New blade??

says Big forhand
Hello everyone, I am currently playing with the Primorac OFF- blade. I really like the control that the blade gives.
Last season I started playing with the XIOM OMGEA V euro on my forehand and backhand. I really like these rubbers and therefore don't want to change them.
But sometimes I miss some extra power.
Now I am looking for a new blade that gives a lot of control but is still a little bit faster than my previous blade.
I have already tried playing with a carbon blade, but I missed the feeling of the ball.

Can you recommend some blades that have a good control/speed ratio?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Hello everyone, I am currently playing with the Primorac OFF- blade. I really like the control that the blade gives.
Last season I started playing with the XIOM OMGEA V euro on my forehand and backhand. I really like these rubbers and therefore don't want to change them.
But sometimes I miss some extra power.
Now I am looking for a new blade that gives a lot of control but is still a little bit faster than my previous blade.
I have already tried playing with a carbon blade, but I missed the feeling of the ball.

Can you recommend some blades that have a good control/speed ratio?
Have you tried inner carbon blades? They offer woody feeling at lower impacts, but kick of carbon layer at higher.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
You could consider;
Korbel or Korbel SK7
Xiom offensive s
Nittaku S7
Tibhar Samsonov force pro

There’s many great 5/7 ply all wood blades.

This is good list. I'll also add:

Tibhar Stratus Powerwood
Nittaku S5
Yinhe PD 437
Xiom Solo

All of the above I have on the list to try out as a potential replacement for my Fextras. I did just purchase a Sanwei V5 Pro on impulse as they are becoming unavailable on Aliexpress and I found a seller in Vietnam.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
I think a innerforce or 7 ply wood blade seems good enough. There are too many to consider, If you want cheap and decent Sanwei fextra or V9 are very cheap. If money isn't a issue maybe DHS TG7-CP2 Ebony. This blade is very well known in china for people who don't like carbon feeling but want power and good feeling.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Maybe you can try the XIOM HUGO HAL blade if you can get your hand on one cuz apparently they stopped producing them, since you are already using xiom rubbers. The blade gives good mix of control and speed similarly to an inner carbon blade but offers "more" wood feeling. Great for looping back spin.

Reactions: Migzkulit
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Nittaku Ludeack is another blade to consider now that I think about it. It should be a step faster than Primorac, and is reknown for its control. Build quality and finish should be on par with Butterfly.

Here's a link to the TT11 review of the Ludeack series: https://blog.tabletennis11.com/nittaku-ludeack-power-fleet-review

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Isn't that too fast?
Yeah it has carbon layers and the outer layers are also very hard wood. This does not fit the description of what you want. It's several levels harder and faster than your Primorac.

You have a dozen or more very good candidates in this thread. See if you can try one out or give us some more info so we can narrow it down for you.

says Big forhand
Yeah it has carbon layers and the outer layers are also very hard wood. This does not fit the description of what you want. It's several levels harder and faster than your Primorac.

You have a dozen or more very good candidates in this thread. See if you can try one out or give us some more info so we can narrow it down for you.
I am a player with a very hard first forehand topspin.
My first spin backhand is rather on the weak side. So I pivot a lot.
My strongest point was to play a long rally. That way, the opponent often missed first.
But now that I play at a higher level, this style of play is punished.
That's why I try to produce a killer shot.
To do this, I switched from the Yasaka Rakza 7 soft to the XIOM OMEGA V euro. As I mentioned earlier, I love these rubbers.
But I notice that I often force my strokes because I have to put a lot of effort to get a lot of speed behind them.
Many people therefore recommend a harder blade to me. But I don't want to lose the control from my previous style of play. That's why I want something faster but still with control.
I want to keep it controlled because I have been playing with this blade for 10 years now and can't do without the control.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Maybe what you need is a change in mindset. Many times you can win by spin and placement instead of power. You don't have to force your stroke. Look at how Timo Boll plays. Many times he is not as powerful as his opponents but he keeps the ball in with spin until he gets the point. He also works with off the bounce counter loops and uses the power of his opponents. If you push and you opponent opens up with a loop and you can block it to a corner away from them or into their elbow, you can set up yourself to attack a weak return instead of forcing it

Last edited:
says Big forhand
Maybe what you need is a change in mindset. Many times you can win by spin and placement instead of power. You don't have to force your stroke. Look at how Timo Boll plays. Many times he is not as powerful as his opponents but he keeps the ball in with spin until he gets the point.
You have a good point here. But looking at my progress over the last few years, I think it's time for a faster blade anyway. My trainer also says it's time I start looking for a new blade. But thanks anyway for your reply.