New Blade technologies explained please?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
So does anyone have any idea what these carbon variants actually are and how they are supposed to influence the blade itself?

We know ALC and ZLC , but what are these:

-Gewo and Joola using PBO and PBO -Power
-Andro using Synteliac
-Tibhar using Dyneema
-DHS using Kevlar
-Victas using Zexion and Fleece Carbon ?!
-Nittaku using PKC
-Xiom using TMX

If I did deeper I am sure I can find more.

I think the most important question is,which one is clsoer to ALC and which one to ZLC / ZLF, and to what margin?

Any TT equipment gurus and detectives are welcome to explain us what the words above even mean.

Thank you

Reactions: TIME
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
The andro fibres are called Zyreema and Voltema, the blades are called SYNTELIAC.

Otherwise, if you´ll do some research you´ll find that many of these fibres are quite similar, for example PBO is also marketed as Zylon as in your ZLC/ZLF example.

Aramid is a generic term for a class of fibres, including Arylate and Kevlar.

For Zexiom, yoll find this: "KB SEIREN, LTD. has developed “Zxion®”, a polyarylate fiber with superb tensile strength and elasticity, by using its original technology." Add an "e" and you have an Arylate that goes by a different Victas exclusive name?

The highlight in "new technologies" is the DONIC Waldner Gold Edition, their fibre is called "Etalyra-Carbon" - just read backwards, they couldn´t even be bothered to come up with a new name.

I am afraid it´s rather a bit smokes and mirrors than new innovations.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
I think carbon fleece is the same stuff Nittaku puts in the Acoustic carbon. maybe also what yasaka calls soft carbon in the Ma Lin soft blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
The andro fibres are called Zyreema and Voltema, the blades are called SYNTELIAC.

Otherwise, if you´ll do some research you´ll find that many of these fibres are quite similar, for example PBO is also marketed as Zylon as in your ZLC/ZLF example.

Aramid is a generic term for a class of fibres, including Arylate and Kevlar.

For Zexiom, yoll find this: "KB SEIREN, LTD. has developed “Zxion®”, a polyarylate fiber with superb tensile strength and elasticity, by using its original technology." Add an "e" and you have an Arylate that goes by a different Victas exclusive name?

The highlight in "new technologies" is the DONIC Waldner Gold Edition, their fibre is called "Etalyra-Carbon" - just read backwards, they couldn´t even be bothered to come up with a new name.

I am afraid it´s rather a bit smokes and mirrors than new innovations.

So is Zyreema the same as alc?

And volteema is zlc?

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Carbonization of wooden materials. Those veneers in black, it is a resulting product from laminated wooden sheets treated with a dryed steam in thermo-chamber at 350 Celsius degrees.
Be happy.

Last edited:
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
it is most unlikely that you could get carbonized wood veneers from anywhere. However, you are free to make experiments at home as much as you please.