament in Yokohama during the year-long WTT tour, and of course I wanted to get a good result, but I don't think my abilities were up to par.

Even if I'm discouraged here, the next match in Sweden is coming up soon, and there will be more matches after that. So, I won't run away from this challenge. I want to absorb anything I can learn from today's match and approach the next match in Sweden with that in mind.

── Japanese fans were also eager to see you play against Chinese players, and I'm sure you wanted to win in front of the Japanese fans. What are your thoughts?

Hayata: Of course, I always want to surpass (the Chinese players). However, because of my personality, I tend to be too realistic, so even during the match, I felt that I was falling short in every aspect. I also think that Kuai Man had prepared and strategized even more than I had.

Even so, I know I need to aim higher, and while I still have some points to reflect on from today's match, I'm grateful just to have been able to play. I want to make sure I don't waste this match and use it to improve in the future.

── Were there any moments where the cheers of the Japanese fans gave you a boost?

Hayata: I was definitely more encouraged by their support. Winning the fourth game was truly thanks to everyone's applause, and it made me realize that I couldn't give up until the very end.

Conversely, I think my weaknesses—being too realistic and lacking explosive power, and that raw, determined mentality—are areas where I lose to other players.

I think there are times when I need to combine mental strength with technique and tactics, so it was a good experience. ──The Asian Games are in the latter half of next month, and you'll be competing in front of Japanese audiences again.

Hayata: I want to have a better match than today's.

From here on, it's just over a month, so there's limited things I can do and limited time, but I hope to show a performance that shows even a little bit of growth.

──The Los Angeles Olympics are in two years. Looking back two years, are there any plans you're working on?

Hayata: My feelings about Paris are finally fading in a good way, so from here on, I think it's all about freely absorbing various things and doing them.

These past two years have been a battle with that, or rather, I kept relapsing into the past and making the same mistakes again, so even though today's loss was a match where I wasn't as focused, unorganized, or understood as before, I don't think I had any of the feelings I had about Paris.

The results aren't in yet, but I think I'm growing in a different way, so from here on, I want to discuss with Team Hina again how I want to proceed and what I want to become, and work hard. ── You mentioned that Kuai Man has a variety of shots and many tactics. Did you feel that she actually outmaneuvered you tactically?

Hayata: I felt like she outmaneuvered me in almost every aspect, and I felt like she was targeting me specifically.

That's why, even when I served and tried to attack on the third ball, she would target that on the fourth ball and score a point. I was basically thinking about third-ball and fifth-ball attacks as service options, but she immediately shut those down, and I think that's where I felt overwhelmed.

── Your tenacity from 6-10 down in the fourth game changed the atmosphere of the venue. What were your thoughts while playing?

Hayata: I was thinking I needed to gather some information for our next match, but I think I only gained information from that last point.

When we play again, she's not a player where that always works, so I think it's going to come down to how I combine those strategies.

── You mentioned being wary of backhand-to-backhand exchanges. How do you view the flow of the match?

Hayata: Initially, I tried to avoid that by attacking, but in the latter half, I was drawn into it, and from there, I felt like I was controlled by my opponent's pace.

I wanted to do this, but I wasn't allowed to in the exchange of tactics, which caused me to fall behind. I think that led to receiving errors, service errors, and third-ball errors.

── You seemed quite nervous when you entered the ring today. Did you do a lot of simulations before the match?

Hayata: I entered the match with a good level of tension, but I simply thought she was incredibly strong.

Even watching US Smash's matches, I feel like she's gotten even stronger than before, and I think I took that to heart today. I expected her to be strong, but her attacks were so fast that I couldn't do anything.

-- There were many voices of encouragement for you competing in your home country. Finally, do you have a message for your fans?

Hayata: Thank you so much for all your support. Even though I was mostly under pressure today, I received tremendous applause many times, and I kept thinking that I should do my best, but I was lacking in ability and there were many areas where I fell short. So next year, I will do my best to live up to those expectations.)
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: takkyuunoyume
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Jan 2018
13,783
13,300
30,462
難敵下して8強入り果たした松島輝空「調子が良くない中で勝てたことは成長した部分」<卓球・WTTチャンピオンズ横浜2026>
https://rallys.online/topic/international/260806wttchampionsyokohama-matsushimacomment/

松島輝空の逆転勝利を支えた森薗政崇コーチ「TTRがない中で上手く組み立てられた」<卓球・WTTチャンピオンズ横浜2026>
https://rallys.online/topic/international/260808wttchampionsyokohamamorizono/
── 張禹珍選手のYGサービスに苦しめられる場面も多いように見えましたが?

森薗:(サービスの)回転自体はもちろん色々出してくるんですけど、長短が本当に分からなくて。

今の卓球界には TTRというサービスの違反判定システムが入っていて、(僕らは独自に)各国の選手のサービスが正当なのか違反なのかを分析して判断をしています。

前回のワールドカップで張禹珍選手と対戦したときにはそのシステムがあって、ストレートコースに出されるYGサービスはほぼ確実にフォルトだから「(YGサービスを出されたらTTRを申請して)フォルトを取ろう」と相談して、実際にデュースの場面で(TTRを)取って僕らが勝ちました。

でも、今回はTTRがない環境なので、相手はそこを利用して上手に途中から組み立てられました。環境に適した戦術なので文句は言えないんですが、自分の中でモヤモヤする部分はありました。でも、最後まで自分のプレーを貫き通して勝てたことはものすごい自信になるんじゃないかなと思います。
(──It seemed like you had a lot of trouble with Jang Woojin's YG serve.

Morizono: Of course, he uses a variety of spins on his serves, but it's really hard to tell which ones are good and which are bad.

The current table tennis world has a service violation judging system called TTR, and we (independently) analyze and judge whether the serves of players from each country are legitimate or illegal.

When we played against Jang Woojin in the last World Cup, that system was in place, and a YG serve served straight is almost certainly a fault, so we discussed "let's apply for a TTR (if she serves a YG) and get a fault," and we actually got the TTR in a deuce situation and won.

However, this time, there was no TTR, so my opponent used that to his advantage and built his strategy from the middle of the match. It's a tactic suited to the environment, so I can't complain, but there were some things that bothered me. But I think being able to stick to my own play until the end and win will give me a lot of confidence.)

逆転勝利を掴み取った松島輝空「応援してくれた皆さんと一緒に戦えた」<卓球・WTTチャンピオンズ横浜2026>
https://rallys.online/topic/international/260808wttchampionsyokohamamatsushimacomment/

松島輝空、ベスト4も手応え「世界トップ5の中に自分の実力はある」<卓球・WTTチャンピオンズ横浜2026>
https://rallys.online/topic/international/260809wttchampionsyokohamamatsushimacomment/
── 張本選手と自身でここが違った、何かが足りなかったと思うようなところは?

松島:どの選手も大会によって調子が良い悪いあると思いますし、張本選手もUSスマッシュの場合はあまり調子が良くなかったし。

その良い悪いの中で、いかに悪くても良い結果を出せるかが選手にとって大事になってくると思うので、それがまだまだ足りなかったなという感じでした。

── 前回のパリ五輪から2年、ロス五輪まで2年というタイミングですけども、改めてご自身の立ち位置を、今大会の結果も踏まえてどう捉えていますか?

松島:まずはWTTの大会に出場して良い結果が出てきて、今回もベスト4という結果で、負けたのは張本選手とかで、世界トップ5の中に自分の実力はあるというのも確かだと思います。その自信を持ちながら、ロス五輪に向けて、まだまだ成長すると思います。

── 今回の張本選手のサービスに対してのレシーブというのはどれくらい難しかったのですか?

松島:彼はサービスに苦手意識があって、その中で今回サービスを工夫しながらちゃんと練習してきたと思うので、その成果は試合を勝ち上がりながらも感じましたし、そのサービスに苦しめられた。

(張本選手の)サービスの低さだったり、コントロールだったり、そういうところが本当に良かったなと思います。

── 逆に松島選手はいつもよりもロングサービスが少なかったかなと思いますが?

松島:左利きのロングサービスに対してのレシーブは張本選手はうまいので、なかなか効かなかったのはあります。

最終ゲームは体が少しラリーになると不利な状況だったので、そういう面でも短いサービスから前で攻めたかったので、そういう選択をしました。

── 2人で良い試合をして会場を盛り上げたところはどう見ていますか?

松島:今回張本選手も調子が良かったですし、その中で自分と張本選手がプレーできて、そして日本のファンの皆さんの前でプレーできたことは本当に嬉しく思いますし、またこの舞台で張本選手とプレーしたいなと思います。

── 全日本選手権の時と比べて、松島選手の両ハンドドライブに対してブロックだったり、返される場面が多かったような印象があります。その辺りはいかがですか?

松島:今回はボールと台が変わってきてるので、その面でボールが初戦から走らないなという感じはあったので。

もちろん試合前から何度も返されてることは分かってましたし、やってみてもいつもより(ボールが)走らなかったので、返されたなという感じです。

── 来月には、張本選手とチームメイトとしてアジア大会に出場します。団体で日本代表として一緒に戦うことに対する意気込みをお願いします。

松島:どちらも世界ランキングが高くて、自分と張本選手が大会に出て、自分たちのパフォーマンスを上げていけたら勝利につながるかなという気持ちです。

── この後も大会続いていきますが、今後の予定や意気込みを教えてください。

松島:すぐヨーロッパの試合が始まるので、少し疲労は溜まってますけど、しっかりとまたいい準備をして勝ち上がればいいかなと思っています。
(── What differences did you see between yourself and Harimoto, or what do you think you were lacking?

Matsushima: I think every player has good and bad days depending on the tournament, and Harimoto wasn't in particularly good form for the US Smash.

I think it's important for a player to be able to produce good results even when they're not at their best, and I felt that I was still lacking in that area.


── It's been two years since the last Paris Olympics, and two years until the Los Angeles Olympics. Considering the results of this tournament, how do you see your own position now?

Matsushima: First of all, I've had good results in the WTT tournament, and this time I reached the top four. I lost to Harimoto, among others, so I think it's certain that I have the ability to be among the world's top five. With that confidence, I believe I will continue to grow towards the Los Angeles Olympics.

── How difficult was receiving Harimoto's serves this time?

Matsushima: He has a weakness in his serve, and I think he's been practicing and working on it for this match. I could see the results of that practice as he advanced through the matches, and I struggled with his serve.

Harimoto's serve was really good, especially the lowness and control.


- On the other hand, it seemed like you used fewer long serves than usual, Matsushima-san?

Matsushima: Harimoto-san is good at receiving left-handed long serves, so it was difficult to get a good return.

In the final game, my body was at a slight disadvantage during rallies, so I wanted to attack from the net with short serves, which is why I made that choice.

- What do you think of the great match you both played and how you both excited the crowd?

Matsushima: Harimoto-san was in good form this time, and I'm really happy that we were able to play together, and that we were able to play in front of the Japanese fans. I would love to play against Harimoto-san on this stage again.

