Old blue logo Stiga Kjell "The Hammer" Johansson

This user has no status.
I usually don't "jump the gun" and post things in advance but im a little to happy about an email I got this morning.

I am the winner of an tradera aouction that ended last night!

My new pet project: (sellers image)

765ebbb62d66e07b4ab51f10cb442eef.jpg

0ad6a95da64e7c6cf6d9d70289d3c03a.jpg

5f257e92ebc88023ed4eda8628426f6b.jpg

f63635d4910fea223abcd1b66cb53437.jpg

Wiiiiiiiiie!!! :D

Hope it's in the nice shape the seller images show..

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
Wow, thanks! But no.
I actually think the Kjell Johansson blade will be a good test. Everyone talks about these old stigas and how well they play.
If it's going to beat the Banda for first place in my heart it will have to be both light and produce insane amount of gears (when paird with the right rubbers). Todays training just solidified my previous thaughts about the Banda. Such a wonderful feeling playing it. Superb control and strangely enough, alot more speed than the Hybrid Wood. If it ony were a little lighter... but then again it would not play as good.

Will be interesting to see how the Kjell does! If it doesent fit, the market seems flaming hot for them.. :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
That weight is fine. If you get used to it that will be a magic blade. That being said this Stiga Kjell Johansson blade looks awesome. My money says it plays like a dream too. Now you will have "The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioc" and "Excalibur".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Giangt
This user has no status.
I have one of those blades. I look forward to reading your report.

Tinykin: id love to hear your thaughts of the blade!?
Ive only tried one with old original yasaka rubbers. The total setup was light and you felt the ball well in every stroke.
My guess is that you have to stick with 1.8-2.0 rubbers max.. to not trow the balance of the blade to much.. Also, it's kind of fragile, isn't it? :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Back then I am pretty sure handles were solid. The balance of the blade should be good. You can test it though. You balance the blade face on your finger and see how far towards the tip of the head (head heavy) or how close to the handle (handle heavy) your finger is when the blade balances.

says Aging is a killer
Tinykin: id love to hear your thaughts of the blade!?
Ive only tried one with old original yasaka rubbers. The total setup was light and you felt the ball well in every stroke.
My guess is that you have to stick with 1.8-2.0 rubbers max.. to not trow the balance of the blade to much.. Also, it's kind of fragile, isn't it? :)

Sorry, I should have made clear that mine still has on original rubbers. So it is more for me to stare at and for the family to shout at me about all the TT junk in the living room display cabinet.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Sorry, I should have made clear that mine still has on original rubbers. So it is more for me to stare at and for the family to shout at me about all the TT junk in the living room display cabinet.

Hahaha. That is awesome. My wife and daughter give me a hard time about that too. I can't figure out why! Hahaha. Too bad for them. I like looking at works of art like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Suga D and Liten
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
You've got your work cut out for you. But, those things may be fixable. The side of the racket definitely is. But you may be able to stabilize that cracking at the wing. Otherwise, it goes on the wall. It is still an cool collector's item.

Reactions: Suga D and Liten
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Im asking for som sort of refund or if they buy it back from me.. It's nice but if I cant use it Im not sure Ill put in the hours..

Smart. Use the photos to show that full disclosure of the condition was not warranted and that you would never have paid that much for a racket in such a damaged state.

Reactions: Liten