Nittaku Hina Hayata H2 Review

says On a never ending EJ journey
Jun 2023
Hi all, this is my first review so please bear with me. Like many of you, I’m sort of an EJ and have been rotating through a wide variety of blades and rubbers lately. I usually have about 10 blades that have rubbers and I’ll often switch the rubbers between blades. Some of the blades I’m rotating through include the DHS W968, Nittaku Soten, Nittaku Gyoen, Xiom TMXi Pro, Joola ZQH 90, FZD ALC, and most recently the NIttaku Hina Hayata H2. I tried looking up reviews for this blade but there aren’t really any besides Gan’s Youtube review. I’ve gotta say, this is probably one of the best hidden gems out there and now currently one of my top 5 blades. If I had to describe it, it has somewhat the flexibility of the W968 on FH shots while retaining the stiffness and stability of the FZD ALC on BH shots. It’s pretty amazing.

My blade stats:
88g, FL
FH: Dignics 05 2.1
BH: Dignics 05 2.1
Head size: 158 mm x 152 mm

For background, the Nittaku Hina Hayata H2 blade is an oversized inner carbon blade designed for players who want a combination of power and control. It’s your common Limba – Limba – Carbon – Ayous – Carbon – Limba – Limba archetype. The carbon is a new material called "PKC", which combines Kevlar with high elastic modulus (PET) and carbon. For me, the two biggest takeaways from this blade were sheer ball quality, especially on low power shots, and stability. In close to the table play, the blade feels like a wooden blade and is very controllable, slightly bouncier than a W968. A huge strength of this blade are the flicks and flips. My balls were going across the net with high speed and quality, while being very very controllable – something that is a lot harder for me to do with the W968. I’m not sure how Nittaku did it or if it’s the combination with the rubbers, but I felt confident in all my shots. I believe it’s because the carbon layer engages really early, even with low power. However, the flexibility of the blade allows you to control your shots. My balls rarely went off the table. Far away from the table, the carbon layer give you more than enough power and the blade creates a nice arc that makes the balls land consistently. This combination gives the blade a soft hitting feel with a delicate ball touch, while also providing explosive power. The large blade shape maximizes the flexibility that creates a sense of rotation and stability.

On FH loops and drives, the blade is more than flexible enough for nice loops. It’s definitely a lot easier than my Viscaria and FZD ALC. You won’t get the monster spin and amazing ball quality that you see with the W968, but the sheer ease of getting a sufficient quality shot makes up for it. When I play with the W968, I feel like I have to have amazing footwork and position myself correctly most of the time to get a very high quality shot. The BH was probably one of my biggest surprises. Because the carbon engages really early, the blade mostly feels like a stiff and stable outer ALC blade on BH to BH rallies. I would say it’s probably 90% BH quality that I usually get with my FZD ALC.

Overall, I would say the W968 probably has a higher ceiling and lower floor for ball quality. But if you’re an amateur like me, this blade is probably the better option, primarily because of the consistency of the quality of your shots. Using an arbitrary measurement, I would say the ball quality of my W968 would range from like 20%-100%, whereas with this blade, it’s more like 50% - 90%. The Hina Hayata H2 is a great blade for players who want to play an aggressive game. It is very good for looping and blocking, and it also has enough power for attacking. The blade is also very forgiving, so it is a good choice for players who are not very experienced.

Last edited:
Jun 2023
Thx for your nice report.
Can you compare it with your TMXI Pro Blade?
The TMXi Pro is one of my favorite blades. It’s between the H2 and the W968. The H2 feels more like ZLC so the TMXi Pro makes sense since there’s a combination of ALC and ZLC. It’s slightly slower than H2 but greater control. Faster than W968 and a lot easier to play.

Honestly, the differences in feeling between W968, TMXi Pro and H2 aren’t huge and it’s easy to transition from one to the other.

Reactions: Robo and turbozed

40+

This user has no status.

40+

This user has no status.
Jun 2020
The TMXi Pro is one of my favorite blades. It’s between the H2 and the W968. The H2 feels more like ZLC so the TMXi Pro makes sense since there’s a combination of ALC and ZLC. It’s slightly slower than H2 but greater control. Faster than W968 and a lot easier to play.

Honestly, the differences in feeling between W968, TMXi Pro and H2 aren’t huge and it’s easy to transition from one to the other.
How about Nittaku So-Ten... Would it be somewhat an easier (more amateur friendly) version of H2?

I'm also interested in understanding more about Gyo-en, in comparison to other popular ALC outer blades, if you have insights to share.

Hi all, this is my first review so please bear with me. Like many of you, I’m sort of an EJ and have been rotating through a wide variety of blades and rubbers lately. I usually have about 10 blades that have rubbers and I’ll often switch the rubbers between blades. Some of the blades I’m rotating through include the DHS W968, Nittaku Soten, Nittaku Gyoen, Xiom TMXi Pro, Joola ZQH 90, FZD ALC, and most recently the NIttaku Hina Hayata H2. I tried looking up reviews for this blade but there aren’t really any besides Gan’s Youtube review. I’ve gotta say, this is probably one of the best hidden gems out there and now currently one of my top 5 blades. If I had to describe it, it has somewhat the flexibility of the W968 on FH shots while retaining the stiffness and stability of the FZD ALC on BH shots. It’s pretty amazing.