──Compared to the All Japan Championships, it seemed like there were more instances where your two-handed drives were blocked or returned. What are your thoughts on that?

Matsushima: This time, the ball and the table were different, so I felt that the ball wasn't moving as fast from the first match.

Of course, I knew before the match that my shots would be returned many times, and even when I played, the ball didn't move as fast as usual, so I felt like it was being returned.

──Next month, you'll be competing in the Asian Games as teammates with Harimoto. What are your aspirations for competing together as representatives of Japan in the team competition?

Matsushima: Both of us have high world rankings, so I feel that if Harimoto and I participate in the tournament and improve our performance, it will lead to victory.

──There are more tournaments coming up. What are your plans and aspirations for the future?

Matsushima: The European tournaments start soon, so I'm a little tired, but I'm hoping to prepare well and win.)
 
Last edited:
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Jan 2018
13,783
13,300
30,462
準々決勝進出の張本智和「ラリーはいつでもできる、ラリーに頼らないプレーを」<卓球・WTTチャンピオンズ横浜2026>
https://rallys.online/topic/international/260807wttchampionsyokohama-harimototomokazucomment/
── 須江監督の言葉で学びとなった部分はありますか?

張本:流行語大賞にもノミネートされた「青春って、すごく密なので」とか、「人生最高の夜更かし」とか。学生の感覚を持っていらっしゃる監督なんだなと思います。

そういう意味では、僕たちの岸川監督もすごく似てる方で。多くは語らないけど、ヒントを常に散りばめて僕たちに探させてくれるので、岸川監督とのコミュニケーションもすごく良いものだと思います。
(── Were there any words from coach SUE [Wataru of baseball] that you found particularly instructive?

Harimoto: Things like "Youth is all about intense closeness"—a phrase that was even nominated for the Buzzword Awards—or "The best late night of one's life." It really shows that he has the mindset of a student.

In that sense, our own coach Kishikawa is very similar. He doesn't say a whole lot, but he constantly scatters hints for us to discover on our own, so the communication we have with him is excellent.)
 
Last edited:
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Jan 2018
13,783
13,300
30,462
TAKAGI Mina approached Nagasaki for an analysis on 1-3 Peng Yu-Han after 3-0 Winter at EUR GS 2026.

橋本帆乃香、長﨑美柚を連続撃破 台湾の新鋭18歳・彭郁涵の"異質すぎる"卓球を長﨑が分析【卓球 WTTヨーロッパスマッシュ】
https://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/tabletennis/news/2026/08/042347.html
そこで長﨑に、ウィンターとの違いを含めた彭郁涵のプレースタイルを分析してもらった。

異質が得意な長﨑でさえ「表ソフトとアンチの球質の落差がすごい」

―― 長﨑選手はもともと異質ラバーの選手に強いイメージがあります。今回、2回戦で勝ったウィンター選手にも4戦全勝と負けなしですね。

私の同級生に異質ラバーを使う強い選手が大勢いて、その選手たちに勝たないと1番になれない年代だったので、小学生のときからたくさん練習してきたことが今につながっていると思います。

例えば、出澤杏佳選手や相馬夢乃選手、森愛美選手など、他の年代に比べて異質の選手が強かったです。


―― 3回戦では異質ラバーの彭郁涵選手に敗れてしまいました。彭郁涵選手のラバーは組み合わせが特徴的ですが、やはりやりにくかったですか?

そうですね。彭郁涵選手は上回転のラリーに対する表ソフトの使い方は回転量が少なく、しっかり溜めて打つタイプではないため、早いタイミングでポンポン打ってくる感覚でした。唯一無二と言っていい、特徴的な選手だと思います。


―― 国内選考会などでジュニアの選手と対戦すると、球質の違いから調整しにくいことがありますが、それに近い感じでしょうか?

特定のボールの表ソフトとアンチの球質の落差が大きいので、調整できなかった部分があります。

通常、表ソフトで打つ上回転のボールは、私のボールの回転が半分になって返ってくる感覚がありますが、彼女の場合は上回転で飛んでくるようなイメージでした。

あと、ツッツキが本当に切れていて、「表なのに、なんでこんなに切れているのだろう?」と、少し衝撃的でした。

同じアンチでも「ウィンター選手とは全然違う」

―― アンチラバーのボールはどんな印象でしたか?

ウィンター選手のアンチは、すごく回転量の多い使い方をしますが、彭郁涵選手の場合はその真逆でナックルでした。

コースもツーバウンドするくらいの浅い返球が多かったです。なので、ウィンター選手と対戦した後だからこそ余計に対応が難しかった部分がありました。


―― ウィンター選手のアンチラバーはドイツ製のドクトル・ノイバウアーですが、彭郁涵選手は何を使っいるのでしょう?

私は相手選手のラバーを詳しく確認するタイプじゃないので、メーカーとかはよく分からないのですが、ウィンター選手のラバーとは全然違いますね。

両面を使っているように見える反転術。実は...

―― 彭郁涵選手はラケットをくるくる反転させるのがとても印象的ですが、あれも対戦する側にはやりにくそうですね。

どっちの面で打ってくるか、1球1球見極めなきゃいけないので、自分の動きが少し止まってしまいました。

ただ、ラケットをくるくる回してどっちの面も使っているように見えますが、表ソフトを使うパターン化された攻撃中心の戦術があると思いました。


―― 今回は5ゲームマッチでしたが、7ゲームあればまた展開は違ったと思いますか?

あと1ゲーム欲しかったなと思います。相手の攻撃パターンに気づいたのも試合が終わった後だったので、あと1ゲームあれば調整できたように思います。そう思うほど、初めてのタイプの選手でした。

ただ、反省点としては、自分の状態がすごく良かったので「こういうドライブで決めたい」とムキになって打ちすぎたところがあります。

もう少しゆるいボールも入れて、ラリーをしても良かったかもしれない。今回は、回転を操るのが上手な選手の手のひらで、コロコロ転がされたような感覚でした。これも今も自分の実力だと思います。


―― 次に対戦したら攻略できそうですか?

まだこれという方法は見つかっていませんが、試合前の準備は変えたいです。試合では攻めるばかりではなくつないで、自分の両ハンドドライブの威力を生かせる攻撃パターンに持っていきたいです。


文=高樹ミナ
(So, we asked Nagasaki to analyze Peng Yu-Han's playing style, including how it differs from Winter's.

Even Nagasaki, who excels with unconventional rubbers, said, "The difference in ball quality between short pimples and anti-spin is incredible."

- Nagasaki, you've always had a strong reputation against players with unconventional rubbers. This time, you're undefeated against Winter, whom you beat in the second round, with four wins and no losses.

There were many strong players in my class who used unconventional rubbers, and at that age, you couldn't become number one unless you beat them, so I think all the practice I did from elementary school has led to where I am today.

For example, players like Idezawa Kyoka, Soma Yumeno, and Mori Manami were stronger with unconventional rubbers compared to other age groups.

- In the third round, you lost to Peng Yu-Han, who also uses unconventional rubbers. Peng Yu-Han's rubber combination is unique. Was it difficult to play against her?

Yes, it was. Peng Yu-Han's use of short pips against topspin rallies involved less spin and she wasn't the type to hold the ball down before hitting. She hit it quickly and precisely. I think she's a unique and distinctive player.

- When you play against junior players in domestic selection tournaments, it can be difficult to adjust due to the difference in ball quality. Was it similar to that?

There was a significant difference in ball quality between short pips and anti-spin rubbers for certain types of balls, so there were parts I couldn't adjust to.

Normally, when I hit topspin balls with short pips, it feels like my ball's spin is halved when it comes back, but with her, it felt like the ball was flying towards me with topspin.

Also, her pushes were incredibly sharp; I was a little shocked, thinking, "How can a short pips rubber have so much spin?"

Even though it's the same anti-spin rubber, "it's completely different from Winter's."

- What were your impressions of the anti-spin rubber balls?

Winter's anti-spin technique generates a lot of spin, but Peng Yu-Han's approach was the complete opposite—a knuckleball.

Many of her returns were shallow, bouncing twice. Therefore, having just played against Winter, it was especially difficult to adapt.

- Winter's anti-spin rubber is a German-made Dr. Neubauer, but what does Peng Yu-Han use?

I'm not the type to closely check my opponent's rubber, so I don't know the manufacturer, but it's completely different from Winter's.

She uses a flipping technique that makes it look like she's using both sides of the racket. Actually...

- Peng Yu-Han's racket flipping is very impressive; that must be difficult for the opponent.

I had to judge which side she was going to hit with each shot, which slowed my movements down a bit.

However, although she twirls her racket and seems to use both sides, I think she has a patterned, attack-centered tactic using short pips.

—This was a 5-game match, but do you think the match would have unfolded differently if it had been 7 games?

I wish we had one more game. I only noticed her attack pattern after the match was over, so I think I could have adjusted if we had one more game. She was a type of player I'd never encountered before.

However, one point of reflection is that I was in very good form, so I got too stubborn and hit too hard, thinking, "I want to finish it with this kind of drive."

I should have included some softer balls and rallies more. This time, I felt like I was being manipulated by a player who is good at controlling spin. I think this is still a reflection of my current skill level.

—Do you think you can figure out how to beat him next time?

I haven't found a definitive method yet, but I want to change my pre-match preparation. In the match, I want to focus on connecting rather than just attacking, and create attack patterns that utilize the power of my two-handed drives.

Text by Mina Takagi)
 
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Jan 2018
13,783
13,300
30,462
【卓球】伊藤美誠が明かす復活劇の〝舞台裏〟 アリサ・リュウの言葉が転機に
https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/articles/-/400102
 2024年パリ五輪の選考レースは、21年東京五輪の翌年からスタート。休む間もなく戦い抜いた約2年間の日々は、伊藤に大きなダメージを与えた。

 伊藤 今思うことはいっぱいありますね。東京五輪を終えた後も、卓球ってオフシーズンがないので自分で休むタイミングをつくらないといけないじゃないですか。「あ、ここちょっと1年間休んどいてもよかったな」と思う瞬間もあったけど、事例がないので…。やっぱり1年間休んだりすると、世界ランキングも大きく下がりますし。

 引退の2文字が頭をよぎることもあった。ただ、フィギュアスケート女子のアリサ・リュウ(米国)の生きざまが転機となった。リュウは22年北京五輪後に一度現役を退いた。約2年後に復帰を決断すると、26年ミラノ・コルティナ五輪は個人&団体で金メダルを獲得。世界的なスーパースターとなった。

 伊藤 アリサ・リュウ選手の「すごく追い詰められて1~2年ぐらい休んだ」というような話を聞いて「それすばらしい」と思ったんですよね。私がその話を知ったのはパリ五輪の後だったし、現実的にはできなかったかもしれないけど、そういう考えがあってもよかったなと思って、少しずつ息を抜くというか、リフレッシュする機会を増やせるようになりました。

 気分転換の重要性を実感し、25年世界選手権ではシングルスで銅メダル。新たな気づきで復活を遂げた伊藤は、アジア大会もモチベーションとなっていた。

 伊藤 もともと20歳で辞めようと思っていたので(アジア大会に出るとは)思っていなかったです(笑い)。今回は海外だったら出ていなかったかもしれないけど、日本でやるので出ようと決めた部分もあります。地元の静岡に近い愛知で試合があるので「おじいちゃん、おばあちゃん来れるじゃん」って。日本で行われるのはうれしいです。

 卓球の国際大会が日本で実施されるのは年1~2回程度。貴重な機会だからこそ、すべてを出し尽くす覚悟だ。

 伊藤 大きな大会を日本でやる機会は少ないのでめちゃくちゃうれしいし、発展にもつながると思う。私が現役生活のうちに日本でアジア大会のような大会をやるのは最後になるかもしれないので、日本のみなさん、静岡のみなさんに見に来てもらって、近くで一緒に頑張りたいです。

 卓球はチケットの売れ行きも好調の人気競技。新型コロナ禍で実施された5年前の東京五輪は無観客だったが、今回は大観衆の前で魅力を日本中に発信する。
(The selection race for the 2024 Paris Olympics started the year after the 2021 Tokyo Olympics. The approximately two years of non-stop competition took a heavy toll on Ito.

