New Bat - What Should I Get - DHS

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Well i thought of getting the DHS Hurricane HAO 2 (as the blade) ,with the DHS Hurricane 3 Neo Soft 37' (as the rubber,on both sides) , but i don't wanna make the wrong decision , and then regret after some time.The only problem is that i can't play/try and i have never played/tried chinese rubbers.
If you've never tried them, why would you want them? Just get the same rubbers you had before again :)

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2023
So i have this andro bat for a couple of years now. I would like to get a new one,and i thought of getting a DHS one. I don't know which blade is the best for 150$. For the rubbers i would also like something to match with the blade. Can somebody give me a good chinese setup?
can you just go and try different guy's setups at your club? Thats def the best way, if possible.

This user has no status.
Honestly if you are this unsure about what to get then I probably wouldn’t spend this much money on a new racket.

Also we don’t have any info about what you want out of your new racket.

What’s your playing style?
What’s your level?
Why do you want a new racket?
Do you want something similar? Or something completely different?

If I have to be honest I would go to a local store and ask for advice. They will probably ask the same questions as I listed above. And if you are lucky your local store will have test equipment.

If I have to give 1 piece of advice on buying new equipment it would be: “Try before you buy.”

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2024
Honestly if you are this unsure about what to get then I probably wouldn’t spend this much money on a new racket.

Also we don’t have any info about what you want out of your new racket.

What’s your playing style?
What’s your level?
Why do you want a new racket?
Do you want something similar? Or something completely different?

If I have to be honest I would go to a local store and ask for advice. They will probably ask the same questions as I listed above. And if you are lucky your local store will have test equipment.

If I have to give 1 piece of advice on buying new equipment it would be: “Try before you buy.”
I have been playing for 5 years,i do play in a club with a coach, i train 3x a week monday,tuesday-2 hours each, friday-1 hour,my forehand is spinny and fast, i struggle when somebody drops the ball close to the net and i'm far away trying to defend (being forced to defend) when i get at the table sometimes the ball already bounced 2 times on my side of the table,or i just hit it with more power than needed so i miss. I also struggle sometimes when i'm far away from the table,defending and i try to hit it low on the table. I play offensive.I would say i am a pretty good player.I want a new racket because my current one is getting pretty old 5 or 6 years old,and i have never even changed the rubbers. I would like this racket to last at least 1 or 2 years , but really good quality. My budget is 200$ and i thought of getting a DHS Hurricane 301 as the blade and DHS Hurricane 3 Neo Provincial 37' on both sides. I don't know if this is a good combo because there aren't a lot of reviews on the internet , or at least i haven't found them yet. I have never tried DHS before and i have never tried butterfly.

I do not like my Fang Bo carbon from DHS and Yinhe blades. I would get Donic Persson Powerplay: cheap (like DHS/Yinhe cheap), fast with good control, 7-ply. I assume you want a bit of upgrade in speed.

Rubber: I don't know what is your level. Beginner: FH Mercury II, BH Sanwei Ultraspin T88 would be a very very affordable set up. Intermediate: Big Dipper on both sides I guess? If you want to try something tacky but affordable, go to Aliexpress and get Sanwei Target National, old version, with blue yellow packaging. It is about $20 including import tax, etc. It has blue sponge and the surface is tacky tacky, and you won't break the bank. BH Sanwei Ultraspin T88 might still work at the intermediate level.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
As you play with Rasanter R50 now that is a really bouncy soft'ish rubber, you should prepare for some difference if you go for H3 directly. But if you have a plan with this and understand the difference between Rasanter and H3, just go for it. But as Passifid said. Go for the 39deg and not any provincial or national. Try the Neo. Or Look at Yinhe Big Dipper 38 or 39deg.

If you have really good backhand technique it might work good with H3 37deg, but otherwise try something a little more forgiving and untacky like 729 Focus III Snipe, 729 - Aurora Max or 729 - Presto Max Spin. Presto Max Spin has a higher amount of spin and speed than Focus and Aurora, but is a bit more expensive.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
@Edan : you had 5 threads. To me, they all looked like slight variations on the same thing. I have merged them. Now they are one thread. For the same basic subject, ("I am thinking about getting a new setup") you don't really need more than one thread.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
I am a budget DHS blade user, after using 3 blades, i found outer type (506A) is easier to play than inner type (301Z, B2X), i all used them with Jupiter 3 or Bloom Power. Some cheaper alternative for DHS outer type is PG 6X or PG 6A.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I am a budget DHS blade user, after using 3 blades, i found outer type (506A) is easier to play than inner type (301Z, B2X), i all used them with Jupiter 3 or Bloom Power. Some cheaper alternative for DHS outer type is PG 6X or PG 6A.
Have you ever play DHS PG7X blade ?

Thank you sir.
Best regards,