New Stiga Mantra Pro

This user has no status.
Nová série Mantra Pro vyšla zatím pouze na stránkách Stiga 10. ledna.

M (47), H (50) a XH (53).

Vyrobeno v Japonsku, zní to slibně, protože nedávný Nittaku Hammond Z2 ze stejné továrny Daiki je vynikající!

Doufám, že je brzy ponesou i další prodejci jako TT11.

324510259%20493409469397751%202623314540682545337%20n%20jpeg.jpeg

324341108%201569000943521082%202437019044769913868%20n%20jpeg.jpeg

324348882%201269711220426600%202494603318805429280%20n%20jpeg.jpeg
Viděl jsem, že jsou již v prodeji v tloušťce 2,1mm na tabletennisshop.eu za 52€.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Viděl jsem, že jsou již v prodeji v tloušťce 2,1mm na tabletennisshop.eu za 52€.
Google Translate:

I saw that they are already on sale in 2.1mm thickness on tabletennisshop.eu for €52.

In the future, could you use something like google translate to translate your post into English the way you translated Thomas.Pong's post into Czech? I don't think it is a big deal. But there were a few people who reported this post for not being in English. Thanks.

says I'm still learning Table Tennis.
Nov 2022
Hi guys :)

I just posted my first impressions of the Mantra Pro (H) on instagram. If you’d like to check it out, you can find my ig @keean.tt
It looks similar to the old Mantra I'm using right now. I love the rubber, but it is much more fragile than the others. The material is dry and feels like more artificial rubber than pure rubber.

Is the new Mantra Pro also like that one?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
ESN is a German company that makes rubbers for all the TT brands. Pretty much all the popular rubbers such as G1, MXP, Rakza, Andro and Donic are all made by ESN.

Daiki is a Japanese rubber company that also makes rubbers, but they are much less common. The most well known rubbers from Daiki are the Hammond Z2 and the Stiga Calibra.

To me Daiki rubbers have a more rubbery feel, like a ball of rubber bands. I like this feeling. ESN rubbers have a more meshy feel, like a trampoline.
How would you compared Nittaku Hammond Z2 compared to G-1, P-1, C-1 and S-1? I have played with G-1 and C-1. I like both of them. G-1 was better for my backhand on the wood blade. C-1 is now better for my backhand on the composite blade.

Now that you mentioned it, I am debating if I should get a sheet of Hammond Z2 or Stiga Calibra LT Sound when I order a big shipment from TT11.

Since the Fastarc series have different hardness, I wonder if you could compare Hammond Z2 to G-1 and C-1 specifically.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
How would you compared Nittaku Hammond Z2 compared to G-1, P-1, C-1 and S-1? I have played with G-1 and C-1. I like both of them. G-1 was better for my backhand on the wood blade. C-1 is now better for my backhand on the composite blade.

Now that you mentioned it, I am debating if I should get a sheet of Hammond Z2 or Stiga Calibra LT Sound when I order a big shipment from TT11.

Since the Fastarc series have different hardness, I wonder if you could compare Hammond Z2 to G-1 and C-1 specifically.
I would say G1 is easier to use. Its fast enough, spinny enough, has very good arc and lift. Most people would play better with G1.

But Z2 is like a hyped up Dignics 64. It's very fast, very responsive, grippy. But it has a difficult and low throw angle.

For me, I would pick Z2 because its more exciting and dynamic. But if I had to train for 3 months to win a match to save my life, G1 might be easier to handle and might end up playing better with it. I would need to test both of these against each other to know for sure.

Nov 2022
I would say G1 is easier to use. Its fast enough, spinny enough, has very good arc and lift. Most people would play better with G1.

But Z2 is like a hyped up Dignics 64. It's very fast, very responsive, grippy. But it has a difficult and low throw angle.

For me, I would pick Z2 because its more exciting and dynamic. But if I had to train for 3 months to win a match to save my life, G1 might be easier to handle and might end up playing better with it. I would need to test both of these against each other to know for sure.
Is BH flick easy with G1?

I would say that the Z2 is like a lame T05. It has less of evething, less speed, less catatapult and of course less spin. But lots more control (sorry @brokenball). The better control makes a lot of differences in the short game, nowhere here as many kill shots. It’s a nice rubber though I like it.