Ito: "I have so many thoughts now. Even after the Tokyo Olympics, table tennis doesn't have an off-season, so I had to create my own opportunities to rest. There were moments when I thought, 'Ah, maybe I should have taken a year off,' but there were no precedents... And if I took a year off, my world ranking would drop significantly."

The word "retirement" crossed her mind at times. However, the life of figure skater Alisa Liu (USA) became a turning point. Liu retired after the 2022 Beijing Olympics. About two years later, she decided to return, and at the 2026 Milan-Cortina Olympics, she won gold medals in both the individual and team events, becoming a global superstar.

Ito: "I heard Alisa Liu's story about being 'pushed to the brink and taking a year or two off,' and I thought, 'That's amazing.'" I learned about that after the Paris Olympics, and it might not have been realistic, but I thought it was good to have that kind of thinking, and it helped me gradually take breaks and increase opportunities to refresh myself.

Realizing the importance of changing my mood, Ito won a bronze medal in singles at the 2025 World Championships. Having made a comeback with this new realization, the Asian Games also motivated her.

Ito: I originally planned to retire at 20, so I never thought I'd be competing in the Asian Games (laughs). I might not have competed if it were overseas, but since it's being held in Japan, that's part of why I decided to participate. There's a match in Aichi, which is close to my hometown of Shizuoka, so I thought, "My grandparents can come!" I'm happy it's being held in Japan.

International table tennis tournaments are only held in Japan about once or twice a year. Because it's such a valuable opportunity, she's determined to give it her all.

Ito: Opportunities to hold major tournaments in Japan are rare, so I'm incredibly happy, and I think it will contribute to the development of the sport. This might be the last time I play in a tournament like the Asian Games in Japan during my active career, so I'd love for everyone in Japan, especially those in Shizuoka, to come and watch and cheer us on together.

Table tennis is a popular sport with strong ticket sales. The Tokyo Olympics five years ago, held during the COVID-19 pandemic, were held without spectators, but this time, we'll be showcasing the sport's appeal to a huge audience across Japan.)
 
Last edited:
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Jan 2018
13,783
13,300
30,462
Takagi Mina's latest interview on Nagasaki.

長﨑美柚が抱えた葛藤「自分らしくいると、今のまま」卓球から離れた10日間を機に見つけた答え
https://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/tabletennis/news/2026/09/042372.html
https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/6997a6d7918e5c210a3582c555334fa359cb7b70
https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/6997a6d7918e5c210a3582c555334fa359cb7b70?page=2
https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/6997a6d7918e5c210a3582c555334fa359cb7b70?page=3
https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/6997a6d7918e5c210a3582c555334fa359cb7b70/comments
晴れやかなムードに包まれた記者会見場は、多種多様な競技のアスリートと報道陣でごった返していた。

8月19日、都内ホテルで盛大に開かれた愛知・名古屋アジア競技大会(9月19日開幕)の結団式。

その前に行われた記者会見の後、長﨑美柚(木下グループ/世界ランク19位)を人目につかないロビーの隅へと連れ出したのは、できるだけ静かな場所で彼女の心のひだに触れたかったからだ。

今年5月下旬、長﨑は国内選考会で優勝し、アジア選手権大会(10月19〜25日/ウズベキスタン)の代表権も獲得していた。

ところが、直後のインタビューで「卓球をポジティブに捉えることができていない」「自分の中のコップの水があふれるような感覚」と思いがけない心情を吐露。お祝いムードを一変させた。

あの衝撃的な発言から、約3ヶ月。過日のWTTヨーロッパスマッシュ(8月8〜16日/スウェーデン)では久々に積極的なプレーを見せ、持ち前の攻撃力を発揮した。

それは、飛躍を遂げた2025年シーズン後半の好調を取り戻したかのような、生き生きとした姿だった。

この3ヶ月で、彼女にどんな変化があったのだろう。選考会以来、ずっと気になっていた問いを投げかけた。

過密スケジュールとプレッシャーに追い込まれて

昨シーズンの長﨑は、6月のWTTスターコンテンダー リュブリャナでWTTシリーズ初優勝を飾ったのを機に成績を伸ばし、世界ランクを自己最高の14位まで押し上げた。

しかし、2026年に入ると思うように勝てなくなり、好調の歯車は狂っていった。

「ネガティブな感情が芽生えたのは昨年12月ぐらい。成績が良くなるとスマッシュやチャンピオンズのような上のカテゴリーの大会に出場できるようになりますが、その一方でコンテンダーやスターコンテンダーにも出続け、さらに国内選考会もあって、本当に試合数が多かったです」

試合の合間に練習をしなければという焦りが生まれた。注目され期待が高まるにつれ、「負けられない」というプレッシャーも重くのしかかる。

そうしているうちに、長﨑は試合に勝っても負けても感情が動かない状態に陥っていった。

「『アスリートとして、どうなのだろう?』と思いながら、自分の気持ちを押し殺していました。でも4月頃になると、もう自分を騙せなくなって。自分にも周りの人たちにも素直になろうと決めました」

蓋をしていた思いが5月の選考会前、ついに「コップの水」のようにあふれ出した。

10日間の休暇で気づいた「卓球をやりたい」気持ち

選考会の翌日からは、“異例の長期休暇”を取った。日数は10日間。

体調を崩したときでさえ、休むのはせいぜい数日という競技生活において、元気な体でこれほど長くラケットを置くのは初めてだった。

「最初の1週間は早かったですね。テレビの取材ロケに行ったり、友達と食事に出かけたり、ただ近所をぶらぶら散歩したりするのも新鮮で。全くラケットを握らなくても、『卓球をしていない自分も好きだな』と思えました。極端に言うと、自分の中にもう一人の自分がいるみたいな感覚で、そのギャップについていけないことがあります」

続けて長﨑は、意外な言葉を口にした。

「自分は人と争いたくない性格で、本当は競技者に向いていないのかもしれません。もともと卓球があまり好きではなくて……。もっと卓球が好きだったらいいのに、と思ったことは何度もあります」

くれぐれも誤解しないでほしい。これには、ちゃんと続きがある。

「それなのに、休みに入って3日目くらいから、『卓球やりたいな』と思いました。試合で勝つのは楽しくて、すごく好きです。だから、そのために練習もします」

そう、卓球が嫌いなわけではない。ただ、四六時中、卓球のことを考えているタイプではないのだ。ラケットを置けば、ごく普通の24歳に戻る。

そんな自分と、身近で切磋琢磨するライバルを比べるたび長﨑の心は揺れた。

勝つための選択をいかに優先できるか

長﨑のようなトップ選手の闘志に火をつけるのは、オリンピック日本代表の狭き門だ。

4年ごとに巡ってくる熾烈な代表争いは、選手たちの競技レベルを押し上げる一方で、容赦なく心を揺さぶる。

2028年ロサンゼルスオリンピックの卓球競技は種目が変更され、男女団体に代わり混合団体を実施。個人戦は男女シングルスと混合ダブルスに男女ダブルスが加わり、2004年アテネ大会以来、24年ぶりに男女ダブルスが復活する。

種目数は5種目から6種目に増えたものの、代表枠は男女3人ずつと変わらない。花形のシングルスに出場できるのは、それぞれ日本のトップ2人だけだ。

「トップ2に入るにはと考えたとき、世界ランクは5位以内。今の自分のままではダメだと分かっています。自分らしくいたら、今の位置のまま。それ以上を望むなら、考え方を変えなければいけません」

2枚しかない切符を手にするには、卓球だけでなく、あらゆる選択において自分を優先すべき場面が増えていく。
人と争うことを好まない長﨑が、勝つことにこだわり抜き、ときにエゴイスティックになれるのか。
 
恵まれた才能と体格を持ちながら、あと一歩突き抜けられず、ここまできた彼女。そのジレンマの根っこは、案外そこにあるのかもしれない。

完成させたい「自分の求める卓球スタイル」

今も、すべての答えが出たわけではない。

それでも、ジュニア時代は良きライバルとして戦った皆川優香コーチと心を通わせ、さまざまな人と話し、考える中で見つけた答えがある。

それは、「自分の求める卓球スタイルを完成させる」こと。

「両ハンドドライブの威力を生かしながら安定性を高めたいです。ラリーになる前にサーブ3球目、レシーブ4球目で仕留めたい。相手が『何をしてくるか分からない。怖いな』と思うような選手になりたいです。そうすることで勝てる卓球になって、結果もついてくると思います」

実際、理想の卓球を意識して臨んだ7月のWTTスターコンテンダー サン・ジョゼ・ドス・カンポスでベスト4。
翌月のWTTヨーロッパスマッシュでは、フォア面が表ソフトラバー、バック面がアンチスピンラバーという異色の台湾選手に3回戦で敗れたものの、自分なりの手応えをつかんだ。

「最近はずっと質の高いボールに対応する練習を積んできて、その成果が出てきています。『中国選手と対戦したい』という気持ちも強く、ここからどこまでできるか楽しみです」

練習への取り組み方を変え、一つ一つの選択にも責任を持つようになった2025年シーズン。躍進を遂げた自信と経験もまた、長﨑の背中を押しているようだ。

トップアスリートの闘争本能も、頂上の目指し方も選手の数だけあっていい。
だが、競技の世界で頂点は一つ。そして、挑戦できる時間にも限りがある。
 
「自分らしくいたい自分」と「勝つために変わる自分」。どちらも長﨑美柚に違いない。彼女らしいやり方で頂点への道を歩いていってほしい。


文=高樹ミナ
(The press conference room, enveloped in a celebratory atmosphere, was bustling with athletes from a wide variety of sports and members of the press.

