Nittaku Hina Hayata H2 Review

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
Hayata personal prototype blade looks for me like thick blade with hinoki top ply and slim core... Which is the reason why I think it is hinoki as top ply. Septear carbon has 3 plies glued as core for example.
It is not classic 5+2 and this hayata h2 is just business move for their loyal clients as more Japanese royal h5 provincial version
Great review.
If you will have more time maybe you should make H2,w968,Tmxi Pro comparison review as thread which will be the most useful thing

Last edited:
says On a never ending EJ journey
says On a never ending EJ journey
Jun 2023
Hayata blade looks for me like thick blade with hinoki top ply and slim core... Which is the reason why I think it is hinoki as top ply. Septear carbon has 3 plies glued as core for example.
It is not classic 5+2 and this hayata h2 is just business move for their loyal clients as more Japanese royal h5 provincial version
Great review.
If you will have more time maybe you should make H2,w968,Tmxi Pro comparison review as thread which will be the most useful thing
The blade is definitely 5+2. You can see the layers here https://www.nittaku.com/products/rackets/post-154
All other websites selling it have said the same thing.
Core is one layer of ayous (look at the holes in the wood). Top is limba (hinoki is smoother and doesn’t have as many parallel grooves running down the wood).

Yeah I can do that, just gotta change the rubbers on my H2 to the same H3N and O7P as my TMXi Pro and W968. Won’t happen for a week or two as I’m currently out of town.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
The blade is definitely 5+2. You can see the layers here https://www.nittaku.com/products/rackets/post-154
All other websites selling it have said the same thing.
Core is one layer of ayous (look at the holes in the wood). Top is limba (hinoki is smoother and doesn’t have as many parallel grooves running down the wood).

Yeah I can do that, just gotta change the rubbers on my H2 to the same H3N and O7P as my TMXi Pro and W968. Won’t happen for a week or two as I’m currently out of town.
I AM talkin about her personal prototype which is not standard composition. The Nittaku H2 is 5+2.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
The W968 has the smallest handles out of those three; sometimes I feel like it's too small for me so I feel like it would work for you. I think the TMXi Pro handle is slightly larger than the H2 but it feels more comfortable. The shoulders of the H2 are pretty wide so it rubs against the side of my middle finger.
My current blade also has wide "wings".
There's like two types of blade wings, butterfly's (which TMXi pro has) and like dhs/stiga's. They have those wide wings that nittaku has on the H2. I sanded the wings on mine and it felt much better.

Problem with these head heavy blades is that the forehand-backhand transition is more dependent on your pinch strength, man does it hurt. I gotta reduce the weight somewhere.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Just to add my thoughts to this, and having played with my H2 for a few weeks - rubbers are T05FX BH & T05 FH.

Mine weighs 90g and feels just slightly head heavy, but pretty well balanced all told. I have recently tried Xiom AJH TMXI, which I didn't like much and Butterfly Innerforce ALC that I think is great and my reference blade.
I have had a W968 provincial fairly recently too.

On balance I agree with the OP's review - this is a really nice blade that seems to capture all of what I like about the Innerforce, but with a crisper and slightly faster, more dynamic feel. My one criticism of the Innerforce was that in comparison to my Viscaria, it just lacked a little crispness and was not as dynamic - the H2 seems to go at least some way towards bridging that gap. I prefer it to the W968 as it just feels more alive and a little more linear.

With T05 it's pretty fast but has decent control. It's great for looping and suits my offensive game well.

It's an expensive blade but is well made and certainly looks good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Having gotten the So-ten instead of the H2 due to price, I could get two So-ten's for 1 H2.
If So-ten is a toned down H2, then I can't believe how good it is on backhand.
I have O7pro on backhand on my So-ten and backhand flips are unbelievably safe and clean.
Forehand's lacking power though, I'll see if I can mitigate it by using 41 degrees H3 blue sponge.

But extremely fun to play with it, it's just so safe on both wings, I like the crisp feedback.
Can you maybe clarify what the difference is between the two for you?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
The Soten is a toned down version of the H2. Easier to put on table but the ball quality is significantly worse. If you value high consistency and ease of play, it’s not a bad choice. I would recommend foregoing the Soten and choosing the H2 instead. The Soten is nothing special and feels similar to slightly stiffer Harimoto IF ALC.

As for the Gyoen, I haven’t tried enough rubbers on it for a definitive opinion on it. I put Fastarc G1 on it and it’s completely unplayable; the feeling is very mushy and doesn’t feel like an outer ALC at all. I might put my standard rubber set up of DHS H3N BS on FH and D09C/Xiom O7 Pro on BH and try again at a later time.

Just as a side note; I’ve been playing with AJH’s rubber set up on the TMXi Pro and I can see why he chose this set up (DHS H3N BS and Xiom O7P). The backhand feels amazing and addresses one of the major shortcomings of the W968.
Im hoping this is true as I am gonna order a H2 and try to compare it with my So-ten. My wallet is gonna take a hit for sure though. What rubbers have you tried and liked on the H2?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
How'd it go using the TMXi Pro? Was there something lacking or didn't fit your style. Weight is an issue, big headsize, biggest I'd ever use if I bought it.

Have you played your H2 yet? I've played H3N blue sponge on FH. It feels great but with a hollow feel which reminds me of Stiga. Not my liking.

says Feel the ball first.
says Feel the ball first.
Oct 2022
How'd it go using the TMXi Pro? Was there something lacking or didn't fit your style. Weight is an issue, big headsize, biggest I'd ever use if I bought it.
It lacked on balance and feeling. Also mine was not so fast (frequency between 1220Hz and 1290Hz), so it lacked also the high speed gear you need nowadays to finish the point.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
H2 sound is weird so I skipped my first choice. I had An Jaehyun classic which was hard and fast and without any feedback and sold it then I get my second An Jaehyun which is a lot better and stay in my collection. I bought Tmxi Pro just to compare and it is slow but with flavor. I dont like headsize of Pro but the craftmanship is top notch. Big value for the money