Prescription glasses for table tennis

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
Hi ya'll! As a four-eyes I am having issues with depth perception, range of view, focus adjustment, and glasses slipping off. I'd rather not wear contacts and believe many have the same problems and feel the same way.

I noticed few if any professionals aside from the Lebron Brothers wear glasses while playing. Does anyone know what glasses the brothers are wearing and where to buy them?

says EJ-Victim
says EJ-Victim
Sep 2023
The lebron brothers
I noticed few if any professionals aside from the Lebron Brothers wear glasses while playing. Does anyone know what glasses the brothers are wearing and where to buy them?
Didn’t know James had a playing brother too. Nice autocorrect 😁

All jokes aside. I have mine (eyes) laser treated. Not one day of regret. Of course you’ll need examination of the eyes. Not everyone’s eyes are suited for the procedure

• Haha
Reactions: hclnnkhg
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
Hmm big issue for me is the depth perception, not the glasses slipping.
It makes the game really difficult when the ball essentially isn’t where you think it is. I need to ask my optician next time I visit as if anything it’s getting worse, and I’m making an increasing number of hilarious air shots. Some of them would probably be quite good shots if only I didn’t miss the ball completely.

The biggest problem is actually when the ball is “hanging in the air”. Your brain is surprisingly good to calculate the trajectory of a flying ball. I have no problems with this. Hitting a floating ball is a bit troublesome though. I use my regular glasses they work fine.

Cheers
L-zr

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Hmm big issue for me is the depth perception, not the glasses slipping.
It makes the game really difficult when the ball essentially isn’t where you think it is. I need to ask my optician next time I visit as if anything it’s getting worse, and I’m making an increasing number of hilarious air shots. Some of them would probably be quite good shots if only I didn’t miss the ball completely.
my eyes - my optical nerves- my brain and my hand , make up their mind where the ball ""will be"" but in the last 1m in front of me I do not even actually see the ball. Lots of very funny moments and hence the nickname TT-clown.😁

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
my eyes - my optical nerves- my brain and my hand , make up their mind where the ball ""will be"" but in the last 1m in front of me I do not even actually see the ball. Lots of very funny moments and hence the nickname TT-clown.😁
Me too. I often hit the ball with the edge of the paddle. I have a glasses I use just or TT. The provide 20-20 vision at a distance but within 1m my eyes don't change focus fast enough. I am pretty much ok if the ball is coming straight at me. This isn't funny. It is frustrating. I must wear my TT glasses for quite awhile before playing so I am adjusted. I usually wear computer glasses all day.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
If you have a good optometrist, they can prescribe glasses that focuses on table table distances. A good optician will adjust your frames so that they do not slip. Go with titanium frames that are not too small and high refractive index plastic lenses. Then wear a sweat band or sports skull cap so sweat won't get on your glasses. You should be all set.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
IMG_7578.jpeg

There are cool people and then there are really cool people.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Go with titanium frames that are not too small and high refractive index plastic lenses
Sure sure, then all i will need is the cataract fixed on my left eye and the little operation on the right, Vitrectomy with Epiretinal membrane peeling to correct my problem re: bilateral epiretinal membranes and i will be as good as new 😂😂😂