On August 19th, the Aichi-Nagoya Asian Games (opening September 19th) held a grand send-off ceremony at a hotel in Tokyo.

After the press conference held prior to the ceremony, I took Nagasaki Miyu (Kinoshita Group/world rank 19th) to a quiet corner of the lobby, hoping to reach out to her innermost thoughts in a peaceful setting.

In late May of this year, Nagasaki won the domestic selection tournament, securing her place on the team for the Asian Championships (October 19th-25th/Uzbekistan).

However, in an interview immediately following, she unexpectedly revealed her feelings, saying, "I can't view table tennis positively," and "It feels like the water in my cup is overflowing." This completely changed the celebratory mood.

Approximately three months have passed since that shocking statement. At the recent Europe Smash (August 8-16 / Sweden), she displayed aggressive play for the first time in a while, showcasing her characteristic attacking power.

It was a vibrant performance, as if she had regained the excellent form she showed in the latter half of the 2025 season, which led to her breakthrough.

What changes have occurred in her over the past three months? I asked her this question, which had been bothering me ever since the selection trials.

Driven to the brink by a packed schedule and pressure

Last season, Nagasaki's performance improved significantly after winning her first WTT series title at the WTT Star Contender Ljubljana in June, pushing her world ranking to a career-high of 14th.

However, as 2026 began, she stopped winning as consistently, and her momentum began to falter.

"Negative feelings started to emerge around December of last year. As my performance improved, I was able to participate in higher-category tournaments like Smash and Champions, but at the same time, I continued to compete in Contender and Star Contender tournaments, and there were also domestic selection trials, so I really had a lot of matches."

I developed an anxiety that I had to practice between matches. As I gained attention and expectations rose, the pressure of "I can't lose" weighed heavily on me.

Before this happened, Nagasaki fell into a state where her emotions didn't change whether she won or lost a match.

"I was suppressing my feelings, wondering, 'What kind of athlete am I?' But around April, I couldn't deceive myself anymore. I decided to be honest with myself and those around me."

The feelings she had been suppressing finally overflowed like "water in a glass" before the selection trials in May.

Realizing her desire to "play table tennis" during a 10-day vacation

The day after the selection trials, she took an "unusually long vacation." It lasted 10 days.

In her competitive career, even when she was unwell, she would only rest for a few days at most. This was the first time she had put down her racket for such a long period while feeling healthy.

"The first week went by quickly. Going on TV shoots, eating out with friends, just strolling around the neighborhood felt refreshing. Even without holding a racket at all, I realized, 'I like myself even when I'm not playing table tennis.' To put it extremely, it felt like there was another me inside me, and sometimes I couldn't come to terms with that gap."

Nagasaki then said something unexpected.

"I'm the kind of person who doesn't like competing with others, so maybe I'm not really suited to being a competitor. I've never liked table tennis that much to begin with... I've often thought, 'I wish I liked table tennis more.'"

Please don't misunderstand. There's more to this.

"And yet, around the third day of my break, I started thinking, 'I want to play table tennis.' Winning matches is fun, and I really love it. That's why I practice."

So, it's not that she dislikes table tennis. However, she's not the type to think about table tennis 24/7. When she puts down her racket, she reverts to being a perfectly normal 24-year-old.

Every time Nagasaki compares herself to her close rivals, her heart wavers.

How can I prioritize the choices necessary to win?

For top players like Nagasaki, the fierce competition for a spot on the Japanese Olympic team ignites their fighting spirit.

The intense competition for a place on the team, which comes around every four years, not only raises the level of play among the athletes but also mercilessly shakes their hearts.

The table tennis competition at the 2028 Los Angeles Olympics will see changes; the men's and women's team events will be replaced with a mixed team event. The individual events will include men's and women's singles and mixed doubles, with the addition of men's and women's doubles, marking the return of men's and women's doubles for the first time in 24 years since the 2004 Athens Games.

Although the number of events has increased from five to six, the number of representative spots remains unchanged at three for men and three for women. Only the top two Japanese players can compete in the prestigious singles tournament.

"When I think about what it takes to be in the top two, I need to be ranked within the top five in the world. I know I can't stay the way I am now. If I stay true to myself, I'll stay where I am. If I want to go higher, I have to change my way of thinking."

To secure one of the two available spots, she'll need to prioritize herself in all aspects of her life, not just table tennis.

Can Nagasaki, who dislikes competing with others, become relentlessly determined to win, and even become egoistic at times?

Despite her blessed talent and physique, she's never quite broken through to the next level. Perhaps the root of her dilemma lies somewhere deep within herself.

The "Table Tennis Style I Desire" I Want to Complete

Even now, she hasn't found all the answers.

Nevertheless, through connecting with her coach, MINAGAWA Yuka, who was a good rival during her junior years, and through talking with various people and reflecting, she has found an answer.

That answer is: "To complete the table tennis style I desire."

"I want to improve my consistency while making the most of the power of my two-handed drives. I want to finish the point on the third serve and the fourth return before the rally even begins. I want to become a player that makes my opponents think, 'I don't know what she's going to do. That's scary.' I believe that by doing so, I'll be able to play winning table tennis, and the results will follow."

In fact, she reached the semifinals of the WTT Star Contender San José dos Campos in July, consciously aiming for her ideal style of table tennis.

The following month, at the Europe Smash, she lost in the third round to a Chinese Taipei player with an unusual setup—a forehand with short pimple rubber and a backhand with anti-spin rubber—but she gained valuable experience.

"Recently, I've been practicing to respond to high-quality balls, and I'm starting to see the results. I have a strong desire to play against Chinese players, and I'm looking forward to seeing how far I can go from here."

In the 2025 season, she has changed her approach to practice and taken responsibility for each of her choices. The confidence and experience gained from her breakthrough seem to be pushing Nagasaki forward.

The competitive spirit and the ways in which top athletes strive for the top are just as diverse as the athletes themselves.

However, in the world of competition, there is only one peak. And the time one has to challenge oneself is limited.

"The self that wants to be true to herself" and "the self that changes to win"—both are undoubtedly Nagasaki Miyu. I hope she walks the path to the top in her own unique way.

Text by TAKAGI Mina)
 
Last edited:
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Jan 2018
13,783
13,300
30,462
Took Baba long enough to spell it out.

Is it safe to assume that Ito has warmed up to Hirano again because she got dumped by Hayata (something that Ito has a history of doing) despite being the one to extend the olive branch?

【卓球】ロス五輪に向けダブルス戦略的強化へ 馬場美香強化本部長「ランキング上位の選手同士のペアに組んでもらいダブルスのランキングを高めたい」 ([Table Tennis] Strategic focus on strengthening doubles for the Los Angeles Olympics; Mika Baba, Head of Development, states: "We want to pair top-ranked players together to boost our doubles rankings.")
https://hochi.news/articles/20260912-OHT1T51261.html?page=1
 日本卓球協会は12日、都内で理事会を開催し、28年ロサンゼルス五輪に向けた男女ダブルス、混合ダブルスの強化指針を打ち出した。

 ロス五輪では、混合ダブルスが引き続き行われる他、04年以来6大会ぶりに男女ダブルスも実施される。メダル候補に挙げられている日本は、打倒中国に向けて今後の戦略的強化が求められていた。日本協会の馬場美香強化本部長は「ランキングの高い選手にペアリングを組んでもらって、ダブルスの予選、もしくは、本戦になった場合にシードが取れるような試合に出場してランキングを高めていくということを目指している」と掲げた。

 馬場強化本部長は「今年ぐらいから何ペアかに絞って、1年間でランキングを上げていかないと代表になったからといっても、メダルの確率が低くなる。シングルスの選考基準は、男女ともに世界ランクの1、2位となっているので、基本的にはランキングの高い選手の中からペアリングを選出していきつつ、オリンピックでのシード権を獲得して、早い段階で強いペアと当たらないように戦略的に監督たちがやっていくとイメージしています」と話した。

 ロス五輪の実施種目と出場選手枠は、男女シングルスが各2枠、男女ダブルスが各1組、混合ダブルスが最大2組、新種目の混合団体が男女各3人。6種目が実施され、男女各最大3人が代表となる。
(The Japan Table Tennis Association held a board of directors meeting in Tokyo on the 12th and came up with guidelines for strengthening men's and women's doubles and mixed doubles in preparation for the 2028 Los Angeles Olympics.

At the Los Angeles Olympics, mixed doubles will continue to be played, and men's and women's doubles will also be held for the first time in six Olympics since 2004. Japan, which was listed as a medal candidate, was required to strengthen its strategy going forward in order to defeat China. Mika Baba, head of the Japan Association's Development Headquarters, said, "Our aim is to have players with high rankings form pairings and participate in doubles preliminary rounds or matches that will allow them to be seeded in the event of the main tournament, thereby raising their rankings."

Head of Development Headquarters Baba said, "Starting this year, if we don't narrow it down to a few pairs and raise their rankings within a year, even if they become the national team, our chances of winning a medal will be low. The selection criteria for singles is 1st and 2nd place in the world rankings for both men and women, so I imagine the coaches will basically select pairs from among the players with the highest rankings, acquire seeding rights for the Olympics, and be strategic to avoid facing strong pairs early on."

The events to be held at the Los Angeles Olympics and the number of players to participate are 2 spots each for men's and women's singles, 1 pair each for men's and women's doubles, up to 2 pairs for mixed doubles, and 3 men and 3 men for the new mixed team. 6 events will be held, with up to 3 men and women representing each.)


2025/10/23
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...hat-much-to-begin-with-1169.35128/post-546960
Yup, they will choose the doubles pairs from the 5 selected members, so if Sato and Hayata don't make it...

It should be obvious now why Hayata has been so desperate, pairing up with Ito again. Ito has also learned from her mistake of ditching doubles in the last Olympic cycle.

2025/12/14
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/thread-about-japanese-players.38013/post-555503
It's in JTTA's best interest after WTT SCT London/Muscat 2025, XTWC 2025 and WTT F Hong Kong 2025. Doubles will be the main battlefield even though WR will be the major selection criterion.

Of the 3,
Hirano could remain somewhat competitive if she gives it another push given her sturdy body type (here and here) and to my surprise she will play WD with Kihara at Zennihon Takkyu 2026http://;
Hayata's injury- and disease-prone body type is just unsettling, and 3 years down the road?;
Ito's solo personality and the limit of her playing style and stubby body type are frankly out of tune with XT.
 
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Jan 2018
13,783
13,300
30,462
Been waiting for JTTA's comments on the new selection criteria for ATTC 2027 and Asian Olympic Qualification for MD/WD/XD/XT of LA28, and WTTC 2028 where the winner of Zennihon Takkyu 2028 will not get a direct entry for WTTC 2028 for the first time in recent memories, other than WTTC 2024.

