Post your latest EJ purchase

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
decent spin but quite slow so i am going to boost it
I used it on BH for almost a year, on a korbel, good spin, not that Tacky but good grip, decent bounce but didnt feel fast enough.
Boosted performs a Lot better in my experience, at that price Is incredible (i won a good number of regional tournaments with it vs expensive bty setups so im quite fondle of it, since i bought it as an experiment /Personal Challenge)

I used seamoon, it takes boost pretty decently, i didnt get an extreme curl like i had when boosting H3 or even reactor thunder but it makes it come Alive, great sound when hitting hard.
Durability wise its amazing for the price, even if surface looks worn, if clean it feels Tacky again for a while, sometimes even lift the ball but it doesnt last too much.
Mine was pretty light too so i didnt mind More Booster layers without making it mushy.

Did you check which hardness you got? They supposedly make it in 2 hardness, 42,5 and 47 Esn

says former JPEN, now CPEN
Aug 2019
I used it on BH for almost a year, on a korbel, good spin, not that Tacky but good grip, decent bounce but didnt feel fast enough.
Boosted performs a Lot better in my experience, at that price Is incredible (i won a good number of regional tournaments with it vs expensive bty setups so im quite fondle of it, since i bought it as an experiment /Personal Challenge)

I used seamoon, it takes boost pretty decently, i didnt get an extreme curl like i had when boosting H3 or even reactor thunder but it makes it come Alive, great sound when hitting hard.
Durability wise its amazing for the price, even if surface looks worn, if clean it feels Tacky again for a while, sometimes even lift the ball but it doesnt last too much.
Mine was pretty light too so i didnt mind More Booster layers without making it mushy.

Did you check which hardness you got? They supposedly make it in 2 hardness, 42,5 and 47 Esn
47 medium hard the both of them since thats the only hardness option the store has

boosted both sheets with 2 layers, backhand is actually pretty good

forehand is a bit iffy but could be due to the blade. it is still slow for some reason, maybe its not broken in yet.

Reactions: mattlamperouge
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
47 medium hard the both of them since thats the only hardness option the store has

boosted both sheets with 2 layers, backhand is actually pretty good

forehand is a bit iffy but could be due to the blade. it is still slow for some reason, maybe its not broken in yet.
Maybe it needs to soften a bit, also it depends on your needs & spectations to what its properly fast.

For me on FH its not that bouncy that i cant use it, & its fast enough if i hit hard, but i play fairly close to table & usually play with harder & tackier rubbers.
Boosted H3N & Reactor Thunder worked better for me. But on BH Tornado felt a bit easier to play, good speed/spin great control for blocking less sensible to spin also.

Aug 2019
Maybe it needs to soften a bit, also it depends on your needs & spectations to what its properly fast.

For me on FH its not that bouncy that i cant use it, & its fast enough if i hit hard, but i play fairly close to table & usually play with harder & tackier rubbers.
Boosted H3N & Reactor Thunder worked better for me. But on BH Tornado felt a bit easier to play, good speed/spin great control for blocking less sensible to spin also.

its probably unfair to judge it based off a battle 2 provincial orange lol

the blade i put it on has a hard outerply and it is in the OFF+ range so honestly i am surprised that its not as fast as it should be

even the 729 cross training rubber is way faster on that blade

Tried TG2 today on my Nittaku S7.

Amazing rubber, better feeling than h3, outstanding control close to the table, and yeah, blocking was a breeze (flipped it to the BH side).

Though, boosting BH rubber is not something I really want...

729 Snipe III turned out to be OK, it can do every shot quite decently. It definitely lacks spin and consistency while blocking. Will remain my BH rubber for now, since I'm still learning RPB and expensive rubber will not give me any boost.

Attachments

• photo_5226581784978902957_y.jpg
    photo_5226581784978902957_y.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 73
  • photo_5226581784978902958_y.jpg
    photo_5226581784978902958_y.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023

Amazing rubber, better feeling than h3, outstanding control close to the table, and yeah, blocking was a breeze (flipped it to the BH side).

729 Snipe III turned out to be OK, it can do every shot quite decently. It definitely lacks spin and consistency while blocking. Will remain my BH rubber for now, since I'm still learning RPB and expensive rubber will not give me any boost.
I find TG2 to be a bit slow. But I have some old sheets from a couple years ago. They are not that slow. It just might need a couple arounds of boosting to speed up a bit?

I find TG2 to be a bit slow. But I have some old sheets from a couple years ago. They are not that slow. It just might need a couple arounds of boosting to speed up a bit?
Yeah, I played with TG2 only once before this sheet and on Viscaria, which is quite fast. I liked it, it bubbled in around 1 month. Playing top spin on top spin with my sparring partner actually kills any boosted Chinese rubber in around 1 month :cry:

It needs same break-in period as H3. But boosted with 3 layers of Haifu it's alright already to play in competitions I would say. 100-200 quality top spins and rubber is ready to be played.

Interestingly enough, when I boosted with regular Haifu Seamoon it didn't curl up as it would with 3 layers of Falco...like Haifu evaporates faster or something?

Reactions: Fnub and JJ Ng
Aug 2019

focus 3 to me it is a really good rubber for blocking

not so much for topspin however but it is still a pretty good allround backhand rubber

@mattlamperouge my tornado v5 on my FH got faster than usual after a few days of hitting so you are right

for the price its a pretty good rubber, just wish that its a bit more tacky because now the tackiness is barely there at all

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
focus 3 to me it is a really good rubber for blocking

not so much for topspin however but it is still a pretty good allround backhand rubber

@mattlamperouge my tornado v5 on my FH got faster than usual after a few days of hitting so you are right

for the price its a pretty good rubber, just wish that its a bit more tacky because now the tackiness is barely there at all
Yes in my experience its not really a super Tacky rubber, and after breaking in+boost not that linear either. It worked good on BH for me, still if clean & stored it retains some tackiness & Is grippy even when surface looks worn.

Coming from boosted H3neo I preferred reactor thunder for FH as alternative from that brand. Surface quality/durability Is great for the price. its proper Tacky, still can lift the ball if clean even if it looks really worn. But it needs more boost than tornado since its harder and feels More dead.

Reactions: netdriver
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
received_1242153496460647.jpeg
snagged this for 14USD, handle could be a little better craftsmanship but the face itself is quite well built.

feels pretty fast and crispy just bouncing the ball in the wood.

bought Doublefish Volant Phoenix in Black 40° and will get my Moon Speed 53 M-hard from my current racket.

says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022
View attachment 26823snagged this for 14USD, handle could be a little better craftsmanship but the face itself is quite well built.

feels pretty fast and crispy just bouncing the ball in the wood.

bought Doublefish Volant Phoenix in Black 40° and will get my Moon Speed 53 M-hard from my current racket.
Awesome blade.