New Blade

This user has no status.
Hi all,

I am planning on buying myself a new blade :) Had my bat for over a year but I would like a change. My previous blades have been the primorac off-, some halmark blade or some company with similar name, ans my current blade is tibhar stratus power wood. I have prefered, the primorac compared to the stratus as it I feel like the handle is too smooth with the stratus for some reason. I am not looking for a super powerful blade. My current rubbers are xiom Vega japan (FH) and xiom vega europe (BH). I feel that off- blade should be the highest I should go. I am an offensive player but I want to get my technique perfect rather than just trying to beat someone with power. Any questions just ask if you need more information, and I am open to suggestions.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Bolt! Good to see you again. Glad you were able to stick it out for as long as you did with the Power Wood despite not loving the handle.

In terms of ball feel, between the Primorac and the Power Wood, which one did you like better for how the blade felt on contact?

Which blade did you feel was faster? Did you like the faster or not as fast?

Sent from Inside The Chamber of Secrets by Patronus

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Last time we went through this process NextLevel and I sorted out that Bolt has never glued and cut rubbers and was not comfortable with anything but buying a new blade and rubbers and having the place he got them glue and cut. Maybe he is open to the idea now.

Omega V is good stuff.

This user has no status.
Yeah, Im back. Haha. Its hard to say about the primorac if I felt it is faster as I have different rubbers on it which, in theory were slower. I like the quite fast feel of the japan. I actually am thinking of maybe getting the Omega V. But, back to the blade. I dont really have a price range if Id be getting a new one. Well maybe like £70 is the top of the range. I had bought chepeast rubbers I could find and the glue, so soon I want to try to glue them on the Primorac. However, I think I would like a different blade this time. I prefered the feel of the primorac to be honest.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Okay. So I am going to say that rokphish is right on target. You could get a new Primorac or you could get a Petr Korbel. Either blade would be good. The Korbel is a little thicker and a little faster than the Primorac. But they are very close.

As far as rubbers. Do me a favor. Next time you play, flip your racket around for 5-10 min and see how you like the feel of Vega Japan on BH in comparison to the Vega Europe.

I second Rokphish Petr Korbel is a good blade very well balance with great control for an offensive rating blade.

Another plus is that top English players like Gavin Evans etc use the Petr Korbel blade so if you improve a lot you know that it won't be need to change your blade [emoji1303][emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Three musketeers

3431f70154603d9dfff958c4e7728101.jpg

This user has no status.
Petr Korbel? Hmm, interesting choice. About using japan for BH compared to Europe, I have tried that before to be fair. I have prefered the europe on BH as I prefer the soft feel for the BH, also as my backhand is not as good as my forehand, but getting much better now, I dont like the fast speed of japan on the BH as I lost some control using it. Some people might like the Japan for BH though.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well, you just helped me help you with the rubbers.

If that is the case, I would keep Vega Europe on BH. Omega V Europe will be too fast if Japan is too fast. You could get used to it and you would adjust to it. But, what for. It isn't as fast as Vega Japan. But it is considerably faster than Vega Europe.

As for FH, it is a tossup:

Omega V Pro or
Vega Japan

They are very close to the same. Most people seem to like Vega Japan better. But they are so close, it is hard to tell the difference. Japan has more boost effect.

This user has no status.
I have also heard quite good things about the Stiga blades, like I know the infinity VPS V is an OFF blade, but is it really that much faster than like the stratus powerwood?

About the rubbers, what about the Vega Europe DF for the backhand as it is supposed to be more for the plastic ball. Are there any other rubbers which you could recommend for the forehand (it does not have to be XIOM). Like the Stiga MX-P or EL-P?
)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Stiga MX-P would be interesting. You may find that next to some Tibhar Calibra.

Okay, jokes aside: Evolution MX-P is from Tibhar not Stiga.

If you want more suggestions on blades and want those gerbils to spin those wheels, I'll go get the popcorn ready and enjoy the show.

Reactions: NextLevel
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
MX-P = Hard. If you can handle hard it is great for FH. You have to have a pretty decent BH with high level impact to use it for BH.

In terms of performance, it is closer to Tenergy in performance than any other rubber I can think of. They don't feel alike. But MX-P performs similar.

Infinity is harder surface than the previous blades you used. But if you get a good one they are pretty decent.

Two years ago, there was a rash of instances where people got one and the plies just started delaminating. I knew of at least 19 cases where that happened. But it looks like Stiga must have fixed that issue because I have not seen reports of this in at least the last year.

The problem was worldwide as well. Not just a bad batch in one country. But if there are no more reports of this it is likely not happening any more.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have to be honest. I know nothing about the Vega Europe DF. It may be the same, different, similar, a totally different animal.

Maybe someone else has used it and can give you their experience.

But if Vega Europe worked for your BH and your BH is a little fussy, I would stick with it. Or maybe try Aurus Soft.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
I see ok. So for now my options are, MX-p (FH) or Omega V Europe/Pro? (FH), vega europe Df (BH) and then lastly for the blade, korbel, primorac or something similar.

I'd recommend you to get primorac over korbel if the speed difference is really small like what carl said. The primorac handle is just way more comfortable unless you can get a ST korbel. The bigger headsize also means more head-heavy setup

As for the rubber, while MX-P is good, they are hard like a brick. I don't find it to be a good rubber for developing player. I'd recommend EL-P over MX-P for you on FH. It plays really nice and the fact that it has elastic topsheet means you really get the feeling of the ball. On BH, I've never played the DF version but Vega Europe is an excellent soft rubber