2028年世界卓球選手権福岡大会(団体戦)男女日本代表選手選考基準
https://jtta.s3.ap-northeast-1.amaz...026/09/14190753/2028wttc_selection_260912.pdf

第30回ITTF-ATTUアジア卓球選手権大会2027兼 2028年ロサンゼルスオリンピックダブルス種目アジア大陸予選会(以下、アジア選手権)および 2028年ロサンゼルスオリンピック混合団体アジア大陸予選会男女日本代表選手選考基準
https://jtta.s3.ap-northeast-1.amaz...casiaD_2028olympicasiaXT_selection_260912.pdf

Selection criteria for LA28 released today.

MS/WS - 2 players each, first WR published in 1/2028 (1/3, tentatively)
MD/WD - 1 pair each, selected by Development HQ from among the XT players
XD - 1 or 2 pairs, selected by Development HQ from among the XT players
XT - 3 players each, MS/WS players plus 3rd players to be announced within a week after the end of Zennihon Takkyu 2028

第34回オリンピック競技大会(2028/アメリカ・ロサンゼルス)選考基準を発表
https://jtta.or.jp/news/36736
第 34 回オリンピック競技大会(2028/アメリカ・ロサンゼルス)卓球競技
日本代表候補選手選考基準
https://jtta.s3.ap-northeast-1.amaz...8152828/2028olympic_la_selection_20260608.pdf
 
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Jan 2018
13,783
13,300
30,462
Doesn't look good when Hayata keeps going back and forth on her physical conditions and now complains about playing too many games, as if she didn't think about the potential strain with signing up for 2 events.

早田ひな 長﨑美柚を下して初戦突破「パフォーマンスは70%ぐらい」張本美和とのダブルスでは成長求める【卓球 チャイナスマッシュ】 (Hayata Hina wins opening match against Miyu Nagasaki: "Performance was around 70%"; seeks growth in doubles with Harimoto Miwa [Table Tennis: China Smash])
https://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/tabletennis/news/2026/10/042496.html
直前までアジア競技大会を戦っていたため、十分な回復や練習時間を確保できなかったという。それでも「しっかり、この環境とか台とかに、試合の中で対応していけてた」と手応えを口にした。

また、コンディションについては「体の状態はその前のマカオよりも全然いい」と説明。マカオ大会後にウエートトレーニングなどを行ったことで状態が戻り、「本大会は割と元気に過ごせてると思います」と語った。

今大会では張本美和との女子ダブルスにも出場する。

アジア競技大会ではタイトルに届かなかった"みわひな"だが、早田は「今大会の目標は、結果よりも、アジア競技大会でうまくいかなかったことを少しでも成長させる」ことだと明かした。

「もちろん、勝つことが大事だと思いますけど、勝つことと、自分が成長しているっていう実感を得ることが大事」

シングルスで白星スタートを切った早田。張本との女子ダブルスでも、結果とともに確かな進化を求める。
(She reportedly lacked sufficient time for recovery and practice, having competed in the Asian Games right up until the last moment. Nevertheless, she expressed confidence, noting, "I was able to properly adapt to the environment and the tables during the match."

Regarding her physical condition, she explained, "My body is in much better shape than it was in Macau." She regained her form through activities like weight training following the Macau tournament, adding, "I feel like I'm doing quite well physically for this event."

She is also competing in the women's doubles alongside Miwa Harimoto at this tournament.

Although the "Miwa-Hina" pair fell short of the title at the Asian Games, Hayata revealed that her goal for this event is not merely the result, but rather to show some growth in the areas where they struggled previously.

"Of course, winning is important, but it is equally important to win while also feeling that I am growing."

Having kicked off her singles campaign with a victory, Hayata is now looking to demonstrate tangible progress alongside Harimoto in the women's doubles, aiming for positive results as well.)

「卓球人生の中でも大事な試合だった」早田ひな、アジア大会中国代表との激戦制して16強入り<卓球・チャイナスマッシュ2026> ("It was a crucial match in my table tennis career"—Hayata Hina advances to the Round of 16 after a fierce battle against a Chinese Asian Games representative <Table Tennis: China Smash 2026>)
https://rallys.online/topic/international/261006chinasmashhayatahina/
── 苦しい試合だったかと思いますが、振り返っていかがですか?

本当に苦しかったなと思いますし、(ゲームカウント)0-2になりかけてたので、「今日は本当に難しいかな」というところも試合中にも感じました。

でも(ゲームカウント)0-2になりそうな時に、「ここから0-2になった時に、1-2や2-2に持っていくためにどうしよう」ということを考えながら試合をしていたので、そこからはそれがうまく戦術としてハマって1-1に持っていくことができました。

試合が続いているので、范姝涵選手はラリーが多くなる選手なんですけど、そのラリー時の体力的な部分できつかったりとか、基本的にどのショットも我慢しながら打ち続けなきゃいけないところに、自分の中で結構な労力を使いました。

なかなかこういう試合はないですけど、でもこういった試合を乗り越える、勝ち切ることは、すごく大きい大会になればなるほど大事だと思うので、今日は自分の卓球人生の中でも大事な試合だったかなと思います。

── 相手がフォアで攻める展開が第4ゲームまで多くて、逆に第5ゲームになるとバック対バックの展開で点を取れていた印象でしたが、いかがですか?

そうですね。范姝涵選手は中陣からでも打てますし、バックハンドもゆっくりのボールや速いボール、色々な球種のボールを持っているので、自分が調整するのが難しかった中でも、最後まで自分が落ち着いて「これで対応する」と決めて、そこからのプレーは第5ゲームずっと良かったなと思います。

第4ゲームまでは結構迷いがあったり、ちょっと自信をなくしちゃったりもしたんですけど、最後はそうやって自分で覚悟を決めてラケットを振り切る、そして我慢し続けるというバランスと割り切りが良かったなと思います。

── 試合中にボールが詰まったり、ラケットの角に当たったりした場面がありましたが、かなり伸びてくるようなボールだったのでしょうか?

他の中国人選手に比べるとボールの変化が結構ある選手で、まだ対戦は2回目なんですけど、なかなか掴みきれてない感じはあります。他の選手にはない難しさがあるんですけど、その中でもやっぱり負けないことは、すごく大事な部分だと思います。

逆に言うと、もっとしっかりボールを見て判断して、一番いい選択をしていく。そこが、よりトップを突き詰めていくところでは大事な部分になると思うので、まだまだ今日の試合を含めて課題はたくさんありますけど、まずはこの試合を乗り切れたところは自分が成長している部分かなと思います。

── 次の3回戦の相手は申裕斌選手ですが、意気込みをお願いします。

直近で2回ほど対戦していて、自分が負け越している選手と対戦する時は何か変えるように、申裕斌選手も何か変えてくるかなとは思います。

でも、それを予測しすぎて準備しすぎると、かえって私は体が止まっちゃうタイプなので、その時の自分で対応することがすごく大事だと思います。そして、そうできるように、一つ一つの技術の精度を上げることが大事だと思うので、しっかり今日悪かった部分を調整して、あとは元気よくプレーできたらいいなと思います。
(── That seemed like a grueling match. Looking back on it, what are your thoughts?

It was truly tough. At one point, I was on the verge of falling behind 0-2 in games, and during the match, I actually felt like, "This might be a really difficult day."

However, even when I was close to going down 0-2, I was thinking, "If I do fall behind 0-2, what can I do to claw my way back to 1-2 or 2-2?" From that point on, the tactics I chose clicked well, and I managed to level the score at 1-1.

Fan Shuhan is the type of player who engages in long rallies. Physically, those rallies were demanding, and I had to expend a lot of energy just to stay patient and keep hitting every shot back.

You don't often encounter matches like this, but I believe that overcoming and winning such matches becomes increasingly important as the tournament gets bigger. So, I think today’s match was a significant one in my table tennis career.

── Up until the fourth game, there were many exchanges where your opponent attacked with her forehand, but in the fifth game, it seemed like you were scoring points through backhand-to-backhand rallies. What is your take on that?

That’s right. Fan Shuhan can attack from mid-distance, and she has a variety of backhand shots—mixing in slow and fast balls. Even though it was difficult for me to adjust, I stayed calm until the end and committed to a specific strategy to handle it. I think my play from that point through the entire fifth game was excellent.

Up to the fourth game, I had some doubts and even lost a bit of confidence. But in the end, I made a firm decision to swing through the ball and maintain my patience; that balance and ability to commit to a mindset really worked well for me.

── There were moments during the match where the ball jammed you or hit the edge of your racket. Was the ball coming at you with a lot of kick or speed?

Compared to other Chinese players, her shots have a lot of movement; I’ve only faced her twice so far, and I feel like I haven't quite fully figured her game out yet. She presents challenges that other players don't, but I think the ability to avoid defeat—even in those tough situations—is crucial.

Conversely, it comes down to watching the ball closely, making the right judgments, and choosing the best options. I believe that’s the key to reaching the very top level. While I still have plenty to work on—including aspects of today’s match—I think the fact that I managed to pull through this game shows I’m growing.

── Your opponent for the next round is Shin Yubin. What is your mindset heading into that match?

We’ve played each other twice recently, and I have a losing record against her. Just as I tend to change things up when facing someone I’ve lost to before, I imagine she might alter her tactics as well.

However, if I overthink or over-prepare for those possibilities, I tend to freeze up physically. So, I think it’s vital to respond in the moment based on how I’m feeling then. To do that, I need to sharpen the precision of my individual techniques; I plan to make the necessary adjustments regarding the areas where I struggled today and then just play with energy and spirit.)

早田ひな「過去一番のパフォーマンスだった」シングルス敗退もダブルスで優勝誓う<卓球・チャイナスマッシュ2026> (Hina Hayata: "It was my best performance ever"—Vows to win doubles title despite singles exit <Table Tennis: China Smash 2026>)
https://rallys.online/topic/international/261008chinasmashharimotohayata/
── ダブルスの試合から振り返りいただけますか?

簡彤娟選手も李昱諄選手もすごくラリーが上手くて、台上の技術もしっかりしていたので、相手に打たされてしまってから自分たちの展開が悪くなってしまったり、自分たちのやっていることは悪くないしやりにくくもないけど、点数にはつながっていないような展開が多かったです。

そういった苦しい試合だったので、ラリーで何回も粘らなきゃいけないタイミングもありましたし、だからこそ少しずつサービスやレシーブ、コースでで変化をつけていきました。

あとは、午前中にシングルスもあって、2時間の間で10ゲームしてるみたいな感覚だったので、私の体力的にも限界が来ていました。最後も本当に張本選手のおかげで勝てたかなと思うんですけど、張本選手に任せるとしても、絶対に自分は対戦相手やパートナーよりも先にミスをしてはいけないと思っていました。

こういった大きい大会だと、シングルスで負けてもダブルスが残っていて、(気持ちや体力面で)難しい中で試合しなければいけないときもあると思います。そういったことを想定しながら今日は耐え切れた試合だったので、もちろん課題もありましたけど、良かったなと思います。

── 取られたゲームは第2、第4ゲーム目でしたが、そのローテーションのときにやりづらい感覚はありましたか?