One more thing, some people have the hardness to 50. I can’t believe that, it feels more like 45ish…

Cheers
L-zr

Last edited:
Reactions: JJ Ng
Nov 2022
Backhand
I accidentally hit the table lightly when I did a BH loop, but the rubber thorned so badly.

20230722_195653.jpg

Forehand
The worst part was that I didn't hit anything other than the ball. I think it's because of my FH loop, where I always hit the ball on the left side of the rubber.

20230722_195719.jpg

This has never happened with my previous rubbers.

Because of this, I won't buy Stiga Mantra any more, but I liked it, so I might buy a rubber that ‘behaves’ the same. I was thinking of BTY Rozena.

What do you think?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
I would say that the Z2 is like a lame T05. It has less of evething, less speed, less catatapult and of course less spin. But lots more control (sorry @brokenball). The better control makes a lot of differences in the short game, nowhere here as many kill shots. It’s a nice rubber though I like it.

Cheers
L-zr
I don’t agree fully here - Z2 is a little slower but I find it offers just as much spin and dynamics as T05 but with better touch and control/sensitivity.

I don’t agree fully here - Z2 is a little slower but I find it offers just as much spin and dynamics as T05 but with better touch and control/sensitivity.
Hell no it’s a huge difference. I went from T05 to Z2 exactly for this reason.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023

One more thing, some people have the hardness to 50. I can’t believe that, it feels more like 45ish…

Cheers
L-zr
Thank you for your feedback. Thanks to @TensorBackhand for his feedback too.

I am going to pass on Z2. I will stick with C-1 for now on my backhand (my forehand has always been H3 and i don't see that changing soon. I have a 729 Battleship II blue spone that just arrived 2 days ago from Aliexpress. I might try that on my forehand soon but I am not in a hurry). Then as my backhand progresses, I will go to G-1. Then at the next stage I will try Z2.

I am about 1700 in USATT ratings. The odd thing is I used to play penhold so I am used to blocking aggressively on my backhand. And I loved loved G-1. It was very direct. The ball is linear. It is fast but not too fast. The ball will go wherever you want it to go.

Then I switched to carbon blade, and G-1 is just weird. Then I discovered 2.0mm C-1 and I found out that I don't have to block on my backhand anymore. Looping from my backhand side against backspin or side spin serves becomes very easy! So C-1 and Rakza 7 soft at 2.0mm sponge are here to stay with me for a while. Now I finally have the confidence to develop my backhand loop which will be key for me to move up to the 1800-2000 range for sure. Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
Thank you for your feedback. Thanks to @TensorBackhand for his feedback too.

I am going to pass on Z2. I will stick with C-1 for now on my backhand (my forehand has always been H3 and i don't see that changing soon. I have a 729 Battleship II blue spone that just arrived 2 days ago from Aliexpress. I might try that on my forehand soon but I am not in a hurry). Then as my backhand progresses, I will go to G-1. Then at the next stage I will try Z2.

I am about 1700 in USATT ratings. The odd thing is I used to play penhold so I am used to blocking aggressively on my backhand. And I loved loved G-1. It was very direct. The ball is linear. It is fast but not too fast. The ball will go wherever you want it to go.

Then I switched to carbon blade, and G-1 is just weird. Then I discovered 2.0mm C-1 and I found out that I don't have to block on my backhand anymore. Looping from my backhand side against backspin or side spin serves becomes very easy! So C-1 and Rakza 7 soft at 2.0mm sponge are here to stay with me for a while. Now I finally have the confidence to develop my backhand loop which will be key for me to move up to the 1800-2000 range for sure. Thanks!
Skid the Z 2, go straight to D09c.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Hopefully you got the real thing…

Cheers
L-zr
I second that.

I have checked out pricing for Stiga and Tibhar rubbers on Aliexpress and clearly the prices are not even competitive; In other words, it is more expensive for me to order Stiga and Tibhar rubbers on Aliexpress than for me to get them through TT11 and Dandoy.

I also noticed some fake Tenergy on Aliexpress.

However, if the person has special connections to a chinese dealer directly, bypassing Aliexpress, maybe he did get the real deal.