My blade stats:
88g, FL
FH: Dignics 05 2.1
BH: Dignics 05 2.1
Head size: 158 mm x 152 mm

Sebagai latar belakang, bilah Nittaku Hina Hayata H2 adalah bilah karbon dalam berukuran besar yang dirancang untuk pemain yang menginginkan kombinasi kekuatan dan kontrol. Ini adalah pola dasar Limba – Limba – Karbon – Ayous – Karbon – Limba – Limba Anda. Karbon adalah bahan baru yang disebut "PKC", yang menggabungkan Kevlar dengan modulus elastisitas tinggi (PET) dan karbon. Bagi saya, dua keuntungan terbesar dari blade ini adalah kualitas bola yang luar biasa, terutama pada tembakan berdaya rendah, dan stabilitas. Di dekat permainan meja, bilahnya terasa seperti bilah kayu dan sangat dapat dikontrol, sedikit lebih memantul daripada W968. Kekuatan besar dari pedang ini adalah jentikan dan jungkir balik. Bola saya melewati net dengan kecepatan dan kualitas tinggi, sekaligus sangat terkendali – sesuatu yang jauh lebih sulit untuk saya lakukan dengan W968. Saya tidak yakin bagaimana Nittaku melakukannya atau kombinasinya dengan karet, tapi saya merasa percaya diri dengan semua pukulan saya. Saya percaya itu karena lapisan karbon bekerja sangat awal, bahkan dengan daya rendah. Namun, fleksibilitas bilahnya memungkinkan Anda mengontrol bidikan Anda. Bola saya jarang lepas dari meja. Jauh dari meja, lapisan karbon memberi Anda tenaga lebih dari cukup dan bilahnya menciptakan busur yang bagus yang membuat bola mendarat secara konsisten. Kombinasi ini memberikan rasa pukulan yang lembut pada bilah dengan sentuhan bola yang halus, sekaligus memberikan daya ledak. Bentuk bilah yang besar memaksimalkan fleksibilitas yang menciptakan rasa rotasi dan stabilitas. fleksibilitas bilah memungkinkan Anda mengontrol bidikan Anda. Bola saya jarang lepas dari meja. Jauh dari meja, lapisan karbon memberi Anda tenaga lebih dari cukup dan bilahnya menciptakan busur yang bagus yang membuat bola mendarat secara konsisten. Kombinasi ini memberikan rasa pukulan yang lembut pada bilah dengan sentuhan bola yang halus, sekaligus memberikan daya ledak. Bentuk bilah yang besar memaksimalkan fleksibilitas yang menciptakan rasa rotasi dan stabilitas. fleksibilitas bilah memungkinkan Anda mengontrol bidikan Anda. Bola saya jarang lepas dari meja. Jauh dari meja, lapisan karbon memberi Anda tenaga lebih dari cukup dan bilahnya menciptakan busur yang bagus yang membuat bola mendarat secara konsisten. Kombinasi ini memberikan rasa pukulan yang lembut pada bilah dengan sentuhan bola yang halus, sekaligus memberikan daya ledak. Bentuk bilah yang besar memaksimalkan fleksibilitas yang menciptakan rasa rotasi dan stabilitas.

Pada loop dan drive FH, blade lebih dari cukup fleksibel untuk loop yang bagus. Ini jelas jauh lebih mudah daripada Viscaria dan FZD ALC saya. Anda tidak akan mendapatkan putaran monster dan kualitas bola yang luar biasa seperti yang Anda lihat dengan W968, tetapi kemudahan untuk mendapatkan bidikan kualitas yang memadai membuatnya sepadan. Saat saya bermain dengan W968, saya merasa harus memiliki gerak kaki yang luar biasa dan sering kali memosisikan diri dengan benar untuk mendapatkan bidikan berkualitas sangat tinggi. BH mungkin adalah salah satu kejutan terbesar saya. Karena karbon terlibat sangat awal, bilah sebagian besar terasa seperti bilah ALC luar yang kaku dan stabil pada reli BH ke BH. Menurut saya kualitasnya mungkin 90% BH yang biasanya saya dapatkan dengan FZD ALC saya.

Secara keseluruhan, menurut saya W968 mungkin memiliki langit-langit yang lebih tinggi dan lantai yang lebih rendah untuk kualitas bola. Tetapi jika Anda seorang amatir seperti saya, bilah ini mungkin merupakan pilihan yang lebih baik, terutama karena konsistensi kualitas bidikan Anda. Dengan menggunakan pengukuran acak, menurut saya kualitas bola W968 saya akan berkisar antara 20%-100%, sedangkan dengan bilah ini, lebih seperti 50% - 90%. Hina Hayata H2 adalah pedang yang bagus untuk pemain yang ingin memainkan permainan agresif. Ini sangat bagus untuk melakukan looping dan blocking, dan juga memiliki kekuatan yang cukup untuk menyerang. Bilahnya juga sangat pemaaf, jadi ini adalah pilihan yang bagus untuk pemain yang tidak terlalu berpengalaman.
Thank's

Jun 2023
How about Nittaku So-Ten... Would it be somewhat an easier (more amateur friendly) version of H2?