相手選手2人はボールの質やスピード感に差があるタイプだったので、そこになかなか慣れることができなくて。自分たちが迷ってミスしちゃったり、入れたらいいボールを無理に攻めにいってしまったり、そういった難しさはありました。

その中でも、最後の第5ゲームではチェンジコートをしたときに相手が変わって、そこから自分たちが送るボールのコースが良かったなと思います。あとは、6-6からの張本選手の3球目攻撃2本が本当に素晴らしい完璧なボールだったので、そこでも上回れたと思います。

── シングルスの試合を振り返ってみていかがでしたか?

私自身も、めちゃくちゃ悪いわけではなかったんですけど、それ以上に申裕斌選手が過去一番のパフォーマンスだったかなと思います。

相手が一番のパフォーマンスを出してきたときに、自分の戦術や変化が遅れてしまったと感じたので、最後はもっとフラットに考えられたら良かったんなと。でも、色々な情報がいつもと違ったり、相手のパフォーマンスが良いからこそ自分が迷ってしまったり、そういったところで考えすぎたところはありました。

これから先、こうやって勢いがあったり、この大会を通してすごく強い相手が出てきたりしたときのことを考えれば、すごく良い経験だったなと思います。

もちろん今日は負けてしまったんですけど、次にこういった相手と試合をしたときに自分らしくいるために、今回は良い勉強になりました。負けたからといって自信を失うわけでもないですし、負けたなかでもひらめきがあったりしたので、この舞台で申裕斌選手と試合できて良かったなと思います。

── 特に申裕斌選手のフォアハンドがかなり入ってたかなという印象でしたが?

もちろんフォアも入っいたと思いますし、バックもそうですし、ボールの質一つ一つに変化があったり、本当にいつも自分が対戦している申裕斌選手とは違うなと感じていました。

昨年のチャイナスマッシュで彼女は蒯曼選手に勝っていたので、試合前にはそういった部分も理由があるのかなと思っていたんですけど、試合をしてみて勝つ理由がすごくわかるなと思って。

彼女の特徴でもあるリーチの長さで、今日は何回ラリーになってもしのがれて、全体的に一つ一つちょっとずつ、私よりも申裕斌選手が上回っていたなと思います。

でも逆に言えば、卓球は技術や勢いで上回られても、戦術やちょっとした流れで試合展開が変わっていく面白いスポーツです。今日は負けてしまいましたし、自分が試合の中でできるパフォーマンスは最大限に発揮しましたけど、試合が終わって冷静になってみると、「これもやればよかったな」と感じることもありました。

そういった意味で、まだ自分のことが見えてないなとも思ったので、そこはもう本当に経験かなと。次に同じような失敗をしなければいいと思うので、すごくいい一日だったなと思います。

── 女子ダブルス準決勝へ向けて一言お願いします。

今日のダブルスに関して言えば、中国人選手以外のペアでは唯一難しかったし、苦しかったです。

もちろん、私がシングルスに負けてからの試合だったので、気持ち的にも体的にも難しいところあったと思います。でも、世界選手権やオリンピックで同じような状況でダブルスを頑張らなきゃいけない場面になったことを考えると、今日の経験はすごく良かったと思います。

今日は一日またゆっくりして、明日以降はダブルスで優勝を目指して頑張りたいなと思っています。疲れも結構溜まってきていますけど、あと何日間か頑張りたいです。
(── Could you look back on the doubles match?

Both Chien Tung-Chuan and Li Yu-Jhun are excellent at rallies and have solid skills over the table. We often found ourselves forced into bad positions after being made to play the opponent's game; there were many moments where, even though our tactics weren't bad and the match didn't feel awkward to play, it just wasn't translating into points.

It was a tough match, and there were times we had to be tenacious in the rallies. That’s why I tried to mix things up little by little with my serves, returns, and shot placement.

Also, I had played a singles match earlier that morning—it felt like playing ten games within a two-hour span—so I was reaching my physical limit. I really think we won in the end thanks to Harimoto-san, but even while relying on her, I was determined not to be the first to make a mistake—whether compared to our opponents or my own partner.

In major tournaments like this, there are times when you have to play doubles even after losing in singles, which can be difficult mentally and physically. I managed to hang in there today while keeping that in mind; of course, there are areas to improve, but overall, I’m happy with how it went.


── You dropped the second and fourth games; did you feel uncomfortable during those rotations?

The two opponents had different ball qualities and speeds, and I struggled to adjust to that. We faced challenges like hesitating and making errors, or forcing an attack on a ball that would have been better just played safely onto the table.

That said, in the final fifth game, the opponents switched positions after the court change, and I think the placement of the balls we sent over after that was really good. Also, Harimoto-san executed two perfect "third-ball attacks" when the score was 6-6; those shots were truly outstanding, and I think that gave us the edge.

── How do you look back on your singles match? It’s not that I played terribly myself, but I think Shin Yubin simply delivered the best performance of her career so far.

I felt that my tactical adjustments and changes were too slow to respond to her peak performance; in hindsight, I wish I had been able to approach the situation with a clearer, more straightforward mindset. However, the conditions were different from usual, and her high level of play caused me some hesitation—I definitely overthought things in those moments.

Looking ahead, I see this as a valuable experience—especially considering I’ll likely face opponents with that kind of momentum or strength in future tournaments.

Of course, I lost today, but it was a great learning opportunity for how to stay true to my own game when facing an opponent like her next time. Losing doesn't mean I’ve lost my confidence; I had some moments of insight even in defeat, so I’m glad I got to play against Shin Yubin on this stage.

── I got the impression that her forehand was landing particularly well today?

Her forehand was definitely landing, and her backhand was too; there were variations in the quality of every single ball. I really felt she was playing differently from the Shin Yu-bin I usually face.

She had beaten Kuai Man at last year's China Smash, so I had wondered if there was a specific reason for that before the match—and after playing her, I could clearly see why she wins.

She utilized her signature long reach to fend off my attacks during rallies time and again; overall, she just had the edge over me in every aspect of the game.

That said, table tennis is a fascinating sport where the match dynamic can shift due to tactics or momentum, even if your opponent has the upper hand in technique or energy. I gave it my all today, but looking back calmly now that it's over, I do feel there were other things I could have tried.

In that sense, I realized there are still aspects of my own game I haven't fully grasped yet—so I suppose it really comes down to gaining more experience. I feel it was a really good day, as I’ve learned how to avoid making similar mistakes in the future.

── Please share a few words ahead of the women's doubles semifinals.

As for today's doubles match, it was a tough, grueling contest—the only one we’ve played so far against a non-Chinese pair that really challenged us.

Of course, since the match took place after my loss in the singles event, it was difficult both mentally and physically. However, considering that I might face similar situations at the World Championships or the Olympics—where I’ll have to push hard in doubles despite a singles loss—I think today’s experience was incredibly valuable.

I plan to take it easy for the rest of the day and then give it my all to win the doubles title starting tomorrow. I’m certainly feeling the fatigue building up, but I want to keep pushing for these next few days.)
 
Last edited:
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Jan 2018
13,783
13,300
30,462
Finally, Nagasaki talks about the necessity of playing uncomfortable shots that LGL said about ML back in 2011.

長﨑美柚、ダブルス8強敗退で大会終幕「アジア選手権では結果を求めて」<卓球・チャイナスマッシュ2026>
https://rallys.online/topic/international/261008chinasmashnagasakikim/
── 今の試合はいかがでしたか?

昨日の試合と同じで、片方の展開ではすごく良いいけど、もう片方の展開が悪いという感じでした。

国際ペアなので、細かいコミュニケーションがすごく難しくて。今日の試合でもやることは正直わかってはいたんですけど、上手く伝えらなくて。もし伝えられていたら展開は違ったかなと思います。少しやり方を変えたら勝つチャンスがすごく大きかった試合だと思うので、その分ではすごく悔しいです。

── 取ったゲームは第2、第4ゲームでしたが、そのローテーション時にはやりやすいかった感覚ですか?

そうですね。それぞれの卓球スタイルも違いますし、私の感覚的にはボールによって工夫するつもりだったんですけど、金娜英選手は失点したらすぐ変えようか迷っていた部分があると感じました。

そこをうまくコントロールできなかったのも、自分の力不足だったのかなと思います。

── コミュニケーションが一番難しかったとのことですが、長﨑選手としてはどんな修正をすればチャンスがあると思っていましたか?

相手は初めてのペアリングで、片方はジュニア選手、片方はトップ10入りの選手ということで、できることとできないことの幅がすごく大きかったんです。なので、そのできない部分を狙った展開をもっと作れれば、ずっと有利な形になっていたんですけど、(私も金娜英選手も)どうしても自分たちがやりやすいボールをやってしまったなと。

結局そのボールというのは相手もやりやすいボールだったりするので、自分たちがやりにくくても、相手が苦手だと感じたら自信を持ってそれをやる。そこをやりきる部分が、私たち2人には足りなかったと思います。

第5ゲームの前半で、「この5本だけは頑張ろう」と金娜英選手に言って、そこはなんとかできたんですけど、それを第2ゲームだったり、第3ゲームのもう少し早めの展開から気付いて、できていたらなと思います。自分がそれをうまく伝えるのもそうですし、もう少し早く気づけたらなとは思いますね。

── 第5ゲームでは先に5点を取って、チェンジコートで有利なローテーションになったと思いますが、その後逆転を許してしまったのは、相手の苦手な点を突けなかったからでしょうか?

第5ゲームになると、ゲーム中に受けるボールが変わるので、私の感覚的には、チェンジコートをしたあとにもう一回スイッチを変えなきゃいけないんです。でも、今日はそれが少し混ざりながらのプレーになってしまいました。

切り替えがもう少し上手くできていれば、「じゃあこのゲームの時はこういうパターン」「このゲームではこういうパターン」と、はっきりさせられたと思います。

全部タラレバになってしまうんですけど、今日に関しては「あのときこうだったらな」と、後悔がたくさん残る試合だったかなと思います。

── 長﨑選手のチャイナスマッシュは今日で終了ですが、シングルス・ダブルス含めて今回の手応えはいかがですか?

正直、シングルスではどういう試合をしたか覚えていなくて。初日ということもあったんですけど、内容的な部分でも「ここは良かった、ここはダメだった」という部分がない試合だったので、これという手応えはまったく掴めていないです。

逆にダブルスでは、以前は自分が試合の中に入り込むタイプだったんですけど、色々な選手とペアを組ませてもらうようになって、最近は試合を俯瞰で見れるようになってきたのかなと。

「相手がここを待っているから、変えた方がいいな」という発想も以前より出るようになってきたかなと思いますし、パートナーや対戦相手によって調整する能力も、少しずつ付いてきたのかなと思っています。

── 今月末にはアジア選手権がありますが、今後に向けて一言お願いします。

アジア選手権は来年の世界選手権の代表枠がかかっています。自分としても選考会優勝で掴んだアジア選手権なので、世界選手権に出場できるように、シングルス、ダブルスともに絶対に勝つ気持ちで、結果を求めて頑張りたいと思います。
(── How did you feel about the match?

