Non-shrinking ESN rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Why don't Chinese porous sponges shrink?

Read my answer and you'll know why ;) a chinese porous sponge is nothing more than an hybrid ESN/Jap rubber, that's why many people here uses the H8, H8-80, H3-50 or H3 37°

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I don't understand. I have some Chinese rubbers like Loki GTX and Palio Hadou 40+ and Reactor Ckylin Pro. All of these have very large visible pores. But they don't seem to shrink at all.

• Haha
Reactions: OldUser
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Exactly, the air cells deflate, less air = less catapult. That's why many people find the old shrunk ESN/Jap rubbers to be slow after 6 months.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Exactly, the air cells deflate, less air = less catapult. That's why many people find the old shrunk ESN/Jap rubbers to be slow after 6 months.

Oh that's a bit depressing to find out. I wish I hadn't taken the Presto Speed rubber off the blade then.

Should I put booster on it to try to re-inflate the air cells?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022

Oh that's a bit depressing to find out. I wish I hadn't taken the Presto Speed rubber off the blade then.

It will not do more to let the rubber on the blade for more time to prevent from this issue: it's a physics issue, as long as there's air in ANYTHING, it will deflate with time: tires, any team sport ball, Nike Air Max sneakers (I got one old pair of those Air Max 90 sneakers that is damn hard now), and the list goes on and on...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
And yes indeed that's why some people put booster in those rubbers to get them back at the right dimension.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

I have a Presto Max Spin that shrunk a bit, and I added a couple of layers of the TT REvolution No.3 booster to the sponge, and it got the bounce back and added a bit of soft feeling it din't have before. And it got a bit bigger again. Perhaps it will work the same with your Presto Speed?

Reactions: OldUser
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Another example: fitness shoes. Nike has now completely given up on Air midsoles and does like Reebok with the Nano X series. The Reebok Nano X, X1 and X2 have an oil midsole, exactly like you would do with a chinese tacky rubber with a hard sponge boosted with oil. I've got 2 pairs of Nano X1, the first one is starting the be harder now after 9 months of use, my new Nano X2 have a thicker oil boostered midsole, and they have way more of a catapult effect for plyometrics exercises.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Thanks maybe i will try that. Brand new this was one of my favorite bh rubbers. But ive been irritated that it shrunk after i tried it on a new blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Yep. Also confused about what I'm reading here. Any high tension rubber will shrink if you glue it on and subsequently remove it. I always cut my rubber sheets slightly large to avoid this problem. G-1 will absolutely shrink if you peel it off (mine just did this).

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one to experience that. I just peeled and re-glued a Fastarc G1 Red sheet in the relatively new Max thickness. It shrank a little, but seems less than the previous red ones I had in 2.0 mm that shrank a lot. Really liking the Max - feels a little softer, but easier to generate more spin with (for me at least!) especially on serves. I hope it will be as legendarily durable as the super thick G1's. It should be as the sponge composition/top sheet look the same.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

I like to also add, it doesn't only shrink after you peel it off.
If you do a very good cut, you an actually notice the edge of the blade getting bigger and bigger (meaning it is shrinking on the blade, and the edge is appearing).

And of course that is time that the effect of the tension is gone.
You peel it off and it looses 1cm or around the side.

Add two layers on booster, and magic. That 1 cm is back.

So where did that 1 cm go?