NEW Gold Arc 9

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
My sheet of GA9 has arrived. Red, 2.0mm, 37 degree. 65.9g uncut, H169mm x W164mm. Comes in a sealed packet inside the cardboard wrapper, and has a sparkly piece of card protecting the topsheet. Looks nice, will give it a try over the weekend.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
My sheet of GA9 has arrived. Red, 2.0mm, 37 degree. 65.9g uncut, H169mm x W164mm. Comes in a sealed packet inside the cardboard wrapper, and has a sparkly piece of card protecting the topsheet. Looks nice, will give it a try over the weekend.
Eagerly awaiting your raw first impressions.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
@Lawsy First 5 hours:
Measurements Pro01/Viscaria: 48 gram
Hardness (non measure) around 48

Transition between this and DNA is very small for me. Both are under 50d, but i feel GA9 is slightly harder compared to DNA. This rubber feels controlled with good spin. It is slower than most high end tensor, Goldarc 8 is 10% faster.

On forehand i need to use good technique, it feels too slow for 47d for me to use.
Backhand felt very good, this rubber is stable during every stroke.
The rubber has amazing dwell time for a non tacky rubber, it has a very "meaty" feeling during play. Almost like JOOLA fire.

To sum up my first thoughts, this rubber has good spin with some catapult. It is very forgiving with high margen for error. The weight is good, blade feels balanced with heavier forehand rubbers.
Topsheet has good grip, as expected.

Bought €30 a sheet without discount.
Valid price for this rubber, i like this better then other 37D rubbers from DHS.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I didn't spend long enough with GA9 this week to give proper feedback - we're getting our juniors ready for an event this weekend, short on time, only had 1 hour to myself for practice. I will say Topspinslinger's impressions sound right - it's slower than GA8, around the GA5 area but less catapult and more spin.

I was generally impressed by it, and as far as chinese-made non-tacky rubbers go, this is a good one. It's the closest to a "japanese feel" I've seen from DHS, Yinhe, 729 etc. Reminds me the most of some of the linear Daiki rubbers, like Nexy Etika. Seemed like a good, solid BH rubber option, maybe a little lacking in speed but I think many users will be using tacky FH rubbers and will probably have fast blades so offset a little by that. Would be too slow for me on an allround blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
I didn't spend long enough with GA9 this week to give proper feedback - we're getting our juniors ready for an event this weekend, short on time, only had 1 hour to myself for practice. I will say Topspinslinger's impressions sound right - it's slower than GA8, around the GA5 area but less catapult and more spin.

I was generally impressed by it, and as far as chinese-made non-tacky rubbers go, this is a good one. It's the closest to a "japanese feel" I've seen from DHS, Yinhe, 729 etc. Reminds me the most of some of the linear Daiki rubbers, like Nexy Etika. Seemed like a good, solid BH rubber option, maybe a little lacking in speed but I think many users will be using tacky FH rubbers and will probably have fast blades so offset a little by that. Would be too slow for me on an allround blade.
I fully agree with what you said about the japanese feel, i am pretty impressed by GA9

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
@Lawsy First 5 hours:
Measurements Pro01/Viscaria: 48 gram
Hardness (non measure) around 48

Transition between this and DNA is very small for me. Both are under 50d, but i feel GA9 is slightly harder compared to DNA. This rubber feels controlled with good spin. It is slower than most high end tensor, Goldarc 8 is 10% faster.

On forehand i need to use good technique, it feels too slow for 47d for me to use.
Backhand felt very good, this rubber is stable during every stroke.
The rubber has amazing dwell time for a non tacky rubber, it has a very "meaty" feeling during play. Almost like JOOLA fire.

To sum up my first thoughts, this rubber has good spin with some catapult. It is very forgiving with high margen for error. The weight is good, blade feels balanced with heavier forehand rubbers.
Topsheet has good grip, as expected.

Bought €30 a sheet without discount.
Valid price for this rubber, i like this better then other 37D rubbers from DHS.
like Glazer?

How does GA9 compare to specifically Rakza 7 2.0 mm on the backhand? I am not greatly experienced, but it sounds similar to Rakza 7.

Edit: I saw that it comes in 2.0 and MAX thickness, and at least two levels of hardness. Do you think that the GA9 37d 2.0 would be similar to Rakza 7 2.0?

Last edited:
Closer to ESN type, it isn't tacky. It has good grip without tacky surface.
It isn't as bouncy as DNA pro M or rakza 7. It is slightly harder with higher error rate
Thank you for the reply. Perhaps I should try the DNA pro M, if I can find someone at my club who uses it.

(But really, I do not need any change to my rubbers at all, Rakza 7 on my backhand is plenty powerful when I train and play against my peers at club.)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Thank you for the reply. Perhaps I should try the DNA pro M, if I can find someone at my club who uses it.

(But really, I do not need any change to my rubbers at all, Rakza 7 on my backhand is plenty powerful when I train and play against my peers at club.)
DNA pro M is very similar to Rakza 7 in spin, speed and control. Rakza 7 has better feeling on wood blades while DNA on outer carbon and stiff blades.

Just my personal preferences

Reactions: Learning