Just like yesterday's match, it felt like the game flow was great in one scenario but poor in the other.

Since we are an international pair, fine-tuned communication was extremely difficult. Honestly, I knew what needed to be done during today's match, but I couldn't convey it effectively. I think the outcome might have been different if I had managed to communicate that. I feel we had a strong chance of winning if we had just tweaked our approach slightly, so that makes it all the more frustrating.

── You won the second and fourth games; did those rotations feel more comfortable for you?

Yes. We have different table tennis styles, and while I intended to adjust my play based on the specific ball coming at me, I sensed that Kim Nayeong was wavering—unsure whether to change tactics immediately after losing a point.

I think my inability to manage that situation effectively was a shortcoming on my part.

── You mentioned that communication was the biggest challenge; what adjustments did you think would have given you a chance?

It was their first time pairing up—one was a junior player and the other a top-10 ranked player—so there was a wide gap between what they could and couldn't do. If we had created more rallies targeting their weak points, we would have held a significant advantage. Instead, both Kim Nayeong and I ended up playing the kind of balls that were comfortable for us.

Ultimately, the balls that are comfortable for us are often comfortable for the opponent, too. We needed the confidence to play the shots the opponent dislikes, even if they felt uncomfortable for us. I think both of us lacked the resolve to fully commit to that strategy.

Early in the fifth game, I told Kim Nayeong, "Let's just give it our all for these next five points," and we managed to do that. However, I wish we had realized that and executed it earlier—perhaps during the second game or earlier in the third. It comes down to me communicating better and realizing those things sooner.

── In the fifth game, you took an early 5-point lead and switched ends with what seemed like a favorable rotation, but you ended up letting your opponent turn the match around. Was that because you couldn't exploit their weaknesses effectively?

When the fifth game starts, the nature of the balls coming at me changes; for me, that means I have to shift my mindset again after switching ends. Today, however, my play became a bit muddled in that regard.

If I had managed that mental switch better, I think I could have clearly defined my tactics—saying to myself, "Okay, for this game I'll use this pattern," or "For that game, I'll use that pattern."

It’s all a matter of "what ifs," but looking back at today, I’m left with a lot of regrets—thinking, "If only I had done this or that at that moment."

── Your run at the China Smash ends today. How do you feel about your performance across both singles and doubles?

Honestly, I don't even remember the details of my singles match. It was the first day of the tournament, and in terms of the actual gameplay, there weren't any specific moments where I thought, "That was good" or "That was bad." So, I haven't really been able to get a clear sense of where I stand.

In doubles, on the other hand—I used to be the type of player who would get completely immersed in the match itself, but having had the chance to partner with various players, I feel like I’ve recently started to view the match from a broader perspective.

I find myself thinking, "They're anticipating the ball here, so I should change things up," more often than before, and I feel I’m gradually developing the ability to adjust my game depending on who my partner or opponent is.

── The Asian Championships are coming up at the end of this month. Could you share a few words about your outlook?

Qualification spots for next year's World Championships are on the line at the Asian Championships. Since I earned my place there by winning the selection trial, I’m determined to get results—in both singles and doubles—with a mindset of winning at all costs so I can qualify for the World Championships.)
 
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Jan 2018
13,783
13,300
30,462
橋本帆乃香、世界ランク1位撃破のオラワン下して準々決勝進出「ひたすら練習して、対策を練ってきた」<卓球・チャイナスマッシュ2026> (Hashimoto Honoka advances to the quarterfinals after defeating Orawan—who had previously taken down the world No. 1—saying, "I practiced relentlessly and devised a strategy." <Table Tennis: China Smash 2026>)
https://rallys.online/topic/international/261008chinasmashhashimoto/
── 今の試合を振り返ってみていかがでしたか?

昨日の試合でオラワン選手が孫穎莎選手を破って上がってきて、(孫穎莎選手が)体調が悪いというニュースは聞いていたんですけど、その中でも勝ち切るのはなかなかできることではないので、本当に精神力や自分でやりきる力を持っている選手だと思ったので、自分の気持ちをしっかり引き締めて今日の試合は入りました。

最後のゲームは自分の凡ミスが続いてしまって怪しい流れにはなったんですけど、しっかり(ゲームカウント)3-0で勝ちきることができて本当に良かったです。

── 警戒されていたオラワン選手のミートやスマッシュは、いかがでしたか?

スマッシュ、ミート打ちをしてくるのは頭にはあったので、そこをとにかくひたすら練習して、対策を練ってから試合に入りました。実際、スマッシュを打たれても割と拾うことができていたと思うので、その部分でもオラワン選手からすれば苦しくなったんじゃないかなとは思います。

要所で自分の攻撃もしっかり決まって、自分のやるべきことはしっかりできていたんじゃないかなと思います。

── 第1ゲームではカットやツッツキが何球かネットにかかっていましたが、あれは卓球台の影響でしょうか?

ボールが止まりやすい台なのは確かなんですけど、第1ゲームでは自分がやろうとしてることを相手がさせないようにしてきているのを分かったうえで、それでも自分が色々やろうとしてしまって。体勢が悪い状態でカットやツッツキをやってしまったのが、ミスの原因だったと思います。

── 今大会では、インフィニティアリーナでの試合は初だったと思いますが、環境としてはどうでしたか?

2、3、4コートと台の感覚はあまり変わらないんですけど、やっぱり会場が広い分、自分がいつもより台から下がってしまったり、照明がちょっと違ったり、あとはお客さんがすごく入っていたので、ちょっと緊張してしまったりした部分はありました。

── 準々決勝に向けて意気込みをお願いします。

次の相手も大藤選手か陳幸同選手で、どちらも本当に自分より格上ですし、強い選手なので、もう自分は自分のやるべきことを試合でやるだけだなと。どちらが勝ち上がって来ても、挑戦する気持ちを忘れずに試合に臨みたいと思います。
(── How do you look back on the match you just played?

Orawan advanced to this round after defeating Sun Yingsha yesterday. I had heard that Sun was unwell, but managing to pull off a win like that is no small feat; it showed me that Orawan possesses real mental toughness and the ability to see a match through to the end. So, I made sure to steel myself and stay fully focused as I went into today's match.

In the final game, I made a string of unforced errors and the momentum started to shift in a worrying way, but I’m really glad I was able to close it out and win 3-0.

── How did you handle Orawan’s "meet" [TL's note: flat hits] shots and smashes—shots you had been wary of?

I knew she would use smashes and flat hits, so I practiced specifically for that and devised a strategy before the match. In the actual game, I think I was able to return her smashes quite well, which likely made things difficult for her.

I was also able to successfully execute my own attacks at crucial moments, so I feel I did exactly what I needed to do.

── In the first game, a few of your chops and pushes hit the net; was that due to the characteristics of the table?

It’s certainly a table where the ball tends to stop or lose speed, but in the first game, I tried to do too much even though I realized she was actively preventing me from playing the way I wanted. I think the errors happened because I attempted chops and pushes while I was off-balance.

── I believe this was your first match of the tournament in the Infinity Arena; how did you find the environment?

The feel of the table isn't much different from Courts 2, 3, or 4, but because the venue is so large, I found myself drifting further back from the table than usual. The lighting was a bit different, too, and with such a large crowd present, I did feel a bit nervous.

── Please share your thoughts heading into the quarterfinals. My next opponent will be either Odo or Chen Xingtong; both are truly superior to me and are formidable players, so I simply need to focus on executing my own game plan. Regardless of who advances to face me, I intend to approach the match with a challenger's mindset.)
 
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Jan 2018
13,783
13,300
30,462
佐藤瞳、世界ランク8位のアンチ使いに完勝で8強入り 次戦の中国カットマンも警戒「カットの守備力が高い」<卓球・チャイナスマッシュ2026> (Sato Hitomi advances to the quarterfinals after a decisive victory over the world No. 8 "anti-spin" player; she remains wary of her next opponent—a Chinese chopper—noting their "strong defensive chopping skills." <Table Tennis: China Smash 2026>)
https://rallys.online/topic/international/261008chinasmashsato/
── 今の試合振り返ってみていかがでしたか?

やはり想像していた通り素晴らしいパワーで、「やっぱりこういうボールか」という感じではあったんですけど、工夫次第でミスを誘えたり、良いところで自分がしのぎ切ることができたりして、そこがかなりうまくハマりました。最後は相手が困っていたような状態だったので、正直あんなに完璧な試合になるとは思っていなかったです。

第1ゲームでリードしていて、だんだんウィンター選手が慣れてきて、デュースに追いつかれたんですけど、そこを取り切れたのが何より良かったかなと思います。

── 警戒していたアンチラバーには、問題なく対応できたという感触でしょうか?

そうですね。あまりそこで直接ミスすることはなくて、逆にアンチを使わせて、自分がそのボールに変化をつけていくことができたので、かえって自分にとっては良かったかなと。

── 試合終後に、観客席のお客さんが日本ペイントマレッツ(※)のグッズを見せていましたね。

※Tリーグでの佐藤の所属チーム

はい(笑)。おそらく中国の方だったと思うんですけど、マレッツでの今年の宣材写真を印刷して持ってきてくれていました。中国でも応援してもらえているのは嬉しいですね。

── 準々決勝の相手はカットマンの朱思冰選手ですが、相手の印象はいかがですか?

すごく多彩な技術を持っている選手だと思っています。バック面も表ソフトですし、攻撃もフォアで打ったりバックドライブを打ったり、いろいろなことをして点を取っているイメージがあります。

ただ、以前までは変化系のスタイルでミスも少し多いイメージがあったんですけど、今回の試合と、直近のWTTスターコンテンダーアスタナの試合を観ていて、粘るプレーというか、カットで拾う守備力が安定してきているなと思ったので、そこも頭に入れながら試合していきたいですね。

── 佐藤選手としてはカットマン対決にはどういう感触を持っていますか?

めちゃくちゃ苦手意識もないし、めちゃくちゃ得意というわけでもないんですけど、他のカットマンよりはカットマンとの対戦経験がある方だと思います。Tリーグでも小塩選手と対戦したばかりですし、その経験も活かしながら試合に臨みたいなと思います。
(── How do you look back on the match you just played?

As expected, she had tremendous power—it was exactly the kind of ball I anticipated. However, by using some tactical ingenuity, I was able to force errors and successfully hold my ground at crucial moments; things really clicked for me there. By the end, she seemed to be struggling for answers, so honestly, I hadn't expected the match to go quite so perfectly.

I had a lead in the first game, but Winter started to settle in and managed to tie it up at deuce. Being able to close out that game was the most important thing, I think.

── Did you feel you handled the "anti-spin" rubber—which you were wary of—without any issues?

Yes. I didn't really make any direct errors against it. In fact, I was able to make her use the anti-spin rubber and then vary the spin on the return myself, so it actually worked out well for me.

