Q: Beginner set

This user has no status.
also I want to suggest battle 2 is not the best beginner Chinese rubber. H3 NEO 38 is. Its slower and more forgiving on every shot and also for me B2 topsheet will seperate easily from sponge if you are unlucky which as a beginner would frustrate me as you likely don't have a back up blade and set up (or a drawer full!)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
My setup is Yasaka Sweden extra + Xiom Vega intro, both sides, and i like it a lot. Truly am not a beginner in TT, but i play mostly on amateur level. Now i try to do things, like i should, with brushing the ball, as i saw in many videos, but unfortunately i cant go at the club and hire a coach to improve my stile, because of the Coronas. The reason to buy this DHS H3 is the low price, and the thrill to use it on one stage, after the Intro dies.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
You would really need to learn how to brush the ball when using H3. It is the only way to maximize using it and not just digging through the sponge.

Thanks Yogi, that why i take Tibhar spin trainer, to train at home. Is this tool decent to use on purpose?
download.jpg

Thanks Yogi, that why i take Tibhar spin trainer, to train at home. Is this tool decent to use on purpose?
View attachment 21137

A tip for brushing practice. Try brushing the ball with little sound as much as possible with more like a *wooshh* sound rather than a *tok* sound.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
A tip for brushing practice. Try brushing the ball with little sound as much as possible with more like a *wooshh* sound rather than a *tok* sound.
Sorry for the off, but Yogi what is the optimal high between ball an the table, for practice?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Height when you contact the ball?

Yea, this tool is flexible, so i can move the ball at all direction.
If that simulate a bouncing ball from the table, at what height should I adjust it?
Maybe in the beginning more above, then gradually bring it closer to the table.
I know, i should hit it at the top of the trajectory.
download.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Thanks, mate.
So above this high i should smash the ball, i mean strike, no trying to brush it?

Last edited:
Actually, i take that back. 4 to 6 inches seem to low and quite advanced. Start on a higher bounce first like 8 to 10. A brush contact is important except in smashes unless you are using a chinese rubber. Using a chinese rubber still needs a brush contact on smashes.

Reactions: dobrev_db
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Actually, i take that back. 4 to 6 inches seem to low and quite advanced. Start on a higher bounce first like 8 to 10. A brush contact is important except in smashes unless you are using a chinese rubber. Using a chinese rubber still needs a brush contact on smashes.

Thanks a lot, Yogy, you really help me, i think that will be useful for other beginners.