Players You Dislike

This user has no status.
I don't like Zhang Jike until he's a bit less arrogant and learns how to respect his teammates. I also don't like Ma Lin because he doesn't play very fair, often delaying points excessively, and always arguing over edge balls even though when it's clearly not in his favour. I also don't like those players who grunt excessively, especially Primorac and Ovtcharov, who are contenders for the worst grunter, when I see them play i need to turn down my speaker volumes...:mad:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Anybody who beats Soo Yoen Lee! After all who would really want to beat a pretty thing like that? Oh and a real good chopper also!
JM Saive I just don't like, the style of play, the way he celebrates a point or a win. I like his shorts though, don't know why no one wears something like that. Its like a running shorts from the 70s.

This user has no status.
I don't understand why people use 'grunting' as a criterion for dislike. There's nothing wrong with exerting effort during a point; shouldn't this be encouraged?

As for excessive cho'ing and 'perceived' arrogance after winning points or matches, I think this is a sign of confidence and should not be excoriated. That being said, I have only recently begun to like Zhang Jike. For the longest time, I thought he was too full of himself (especially after his WTTC 2010 celebration). However, I appreciate now that he is a spectacular player with a passion that we all have for table tennis; who are we to demonize him for expressing himself when he accomplishes his goals? Not everyone can be the perfect sportsman like Timo Boll!

All that aside, one player I do not ever enjoy watching is Maze. He is often lazy, his mental fortitude is lacking, and I rarely enjoy watching him play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Read 3 reviews
I don't understand people not liking ovtcharov. He reacts well when he loses and the grunts aren't on purpose. I played one time against him and when I saw him half a year later, he said hi when I saw him. I really respect all topplayers, everybody should respect them, even if you not really like them. You should really not judge to much, if you don't know somebody, think of your own worst behaviour during a match, I bad it wasn't good.

On topic: I do not really like Xu Xin, although I like how he plays. But after the time he 'stole' a point against Boll, I was pissed off, because Timo lost the match. I saw Xu Xin do this several times (5 or 6 times) and imagine the matches that aren't taped on video... so he does it pretty often...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
I don't understand people not liking ovtcharov. He reacts well when he loses and the grunts aren't on purpose. I played one time against him and when I saw him half a year later, he said hi when I saw him. I really respect all topplayers, everybody should respect them, even if you not really like them. You should really not judge to much, if you don't know somebody, think of your own worst behaviour during a match, I bad it wasn't good.

On topic: I do not really like Xu Xin, although I like how he plays. But after the time he 'stole' a point against Boll, I was pissed off, because Timo lost the match. I saw Xu Xin do this several times (5 or 6 times) and imagine the matches that aren't taped on video... so he does it pretty often...

How did Xu Xin steal a point?
And I don't like Ovtcharov because when he is losing points he starts making that loud Ahhhh noise every time AFTER(quite a lot after, not when he's hitting the ball) he hits the ball. That is just unbelieveable annoying and I think he is trying to steal points by doing it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I don't understand why people use 'grunting' as a criterion for dislike. There's nothing wrong with exerting effort during a point; shouldn't this be encouraged?

As for excessive cho'ing and 'perceived' arrogance after winning points or matches, I think this is a sign of confidence and should not be excoriated. That being said, I have only recently begun to like Zhang Jike. For the longest time, I thought he was too full of himself (especially after his WTTC 2010 celebration). However, I appreciate now that he is a spectacular player with a passion that we all have for table tennis; who are we to demonize him for expressing himself when he accomplishes his goals? Not everyone can be the perfect sportsman like Timo Boll!

All that aside, one player I do not ever enjoy watching is Maze. He is often lazy, his mental fortitude is lacking, and I rarely enjoy watching him play.

Don't you mean: I rarely watch him play? xD I think his behaviour has improved significantly since 2009. I've never ever seen him lazy though.
I don't think any top player is lazy. If you are lazy, you don't get that far.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
I dont have anything against players that do CHO.. no matter how loud.. But it is true, that in the semifinals of WTTC after Wang Hao´s edge ball...
In next games when he did his points and shouted CHO, I wanted to shoot the TV! :D Thats fact! :D
But was just about Ma Long losing.. heh..

I dont like Ma Lin. He is past zenit, old fat player, that all that he does is making me disgusted, delays game as much as possible and thats all for me..

I also used to dislike Jean Michel Saive,.. his face when he serves really made me hate him, plus those shorts pulled up.. But its gone now, because I do not see him often..

I also dont like Primorac, that I liked a lot 5-6 years ago, but now - what the hell, every topspin a sound?? Just like Gustavo Querten or recently Sharapova..
I can watch him sound off, np :)

I really hate Wen Jia and everytime she plays, I want her to lose. Just because of what she did to Fukuhara.. I was opening the champain when she lost the match where she cheated! YEEEEAH! Noone in this world will ever make me believe that at that high level someone things about money! Ever! All think but one - win the match! But - its different - win it fair or win it at any cost.. That is a HUGE difference.. And I like players like Samsonov, Wang Liqin.. that are not afraid to lose. That have balls to correct umpire even if it will take him the point away. Mr Richard - here you are wrong - its just about the character.

I hated Timo Boll when he beat Kreanga in legendary Croatia open, where Kreanga beat Primorac.. He was just too lucky there.. and I hated Boll pretty much because of that, but later I just turned and now I like him. He simply earned it ;)

says Hello guys!!! :) Im new here. I would be happy if...
says Hello guys!!! :) Im new here. I would be happy if...
Jan 2012
The only person I dont like is probably Saive, just for the fact that his shorts are too dam short! lol

just an exhibition where he makes mention to pull his shorts up in the beginning haha

But this has got to be the worst offender right here....

Yeah, i agree :) these Saive shorts are realy annoying, i mean its annoying when he puls them up.. :p