Nittaku New Products 2024

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
This popped up in my feed:

0. New shoes designed in collaboration with Yonex
1. New Genextion rubber will be the fastest and most expensive Nittaku rubber.
2. New Hammond Z2 will be 5 degrees softer to accomodate juniors and less physical players
3. New high priced short pips Grastory 44
4. New Acoustic G-TYPE redesigned for male players. Thicker handle and the wings are modified a bit for a firmer grip.

Reactions: muhammad
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Looks like the G-REVISION Acoustics are already listed for sale on TT-Japan and Kokusai Takkyu. Available in all-wood, carbon and inner carbon styles. Around $100-$120 price range.

I think I might have to pick one up (either the all-wood or inner carbon) in a week or two when I get to Tokyo, along with the Tenaly.

Reactions: rbtitco
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
I keep waiting for a 40+ Premium yellow ball. Not sure what happened, but yellow used to be more prevalent that white back in the day. Better visibility against a lot of backgrounds. Nexcel aren't bad but I would prefer Premiums.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
I'm afraid Genextion will go the way of Sieger PK50. The yen is at an all-time low. Why would anyone buy that instead of Dignics?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
I'm afraid Genextion will go the way of Sieger PK50. The yen is at an all-time low. Why would anyone buy that instead of Dignics?
A low yen makes it cheaper for international buyers. Seiger PK50 is only $30 here in Vietnam, for example. And stuff like G-1 are approaching $30 if I buy it in Japan. With some value Chinese brands like 729 and Loki selling their higher end rubbers for $20-$30 on Aliexpress, Nittaku is now a more viable option even for value hunters like me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews
I think Nittaku Acoustic is a product that they have produced with "trial & error" in mind:

<Introduction of their new blade --> Acoustic>
This is our excellent, out of the world, Acoustic........ wait, the handle is too small for human hands.

<few years later>
Don't worry.... we have Acoustic with LG (large handle) now...... wait, wait,.... this feels like holding a chair leg....

<few years later>
Aha..... we have Acoustic SG now..... This is the perfect handle for Acoustic..... wait, wait.... why there are no uproar regarding this new improved handle. It is supposed to be the perfect handle......

<NOW> (after 15 - 20 years later since the introduction of Acoustic)
FINALLY..... we produce the perfect Acoustic G-Type...... COME ON, there will be no complain now, right?.... RIGHT?....RIGHT?

Reactions: turbozed
Jan 2018
Nittaku is an (extremely) domestic-oriented company. This nature is reflected in its name, literally a portmanteau of 球/Nippon Takkyu/Japan Table Tennis.

In terms of shipping amount, Nittaku, likely due to its 40+ ABS ball (the only manufacturer in Japan) and dominance in the large ball (44 mm), is even higher than Butterfly. Outside of Japan, Nittaku has opened an office in China only. Compare that with Butterfly, which has an office in Europe (handling the markets of Middle East and Africa as well), China, South Korea, and Thailand.

2019 Table Tennis Share
Rank Company Shipping Amount (mil. yen) Share (%)
1 Nittaku 3432 25.5
2 Butterfly 2684 19.9
3 Victas 2470 18.3
4 Mizuno 1473 10.9
5 Yasaka 745 5.5
6 Others 2676 19.9
Total 13480 100%

Last edited:
Reactions: rbtitco
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
I think Nittaku Acoustic is a product that they have produced with "trial & error" in mind:

<Introduction of their new blade --> Acoustic>
This is our excellent, out of the world, Acoustic........ wait, the handle is too small for human hands.

<few years later>
Don't worry.... we have Acoustic with LG (large handle) now...... wait, wait,.... this feels like holding a chair leg....

<few years later>
Aha..... we have Acoustic SG now..... This is the perfect handle for Acoustic..... wait, wait.... why there are no uproar regarding this new improved handle. It is supposed to be the perfect handle......

<NOW> (after 15 - 20 years later since the introduction of Acoustic)
FINALLY..... we produce the perfect Acoustic G-Type...... COME ON, there will be no complain now, right?.... RIGHT?....RIGHT?

I really liked the feel of the Acoustic but the handle was way too small and I ended up selling it. Now I'm seriously considering getting a G-REVISION since it seems to be fixing a lot of the issues with the handle. I also appreciate thinning down the wings too since they definitely were wider than the blades I've played with since.

Unfortunately it comes out on June 1st and I'm only going to be in Tokyo until May 31st. I'm actually considering changing my flight to a few days later just to buy one lol

This user has no status.
wtf is about the 44+ balls?!?! Is it something i should afraid of?
38>40>40+>44+ .... in a couple of years we will play ball in size of handball. I'm starting to get scared
No it's a thing in Japan called "large ball" that is primarily played by the elderly. It's been a thing there for many many years.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
In the video are they comparing G-revision handle to the normal acoustic handle or the LG?

with the wings curved more it kind of looks like the anti-cybershape. You make a hexagon? We will make a perfect circle!

This popped up in my feed:

0. New shoes designed in collaboration with Yonex
1. New Genextion rubber will be the fastest and most expensive Nittaku rubber.
2. New Hammond Z2 will be 5 degrees softer to accomodate juniors and less physical players
3. New high priced short pips Grastory 44
4. New Acoustic G-TYPE redesigned for male players. Thicker handle and the wings are modified a bit for a firmer grip.
Sorry.Are they saying that theyll be making a softer verson of Z2 in addition to the original Z2 or all the Z2 Hammond rubbers will be made 5 deg softer?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
Sieger PK50 wouldn't have been discontinued in that case. Why? Because people don't buy it when there are better choices given the low yen.
that is why it is NOT discontinued. Stop spreading these fake news. It is still sold on nittaku's own website in europe.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Read 1 reviews
Acoustic SG 24.5 x 33.5
Long 5 26 x 33
Bo Carbon 24 x 34.5

At first I've thought it maybe similar to long5 or w968 but
Acoustic G-revision says 24.5 and photo seems its wider than regular Acoustic.
And there are no SG handle in their product list, so as I understand they are re-marketing SG handle?
1711106315426.png
https://www.nittaku.com/products/rackets/post-172

Jan 2018
that is why it is NOT discontinued. Stop spreading these fake news. It is still sold on nittaku's own website in europe.
I dare you to look it up on nittaku.com, the domestic site.

Better yet, I looked it up for you.

https://www.nittaku.com/nittaku-news/topics/post-3862
https://www.nittaku.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/7834ac5c071bd648efd46551dc882376.pdf
カテゴリー 品番 製品名 備考
ラバー NR-8728 ズィーガーPK50

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Acoustic SG 24.5 x 33.5
Long 5 26 x 33
Bo Carbon 24 x 34.5

At first I've thought it maybe similar to long5 or w968 but
Acoustic G-revision says 24.5 and photo seems its wider than regular Acoustic.
And there are no SG handle in their product list, so as I understand they are re-marketing SG handle?
View attachment 28909 https://www.nittaku.com/products/rackets/post-172
The new G revision is listed as 24.5 width too (at the thinnest point presumably) so it might be same as SG special at least in terms of handle width.

This user has no status.
Nittaku is an (extremely) domestic-oriented company. This nature is reflected in its name, literally a portmanteau of 球/Nippon Takkyu.

In terms of shipping amount, Nittaku, likely due to its 40+ ABS ball (the only manufacturer in Japan) and dominance in the large ball (44 mm), is even higher than Butterfly. Outside of Japan, Nittaku has opened an office in China only. Compare that with Butterfly, which has an office in Europe (handling the markets of Middle East and Africa as well), China, South Korea, and Thailand.

2019 Table Tennis Share
Rank Company Shipping Amount (mil. yen) Share (%)
1 Nittaku 3432 25.5
2 Butterfly 2684 19.9
3 Victas 2470 18.3
4 Mizuno 1473 10.9
5 Yasaka 745 5.5
6 Others 2676 19.9
Total 13480 100%
well the Nittaku 3+++ was and is one of the best balls ever produced and played.
It has the same Mystique as some other Brands Like DHS with Hurricane or Butterfly with their Tensor or Brand in general.
I must say i am a fan of Nittaku,i loved the Balls and think the Fastarc Series was unbelievable,and the Factive is my most prefered entry level Tensor nowadays.
But i must admit i Play the normal Glayzer on Bh,so who iam to judge.
But Made in Japan is and was a Quality in table tennis which was Made in Germany with Automobiles.
And sry if i didnt mention the chinese Producers not as much,but back then they weren´t available so not as recognised in Germany or Europe,which Japan Producers saw earlier.
The Qc was lacking somewhat or it was Propaganda,dont want to instigate anything but,729,etc was "seen" as "Cheap STuff" back then.
But China is now the worlds Number ! Producer,worldwide in almost all newer things.
I admit freely as a Audio Engineer,I am still astonished by the "chi-Fi" Secor and their new CHips,hardware,and electronics.
But i think that doesn´t fit into a TT Forum,so sry to Write novels here.
But i love the Forum,cause it is one of the most modern,free and has the best members and Admins,etc as others.
SO Cheers Up to TTD!
P:S: PLs let Jan Ove Waldner write his own column here about his off days in Germany,i heard some legendary"cough" Stories.
You can learn not only TT from him,Dan!

Last edited:
Reactions: zeio