New Hurricane King for Wang Chuqin

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
It's the glue. Usually indicates not the best glue job. Chinese players typically only brush their glue on in one direction, from the bottom to the top, so if the glue isn't applied very evenly then there'll be vertical streaks visible under certain lighting conditions.

Some folks are really strict about the bottom to top method, but some would spread the glue out in a circular or random fashion first before evening out the glue in bottom to top. This is difficult to do when regluing rubbers, as the best way to get things even is using a lot of glue, but then the glue spills over the edge. That's usually not an issue for CNT members since they never reglue, so the edges are always on a new rubber and they just get cut away. So it's a bit embarrassing that WCQ's rubber looks like that.

I also heard that the tier 1 CNT players change their rubbers so often that they have someone else glueing the rubbers for them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I also heard that the tier 1 CNT players change their rubbers so often that they have someone else glueing the rubbers for them.
Doubt it, from interviews it seems at least most glue their own rubbers. That's at least partly because players are often very particular about how they glue their rubbers. For example, ML mentioned in a interview that he's not great at it as some teammates can make their rubbers bouncier than his. Yin Hang did a tutorial on how he glues. He also talked about the thousands of times he's glued the rubber and how he can hold the rubber in one hand while applying the glue with his other hand. That's necessary because a heavily boosted rubber won't lie flat on the table and he glues it on as soon as the last layer of booster is dry.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Doubt it, from interviews it seems at least most glue their own rubbers. That's at least partly because players are often very particular about how they glue their rubbers. For example, ML mentioned in a interview that he's not great at it as some teammates can make their rubbers bouncier than his. Yin Hang did a tutorial on how he glues. He also talked about the thousands of times he's glued the rubber and how he can hold the rubber in one hand while applying the glue with his other hand. That's necessary because a heavily boosted rubber won't lie flat on the table and he glues it on as soon as the last layer of booster is dry.

I see. That makes sense. ML is well known for his perfectionism.

I would prefer her face in my wood.
wait a second.......................................................................................................................................................
.......................................................................................................
.......................................................................................................
nah nothing... :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I think DHS only releases named blades for world champions, so she would need to win in Durban.
Let's hope she does, but Chen Meng, Sun Yingsha and Wang Chuqin are not world champions either. (DHS also has a few Fang Bo blades)
In team championships all of the above are world champions I think.

Reactions: Choosikick
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
Let's hope she does, but Chen Meng, Sun Yingsha and Wang Chuqin are not world champions either. (DHS also has a few Fang Bo blades)
In team championships all of the above are world champions I think.
Chen Meng won WS in Tokyo Olympics, Sun Yingsha and Wang Chuqin won singles at WTT Cup finals (which replaced the world cup). But you are right, Fang Bo has named blades, although not the premium ones.

Jan 2023
I think DHS wants to copy Butterfly by making more handles and milking more people 😅
Definitely. Butterfly is the most successful TT brand, their business model is working well.
My favourite brand, Yinhe, is copying DHS, by making Pro 01 - Pro 01 X - Pro 01 MAX, similar to Fang Bo Carbon - Long 5 - W968 i.e. essentially the same composition but better quality. In addition, all kinds of custom blades and "National" rubbers for lesser-known CNT player or North Korean players.

Personally I don't like this approach, but it surely sells well.

Reactions: Attitude
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Definitely. Butterfly is the most successful TT brand, their business model is working well.
My favourite brand, Yinhe, is copying DHS, by making Pro 01 - Pro 01 X - Pro 01 MAX, similar to Fang Bo Carbon - Long 5 - W968 i.e. essentially the same composition but better quality. In addition, all kinds of custom blades and "National" rubbers for lesser-known CNT player or North Korean players.

Personally I don't like this approach, but it surely sells well.
Pro 01 is a outer ALC blade, similar to Viscaria.

It's not similar to FB Carbon or Long 5. I think Yinhe 05 is similar.

Jan 2023
Pro 01 is a outer ALC blade, similar to Viscaria.

It's not similar to FB Carbon or Long 5. I think Yinhe 05 is similar.
I am not saying the blades are similar. I am saying their marketing/business strategy is similar - selling essentially the design but as different products based on quality.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Alright, I got some answers from a DHS distributor in China who I've bought from before.

The WCQ and SYS blades will be commercial versions (at least initially) and should be coming out next month. Both are inner but he's not sure if they're exactly like the HL5 or not, he thinks not.

He says WCQ is still using a W968 National but with his own custom brown handle now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Alright, I got some answers from a DHS distributor in China who I've bought from before.

The WCQ and SYS blades will be commercial versions (at least initially) and should be coming out next month. Both are inner but he's not sure if they're exactly like the HL5 or not, he thinks not.

He says WCQ is still using a W968 National but with his own custom brown handle now.
awesome! I wonder if these will be faster than the standard high-flex HL5.