New Hurricane King for Wang Chuqin

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews
Alright, I got some answers from a DHS distributor in China who I've bought from before.

The WCQ and SYS blades will be commercial versions (at least initially) and should be coming out next month. Both are inner but he's not sure if they're exactly like the HL5 or not, he thinks not.

He says WCQ is still using a W968 National but with his own custom brown handle now.
Did he mention if it was an international release or a china only one?

I feel like it would be China only first, and then international. I'm a huge fan of WCQ, hopefully I get to buy it soon!!

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Did he mention if it was an international release or a china only one?

I feel like it would be China only first, and then international. I'm a huge fan of WCQ, hopefully I get to buy it soon!!
He didn't, my guess is that he has no idea about the international market.

Likely going to release in China first like everything else, then TT11 will have them in a few months.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews
DHS already confirmed that the new Hurricane King has a larger head size compared to Long 5. It is also slightly thinner.
He didn't, my guess is that he has no idea about the international market.

Likely going to release in China first like everything else, then TT11 will have them in a few months.
Any updates? We're about to be halfway through the month, seems like maybe it will release later in the year

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
640 (2).jpeg
640 (1).jpeg

• Love
Reactions: ricospin and longle
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews
the handle looks like the w968 handle, at least for shakehand.

So it seems as though it's the same blade but with a different handle?

Although butterfly has like 5-7 vis copies with different handles that feel slightly different, so perhaps this is the same case.

Fingers crossed it isn't priced like the long V... Though maybe, we finally get the W968 carbon instead of the long V one!

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
Really thinking they're exact HL5 clones which is fine by me.

I'm liking the brown handle for myself, though the purple is very cool (though too flashy for me).

I'm guessing they will be priced the same as the HL5.

I'll be waiting for a WCQ National (W968 National) as a backup.
I bet the Sun will be more controllable than Long V. If only it has Cpen version I'll take it

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews
Really thinking they're exact HL5 clones which is fine by me.

I'm liking the brown handle for myself, though the purple is very cool (though too flashy for me).

I'm guessing they will be priced the same as the HL5.

I'll be waiting for a WCQ National (W968 National) as a backup.
Fingers crossed they play a bit differently, if they are HL5 clones...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Doubt it, from interviews it seems at least most glue their own rubbers. That's at least partly because players are often very particular about how they glue their rubbers. For example, ML mentioned in a interview that he's not great at it as some teammates can make their rubbers bouncier than his. Yin Hang did a tutorial on how he glues. He also talked about the thousands of times he's glued the rubber and how he can hold the rubber in one hand while applying the glue with his other hand. That's necessary because a heavily boosted rubber won't lie flat on the table and he glues it on as soon as the last layer of booster is dry.

Where we can find this tutorial please ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Where we can find this tutorial please ?

He demonstrates boosting in the first part, then gluing. If you don't speak Chinese, the instructions are pretty simple. For boosting, don't use too much/too little, brush up and down. Wait until the first layer dries which is about 1-2 hours, then apply the second layer. Wait a night usually for the second layer to dry, then you can apply the glue.

When gluing it's important not too use too little or it'll start making little balls (dried bits of glue). Also apply in one direction (up and down), you can use the blow drier if needed. He recommends 3 layers on the rubber, 1 on the blade.

He doesn't apply booster or glue to the very edge of the rubber as those parts will be cut away. Later on he mentions that you can spread the glue a bit before brushing it up and down. Also notes that it's important to keep the brush fairly saturated with glue and that it doesn't dry, because that's what causes the little balls to form.