Need Wood Blade Help

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Hi guys, I know there's been a lot of discussion on but I can't quite seem to find concrete answers through the existing threads at this time.

I'm currently using an Innerforce ALC blade, the one before was a Viscaria.
I only consider myself an intermediate player who's mostly treated the sport as a hobby throughout my pursuit of a couple degrees, though I'm looking to get more serious and wanted to start from the ground up again.

When I first started, I had a premade racket, then a timo boll allround, then was given an andro tempertech all+ by my coach at the time and just remembered that was the blade I had the most fun in TT with. Had left an impression in my memory as the blade with the most control, speed and feel I've had yet. That being said, I've never had any of the classics, such as a Petr Korbel or a Clipper. It seems like a lot of my friends are getting clippers as of recent too!

Since the TemperTech ALL+ is no where to be found in real life or online, my current considerations thanks to this forum are:
- Stiga Azalea Offensive
- Xiom Offensive S (Though I can't seem to find the updated version with the more comfortable design on TT11, Megaspin or Paddlepalace)
- Petr Korbel
- Clipper
- Andro's Timber 5 Off

I know Clipper is the only 7 layer here, but my criteria is that the allwood blade must have a good balance in feeling, balance between stiff & softness while having adequate speed. Not necessarily as fast as a carbon blade though, but I do want to keep my Innerforce as my main blade. I don't think vibrations are a bad thing to me, but I understand too much is a bad thing, and it seems a lot of people here are saying that the Petr Korbel has more than the others listed above, but I think because of its limba > limba > ayous < limba < limba setup by BTY, it would be the best path back and forth from the Innerforce's similar composition.

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or counterarguments to the above because I'm really interested in the other blades such as the Azalea Offensive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Azalea Offensive if you are not in a budget and Offensive S if you want it cheaper.

I'm willing to shell out $80 or less, which is where Azalea Offensive is at, being slightly more expensive than the Petr Korbel. How do you feel about the difference between said Petr Korbel and Azalea Offensive for someone that wants to keep an Innerforce ALC as his main blade? (Considering both Petr Korbel and Innerforce has the same wood structure)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
If you want a blade which provides you good feel and stability you can also go for tibhar stratus power wood. Itried it and loved it

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Oh definitely, should've added that to my list haha. Seems like its the same structure & size as the Petr Korbel while being a bit thicker. Handle's a bit wild in design but it's as cheap as the Timber 5 Off. I'll look into it a bit more.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I feel the Azalea has more flex and has a way better ball feedback feel than Korbel.
Oh, I was expecting to hear (read) that Azalea offensive has less flex than Korbel. Surprising
What are those attributes constituting better feel? More/less vibrations? Is it stiffer/softer, bouncier?

I do realize the differences here are very small too, so maybe all this allwood talk is really negligble.

EDIT: Also, which one is faster?

Last edited:
Until a few months ago, I also played with a TemperTech All+ for years. It is indeed one of the best allround blades you can have.
Last year during the holidays I bought the new Andro TP_Ligna CI off, but that was not successful at first and I grabbed my TT A+ again. The last 3 weeks of our competition, however, again tried the TP_Ligna and that went a lot better, also thanks to a new bh-rubber.
Now, if I were you, I'd try Andro's TP_Ligna All of Off first.
These seem to me the closest to a TT All+. Not the cheapest one.
Good luck with your choice.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Reactions: John Le
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Until a few months ago, I also played with a TemperTech All+ for years. It is indeed one of the best allround blades you can have.
Last year during the holidays I bought the new Andro TP_Ligna CI off, but that was not successful at first and I grabbed my TT A+ again. The last 3 weeks of our competition, however, again tried the TP_Ligna and that went a lot better, also thanks to a new bh-rubber.
Now, if I were you, I'd try Andro's TP_Ligna All of Off first.
These seem to me the closest to a TT All+. Not the cheapest one.
Good luck with your choice.

That's actually reassuring to hear another person actually liking the TemperTech OFF+, I was beginning to think I'm crazy to keep talking about this nonexistent blade. I did actually consider the TP_Ligna series, however they are indeed expensive. Judging from the pictures though, they seem to have incredible craftsmanship, that being said, a little too expensive for something that won't be my main blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Oh, I should've also mentioned asking about handle sizes. I have a hand size of 7.5 inches in length (top of middle finger to base of palm) and 4 inches of width (thumb knuckle to bony prominence of other side of hand). I believe this is roughly 19 cm x 10 cm, and is a bit on the larger size. So if Stiga Azalea blades have a smaller handle shape than the korbel of any significance, that could influence my decision here.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Only a wider flare part at the base of the handle
Guys, thank you lots for being patient with my questions thus far! Lastly, does anyone know the difference between the Korbel's handle as well?

Yogi, were you able to recall any specific details onto why the Azalea has better feel?
It seems the two are just about the same thickness and the main difference is in the Azalea's Spruce layer immediately following the Limba Outer (as opposed to the Limba > Limba for Korbel). I'm not sure if Spruce provides extra flex for more vibrations or more stiffness to slightly tighten up said vibrations?

At this moment, these two are indeed the only ones I'm considering.
Tibhar's blade & Timber 5 Off are too thick @ 6.3mm, Clipper is 7 ply so it probably shouldn't have been listed and PaddlePalace, TT11 or Megaspin offer the rebranded Xiom Offensive S with the better handle. Also Andro TP_Ligna is too expensive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
The Azalea has a distinct soft and flexy feel but when you hit with it, it is bouncy. The Korbel just felt more stiff.

I know you've mentioned you preferred the Xiom Offensive S to the Korbel in feeling as it has a stiffer feel yet still as much feedback.
Is the Korbel similar here to the Azalea or is it just stiffer and more muted feel unlike the Offensive S' situation?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
My apologies again guys for asking so many questions. I already ordered Azalea last night before I went to sleep, so I guess I should stop. Who knows, maybe I can pick up a JP Korbel second hand at my local TT club after the pandemic blows over and do my own comparison.

Thanks guys!

I know you've mentioned you preferred the Xiom Offensive S to the Korbel in feeling as it has a stiffer feel yet still as much feedback.
Is the Korbel similar here to the Azalea or is it just stiffer and more muted feel unlike the Offensive S' situation?
As what i have said Korbel feels more stiff. Azalea and Offensive S have the same softness and good feel with the Azalea sometimes having more bounce.