Question about H3Neo

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Could you use booster on AK47 for example? Its nowhere near as fast as ESN, its soft, and kinda porous too. Its nothing like H3 dense sponge.

Would the booster make AK47 faster?
You can boost any rubber you want.

AK47 is like a tensor, so one layer. It is recommended to use 1-2 layers of glue first to protect the topsheet and keep it from separating.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

Why does glue protect the topsheet from separating?

Because booster is toxic (gas) and can damage the rubber, especially when the sponge and topsheet are not strong like Chinese tacky rubbers.

Before you asked/said, I think the booster effect is indefinite, it's always temporary, the gas evaporates overtime, but if the rubber is dammaged/mushy, yeah that's forever...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Could you use booster on AK47 for example? Its nowhere near as fast as ESN, its soft, and kinda porous too. Its nothing like H3 dense sponge.

Would the booster make AK47 faster?
From my search results on a few Chinese forums, it is generally not recommended to boost ak47.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
So you put glue on the rubber and let it dry, and then put booster on top of the glue??

Yes, 1-2 layers of glue, then 1-3 layers of booster depending on how much boosted you want to go, I suggest start with 1 layer.

usually there are three different stages you’ll see the rubbers change to after applying the booster: slight dome, curly or what I call igloo, and cylinder. You want your rubber to be in the first two stages, since you can’t really glue a cylinder onto your blade, but you can always let the rubber sit there for a few days, it’ll gradually change back to previous stages.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
From my search results on a few Chinese forums, it is generally not recommended to boost ak47.
I wouldn't think so either, and if so, very lightly. Protect with glue layers first, then one thin coat of Falco booster.

Falco is usually recommended for tensors and spring sponge since it's less toxic, Chinese boosters like Haifu Seamoon and the likes for your typical Chinese tacky rubbers.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

Why is that? The sponge is too soft and becomes mushy with booster?

Is booster really only recommended for hard-dense FH style rubbers?

Mostly.

Tenergys and the likes are already fashioned to be at peak performance.

I've known only very few players (2? high level, France top 40, USATT 2500-2600) who were boosting their Tenergys for a while, then they stopped doing it. Too much work for not a great increase in performance. It made it softer and faster, I don't know about spinnier.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I was wondering if boosting Chinese cheap grippy rubbers could make them perform closer to ESN. For example AK47 or Moon or Loki T3

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
So you put glue on the rubber and let it dry, and then put booster on top of the glue??

I don't put glue before boosters. And I notice a difference between H3 NEO and H3 regular. H3 NEO seems to not dome very much, if at all (2.5-4gr of Falco). Also booster doesn't get absorbed too fast while brushing, making the job easier. DHS really redesigned it to be booster friendly.

I'm boosting a 2nd piece of NEO (boosted a few H3 over 2 years already) so will know how it goes in a couple of days.

I had bad experience with H3 NEO commercial (smelly, glue layer way too thick and messy, tackiness way too much, feeling inconsistent) and read somewhere on the internet that H3 regular would be better for boosting. Turned out internet has a lot of nonsense!

H3 NEO PROVINCIAL is really another class. Top sheet looks smooth and nice, sponge looks so nice. The glue layer is so thin and smooth that it's almost silky & invisible. I was almost about to lick it.

(Btw, I'm talking politics. Ppl are gonna complain abt DHS doing these commercial/provincial/national stupidity. But I have to give them a lot of respects making the sport much more accessible for a variety of players. Everybody can have a H3. I'm too old to feel jealous. But think about a kid looking at his club friend having a new piece of Dignics 09c!)

Reactions: thomas.pong
says Or is it more legit...
says Or is it more legit...
Sep 2019
I have only test with real speed glue and paraffin oil. I tested paraffin oil because it evaporates but it evaporates too quickly to be useful.
I know that oils do not compress much in a liquid form so they won't store or return much energy.

Also, consider this since no one else has. The oils or speed glue make the rubber heavier. That means when the rubber starts to push the ball back it must not only use its stored potential energy to push the mass of the ball but also the mass of the rubber with booster in it.

Michael, if you are just an intermediate player then H3Neo unboosted will work fine for you. It isn't as fast as the ESN or spring sponge rubbers but the H3Neo will block incoming fast balls much easier than a faster rubber. I would not waste my money on boosting or similar. Stop fooling around. I am 68 and I am not getting any faster. I can tell what a difference speed and conditioning make so work on those items. Equipment isn't as important as skill and there are no short cuts.

I think a YEO,Yasaka Extra Offensive, with H3Neo will work well.
I'm also an intermediate player, a beginner-intermediate to be precise and I'm considering h3 neo bs without boosting. is it toally fine to use right out of the box without tuning and if it is so, how long can you use the rubber may I know.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
I'm also an intermediate player, a beginner-intermediate to be precise and I'm considering h3 neo bs without boosting. is it toally fine to use right out of the box without tuning and if it is so, how long can you use the rubber may I know.

H3 Neo is already tuned at the factory, i.e. you don't need to boost it if it's brand new out of the packaging. Usually it lasts about a month, but it really depends on how often you play.

And I have to emphasise again, brokenball is talking nonsense in his comment about boosters. Totally ignores the part of the discussion where he can't makeup a reason for, not to mention the language and the way he talks is rather moody.

Last edited:
Reactions: Colin Ksh