New here advice

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Hi all,

new here looking for advice on playing any decent places for tips on improving my game?

Cheers David

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well, welcome to the forum. You will like it here. You can learn a lot. Browse the threads and recent posts, have fun and feel free to make comments, especially when you feel like you have something to offer.

I am assuming you are looking for places to play in the UK.

Where exactly are you located? so some of the guys who are in your area can better help you out with finding good clubs to play at.

Also, about what level are you? so the UK contingent can get you set up with players who are a good match for your level of play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Well, welcome to the forum. You will like it here. You can learn a lot. Browse the threads and recent posts, have fun and feel free to make comments, especially when you feel like you have something to offer.

I am assuming you are looking for places to play in the UK.

Where exactly are you located? so some of the guys who are in your area can better help you out with finding good clubs to play at.

Also, about what level are you? so the UK contingent can get you set up with players who are a good match for your level of play.

you're right based in London, only played at school level but was OK standard just looking to join a new club and get some tips to improve my game

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
The three tips I can come up within a second are:

- Mind your footwork and thus your balance for EVERY stroke.
- every stroke is played with your entire body, not only with your hand/wrist/arm but also with your legs, abdomen, back, shoulder... in one flowing motion.
- consistency is key: learn the correct technique (browse forum :p), and then work your body around the ball so you can hit any ball from the most optimal position. --> So don't start extending your arm, leaning backwards or sidewards and so on...

If you do these three things, you should instantly rise a level or two/three...

Good luck with that

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
are you located? so some of the guys who are in your area can better help you out with finding good clubs to play at.
g.gif

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews