New blade??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I am a player with a very hard first forehand topspin.
My first spin backhand is rather on the weak side. So I pivot a lot.
My strongest point was to play a long rally. That way, the opponent often missed first.
But now that I play at a higher level, this style of play is punished.
That's why I try to produce a killer shot.
To do this, I switched from the Yasaka Rakza 7 soft to the XIOM OMEGA V euro. As I mentioned earlier, I love these rubbers.
But I notice that I often force my strokes because I have to put a lot of effort to get a lot of speed behind them.
Many people therefore recommend a harder blade to me. But I don't want to lose the control from my previous style of play. That's why I want something faster but still with control.
I want to keep it controlled because I have been playing with this blade for 10 years now and can't do without the control.
try maybe an innerforce style of blade?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I already tried several blades. But i didn't like the ones with a fiber.
A friend of mine plays with BUTTERFLY Jonyer Hinoki Special OFF.
This is a blade that felt good.
But unfortunately, I can no longer find these anywhere.
Any blades that feel similar?
heard some gewo blades also had hinoki top ply... maybe try gewo konigklasse? Table tennis gan did a review on it, check it out

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
What do you guys think about these blades?
Butterfly Ovtcharov S1
Butterfly Ovtcharov S2

If you know these blades, can you give some more information about the difference between the two?
Check out this French page and translate it to English:

The blade is super thin at 5.0mm and has an oversized head. The recommended rubbers are all slow, defensive, or anti. So they look like they were designed to be defense or for all around play (despite the marketing blurb for S2 saying it's for offensive players).

Since you seem to be ignoring almost all of the proven blades already recommended in this thread, maybe you should just take a chance with one of these two and then let us know how it works out for you.

Reactions: JJ Ng
says Big forhand
Check out this French page and translate it to English:

The blade is super thin at 5.0mm and has an oversized head. The recommended rubbers are all slow, defensive, or anti. So they look like they were designed to be defense or for all around play (despite the marketing blurb for S2 saying it's for offensive players).

Since you seem to be ignoring almost all of the proven blades already recommended in this thread, maybe you should just take a chance with one of these two and then let us know how it works out for you.
Okay, thanks. I'm making a list of a the blades with the characteristics. With this list I'm going to make a choice with my trainer next Friday. So i will let you guys know wich blade I'm going to choose and also how my experience is with the chosen one.