I'm also interested in understanding more about Gyo-en, in comparison to other popular ALC outer blades, if you have insights to share.
The Soten is a toned down version of the H2. Easier to put on table but the ball quality is significantly worse. If you value high consistency and ease of play, it’s not a bad choice. I would recommend foregoing the Soten and choosing the H2 instead. The Soten is nothing special and feels similar to slightly stiffer Harimoto IF ALC.

As for the Gyoen, I haven’t tried enough rubbers on it for a definitive opinion on it. I put Fastarc G1 on it and it’s completely unplayable; the feeling is very mushy and doesn’t feel like an outer ALC at all. I might put my standard rubber set up of DHS H3N BS on FH and D09C/Xiom O7 Pro on BH and try again at a later time.

Just as a side note; I’ve been playing with AJH’s rubber set up on the TMXi Pro and I can see why he chose this set up (DHS H3N BS and Xiom O7P). The backhand feels amazing and addresses one of the major shortcomings of the W968.

40+

This user has no status.

40+

This user has no status.
Jun 2020
The Soten is a toned down version of the H2. Easier to put on table but the ball quality is significantly worse. If you value high consistency and ease of play, it’s not a bad choice. I would recommend foregoing the Soten and choosing the H2 instead. The Soten is nothing special and feels similar to slightly stiffer Harimoto IF ALC.

As for the Gyoen, I haven’t tried enough rubbers on it for a definitive opinion on it. I put Fastarc G1 on it and it’s completely unplayable; the feeling is very mushy and doesn’t feel like an outer ALC at all. I might put my standard rubber set up of DHS H3N BS on FH and D09C/Xiom O7 Pro on BH and try again at a later time.

Just as a side note; I’ve been playing with AJH’s rubber set up on the TMXi Pro and I can see why he chose this set up (DHS H3N BS and Xiom O7P). The backhand feels amazing and addresses one of the major shortcomings of the W968.
Thanks a lot for the insights. I'm sold on bypassing So-Ten for H2.

Jun 2023
Any idea why Hayata appears to be playing with the Gyo-en now (at least the prototype design handle)? Could it be just an H2 with the Gyo-en handle?

Kinda odd how she would not be playing with her own namesake blade, especially since it seems like everyone agrees that it's a very good blade.
I don’t think she is. If you take a look at her equipment on Ping Sunday you can see that the bottom of her blade is red. The Gyoen has a black outline and is black at the bottom. I would be somewhat surprised if she is using an outer ALC blade as it seems most of the top Asian players are all using an inner carbon blade now; especially given the recent equipment changes (WCQ, SYS, LJK).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
I don’t think she is. If you take a look at her equipment on Ping Sunday you can see that the bottom of her blade is red. The Gyoen has a black outline and is black at the bottom. I would be somewhat surprised if she is using an outer ALC blade as it seems most of the top Asian players are all using an inner carbon blade now; especially given the recent equipment changes (WCQ, SYS, LJK).

The blade looks exactly like a Gyo-en. See the picture of the blades near the bottom of this page https://www.nittaku.com/products/rackets/post-158

Not really up for debate imo.

Attachments

• japans-hina-hayata-front-competes-against-chinas-wang-yidi-in-a-womens-singles-quarterfinal-ma...jpg
    japans-hina-hayata-front-competes-against-chinas-wang-yidi-in-a-womens-singles-quarterfinal-ma...jpg
    107 KB · Views: 453
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Bet

Between those 3 blades, what can you say about their handles? Are some better for small hands or are they like viscaria's (which is too bulky for me). I got somewhat small hands and I need smaller handles to comfortably adjust my grip during play.

Jun 2023
Bet

Between those 3 blades, what can you say about their handles? Are some better for small hands or are they like viscaria's (which is too bulky for me). I got somewhat small hands and I need smaller handles to comfortably adjust my grip during play.
The W968 has the smallest handles out of those three; sometimes I feel like it's too small for me so I feel like it would work for you. I think the TMXi Pro handle is slightly larger than the H2 but it feels more comfortable. The shoulders of the H2 are pretty wide so it rubs against the side of my middle finger.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
thanks for the review. Really want to try this Nittaku Hina H2. But cannot find any supplier
who seller chinese penhold handle.

Jun 2023
Excellent review. Now how does the H2 blade feel with your main rubber setup of H3N BS and Xiom O7 Pro? Maybe the D05 makes all blades feel better to play with.
Haven’t tried it yet. I will say though, I’ve used D05 on my Viscaria and the D05 feels better on this blade, specifically in flicks. The balls are faster and because the throw angle of this blade is lower, balls also land more consistently with my BH with D05 using H2. I actually don’t like D05 as much anymore just because I feel like I need the extra grip D09C provides or the extra hardness and low throw angle of O7P. Only added D05 since they were spare rubbers I had left after switching another setup.