New Hurricane King for Wang Chuqin

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews
As far as I know, DHS already changed hl5 to w968 Carbon since 2020 series, when they also changed the inner packaging from grey to black
I meant to say that hopefully we get the carbon weave found in the w968 in these models. Did you have a source for the change of carbon? The weave on the typical inner blades from DHS has been the same as the older ones.

says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
Hl5 had Carbon only in one direction and aramid as well, that’s why it was so flexible. W968 had both in both directions. You were easily able to see the difference at the end of the table: on hl5 you either did not see any carbon or in very thin waves, while on w968 you can see carbon and aramid alternating.
Since 2020 it changed. Newer hl5 models show the same pattern at the end of the handle.
DHS Never communicated this change, but they also never communicated the change to the previous carbon. In very old models (eg 2014) they used the w968 carbon in hl5 and changed it at some point.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021

He demonstrates boosting in the first part, then gluing. If you don't speak Chinese, the instructions are pretty simple. For boosting, don't use too much/too little, brush up and down. Wait until the first layer dries which is about 1-2 hours, then apply the second layer. Wait a night usually for the second layer to dry, then you can apply the glue.

When gluing it's important not too use too little or it'll start making little balls (dried bits of glue). Also apply in one direction (up and down), you can use the blow drier if needed. He recommends 3 layers on the rubber, 1 on the blade.

He doesn't apply booster or glue to the very edge of the rubber as those parts will be cut away. Later on he mentions that you can spread the glue a bit before brushing it up and down. Also notes that it's important to keep the brush fairly saturated with glue and that it doesn't dry, because that's what causes the little balls to form.
What did he said about the plastic film on the rubber ? If I understand he recommand to don't remove it ?

This user has no status.
It's the glue. Usually indicates not the best glue job. Chinese players typically only brush their glue on in one direction, from the bottom to the top, so if the glue isn't applied very evenly then there'll be vertical streaks visible under certain lighting conditions.

Some folks are really strict about the bottom to top method, but some would spread the glue out in a circular or random fashion first before evening out the glue in bottom to top. This is difficult to do when regluing rubbers, as the best way to get things even is using a lot of glue, but then the glue spills over the edge. That's usually not an issue for CNT members since they never reglue, so the edges are always on a new rubber and they just get cut away. So it's a bit embarrassing that WCQ's rubber looks like that.
I think it also may be perspiration or condensation from breathing onto the rubber and then wiping it off to clean it slightly and improve grip. You always see the pros do it sometimes after every point, that is far more likely to me as i see this happen on my rubbers to then if the glue is somehow showing through the rubbers.