── After the match, I noticed a spectator showing off merchandise from Nippon Paint Mallets (*).

(*) Sato's team in the T.League

Yes (laughs). I believe the person was from China. They had printed out and brought along a promotional photo of me from Mallets this season. It makes me happy to know I have supporters in China, too.

── Your quarterfinal opponent is the chopper Zhu Sibing; what is your impression of her?

I see her as a player with a very diverse range of skills. She uses short pips on her backhand, and I get the impression she scores points in various ways—attacking with her forehand or hitting backhand drives.

That said, I used to associate her style with making quite a few errors. However, after watching this match and her recent performance at the WTT Star Contender Astana, I noticed her defensive stability—her ability to retrieve balls with her chopping—has improved. I want to keep that in mind when I play her.

── How do you feel about facing another chopper?

I don't have a strong aversion to it, nor is it necessarily my greatest strength, but I think I have more experience playing against other choppers than most players do. I just faced player Ojio in the T.League as well, so I want to approach this match by putting that experience to good use.)
 
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Jan 2018
13,783
13,300
30,462
大藤沙月、世界ランク7位・陳幸同に敗れるも「手応えはあった」<卓球・チャイナスマッシュ2026> (Odo Satsuki Loses to World No. 7 Chen Xingtong but "Felt Positive" <Table Tennis: China Smash 2026>)
https://rallys.online/topic/international/261008chinasmashodo/
── 今の試合を振り返ってみていかがでしたか?

最初から最後まですごく苦しくて、なかなか打開策が見つからない状況で。すごく苦しい試合でした。

── 第1ゲームもかなりリードされているところから追い上げる場面があったと思いますが、苦しい中でも何とか探りながら試合をしていたというような感じでしたか?

そうですね。最初に立てていた戦術が、なかなか自分のミスが多くてできなくて。それでも第3ゲームの最後あたりは、予定していた戦術を少しずつ出せてきて、いい形で進められていたので、それが第1ゲームからできていたら違ったのかなと思います。

── 当初はどういう戦術や作戦で臨もうと考えていたのでしょうか?

これまでの対戦から、相手は速いボールが得意で、自分の強打も打たせてきている印象がありました。なので、今日はそこを逆に相手に打たせようという気持ちで入ったんですけど、自分の技術の精度だったり、まだ展開を自分のものにできていなかったので、また練習して自分のものにできたら良いかなと思います。

── 前回の横浜での対戦と比べて、手応え的にはいかがでしたか?

自分の感覚としては、前回のほうがノーチャンスだったなと。「点数を取れても、勝ちにつなげられないな」という感覚だったんですけど、今回は「この展開が一つあればいけそう」という手応えはあったので、そこを実行できる技術をもっと磨いていきたいなと思います。

本当に細かい部分までやらないと勝てない相手ですし、トップにいけばいくほどそういう相手ばかりになるので。試合前に少しずつ変えていきつつ、その変化に自分自身が対応できる技術や実力を、まずつけたいなと思います。

── 次はアジア選手権が控えていますが、今後に向けてはいかがですか?

しっかり負けたことを次に活かせば失敗にはならないと思うので、1試合ずつ何が良かったか、ダメだったかを自分で考えて、コーチとも話し合って、良い状態で次の試合を迎えられれば良いかなと思います。
(── How do you look back on the match you just played?

It was an incredibly tough match from start to finish; I struggled to find a way to break through the situation.

── In the first game, you managed to stage a comeback after falling significantly behind. Did it feel like you were trying to feel your way through the match even while things were difficult?

Yes. I couldn't execute the tactics I had planned initially because I was making too many unforced errors. However, towards the end of the third game, I was able to gradually implement those planned tactics and play the way I wanted. I think the outcome might have been different if I had been able to do that from the very first game.

── What kind of tactics or strategy did you intend to use going into the match?

Based on our previous encounters, I had the impression that my opponent excels at handling fast shots and actually baits me into using my own powerful attacks. So, I went into today's match intending to turn the tables and make her hit those kinds of shots instead. However, I lacked the necessary technical precision and couldn't quite control the flow of the rallies to my advantage. I hope to work on this in practice and make it a strength of mine.

── How did this match feel compared to your previous encounter in Yokohama?

Personally, I felt like I had absolutely no chance last time. It felt like, "Even if I score points, I can't turn them into a win." This time, however, I felt like, "If I can just get this one type of rally going, I have a shot." So, I want to hone the skills needed to execute that strategy effectively.

This is the kind of opponent you can't beat unless you get every little detail right, and the higher up you go, the more you face opponents like that. I want to build the technical skill and ability to adapt to changes—like the adjustments I make before a match—so I can handle those situations effectively.

── The Asian Championships are coming up next; what are your thoughts on the future?

I don't think a loss is a failure if you can learn from it and apply those lessons next time. I want to analyze what went well and what didn't in each match, discuss it with my coach, and ensure I'm in good form for the next one.)
 
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Jan 2018
13,783
13,300
30,462
On-the-fly coaching is still the biggest problem for JNT players.

2ゲーム先取も逆転負け「チャンスがなかったわけではなかった」橋本帆乃香、世界ランク7位の中国選手に敗れ準々決勝敗退<卓球・チャイナスマッシュ2026> (Hashimoto Honoka lost in quarterfinals to world No. 7 Chinese player after squandering a 2-game lead: "It wasn't as if I didn't have chances" <Table Tennis: China Smash 2026>)
https://rallys.online/topic/international/261009chinasmashhashimotohonoka/
── 今の試合を振り返っていかがですか?

(ゲームカウント)2-0とリードして、(2-1になった)第4ゲームも10-9でリードしていた場面で、相手の得点になったシーンがありましたけど、あそこは恐らくエッジで入っていたんじゃなかなと。第2コートはTTRが適用されていなかったので、審判に従うしかなかったですし、もう終わってしまったことなのでわからないんですが。

運にはなってしまいますけど、(今日のゲームでは)そこが一番の勝負の分かれ目だったんじゃないかなとは思います。あそこで2-2になるか3-1でリードするかで、自分の精神も相手の精神も絶対違うと思うので。

今日の試合は、あそこで運が味方をしてくれなかったなという部分が引っかかっていますね。

── 第1、第2ゲームでは、橋本選手のカットで相手がミスする展開も多かったと思いますが、手応えとしてはいかがでしたか?

相手も様子を見ながらやっていたんじゃないかなという部分はあって。7ゲームズマッチなので、最初の2ゲームを取られてもまだ間に合う部分は、5ゲームズマッチに比べるとあると思いますし、逆にそこで修正されて負けてしまったのは、自分の技術や戦術の組み立て力が足りなかったと思います。

自分も、2ゲームを先取してからも、それまでと同じように相手のミス待ちをしてしまった部分が多かったので、そこで駆け引きをもう少しできていれば、試合の流れも変わっていたんじゃないかなと思います。

── 駆け引きというのは、橋本選手自身から攻める展開を少し増やす、というようなことですか?

そうですね。サービスの立ち位置を変えたり、3球目攻撃をしたり、もう本当にちょっとしたことですけど。攻撃を入れるのかカットするのかで、もうちょっとメリハリを入れるというか。

第1、第2ゲームは様子を見つつすごく我慢するゲームだったと思うので、そこで相手が慣れてきてミスも減っていたので、プレッシャーをかける意味でも、もう少し攻撃をしたほうが良かったのか、何か変える部分が必要だったのかなとは、終わってみて感じますね。

── 今回の試合前にも、いろいろ準備をされてうたとは思いますが、それらは試合で発揮できましたか?

今日は本当に基本的な練習をして試合に臨んだんですけど、最初は自分が思っている以上にカットやツッツキの変化が効いていたので、「いけるんじゃないか」という気持ちになって。でも、そこをうまく修正してくるのが中国のトップの選手なんだなと改めて感じました。

── 今回、グランドスマッシュベスト8という結果でしたが、大会全体を通しての手応えはいかがですか?

率直にポイントだけ考えると、ベスト8に入れて580点取れたのは大きなことだと思います。でも、今の試合もチャンスがなかったわけではないので、勝てなかった悔しさのほうが本当に大きいですね。

── 次はアジア選手権が控えていると思いますが、次戦に向けて一言お願いします。

また一週間後にアジア選手権があるんですけど、そこは世界卓球の切符を取るための大事な試合なので、この大会で満足せずに、一度帰国してリセットして、またしっかり気持ちを入れ直して、次の大会に臨めるようにしたいなと思っています。
(── How do you look back on the match?

I was leading 2-0 in games, and in the fourth game—where the score was 2-1—I was leading 10-9 when the opponent won a point; I suspect the ball actually clipped the edge of the table. Since TTR (Table Tennis Review) wasn't in use on Court 2, I had no choice but to accept the umpire's decision, so I can't know for sure now that it's over.

It comes down to luck, I suppose, but I feel that moment was the biggest turning point of the match. Whether the score became 2-2 or I took a 3-1 lead would have made a huge difference to both my mindset and my opponent's.

That moment where luck didn't go my way is what sticks in my mind about today's match.

── In the first and second games, there were many instances where your defensive "chop" shots forced errors from your opponent. How did that feel?

I think my opponent was still feeling things out during that time. Since it’s a best-of-7 match, there’s more room to recover if you drop the first two games compared to a best-of-5; conversely, the fact that she adjusted and I ended up losing suggests I lacked the necessary technique and tactical planning.

Even after taking the first two games, I spent too much time waiting for my opponent to make errors just as I had before. If I had engaged in a bit more tactical maneuvering there, I think the flow of the match might have changed.

── By "tactical maneuvering," do you mean incorporating more offensive plays yourself?

Exactly. Things like changing my serving position or going for a third-ball attack—really just small adjustments. It’s about adding more variation—mixing in attacks rather than just sticking to defensive chops. I think the first and second games were really about biding my time and showing great patience. Since my opponent was getting used to my play and making fewer errors as the match went on, looking back, I feel I might have needed to change something—perhaps by playing a bit more offensively to put her under more pressure.

── I imagine you did a lot of preparation leading up to this match; were you able to put that into practice during the game?

I went into the match having focused on really fundamental training. At first, the variations in my "cut" and "push" shots were more effective than I’d anticipated, and I started to feel like I might actually pull off a win. However, the match reminded me once again that top Chinese players are incredibly skilled at making the necessary adjustments to counter that.

── You reached the quarterfinals of the Grand Smash; how do you feel about your performance across the tournament as a whole?

Looking strictly at the rankings points, reaching the quarterfinals and earning 580 points is a significant achievement. That said, I did have chances in this match, so the frustration of not winning is what really stands out to me.

── The Asian Championships are coming up next; could you share a few words about the upcoming tournament?

The Asian Championships are just a week away, and it’s a crucial tournament for securing a spot at the World Table Tennis Championships. I don't want to be complacent with this result; I plan to go home, reset, refocus my mindset, and prepare thoroughly for the next event.)
 
Last edited:
Top