Rakza Z and Rakza Z Extra Hard vs Golden Tango PS and Golden Tango

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Pretty good on a Szocs Signature 1. I just removed it, going to put on Golden Tango and try that this weekend and then I will be able to do a more objective comparison of both. I think out of the packet, GT seems stickier for sure. Maybe I will go with GT on forehand and Rakza Z EH on backhand or something line that.
Yeah, of the 2, I feel GT is closer to a Trad Chinese tacky rubber than Rakza Z is.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Yeah, of the 2, I feel GT is closer to a Trad Chinese tacky rubber than Rakza Z is.
With Rakza Z EH, it might be bias, but I am doing things on my backhand I don't remember doing with quite the same confidence with GT. But since the blade is also different, I will get a more objective comp this weekend.

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
why doesnt anyone mention the nittaku sieger pk-50!
Its an amazing rubber..!
I thought it was decent, pretty similar to Codexx 52, both I liked better than GTPS though. But I think these 50 degree hybrids are not as good in terms of stability or linearity compared to the harder 54-55 degree hybrids.

Reactions: Saki
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2023
I thought it was decent, pretty similar to Codexx 52, both I liked better than GTPS though. But I think these 50 degree hybrids are not as good in terms of stability or linearity compared
I thought it was decent, pretty similar to Codexx 52, both I liked better than GTPS though. But I think these 50 degree hybrids are not as good in terms of stability or linearity compared to the harder 54-55 degree hybrids.
agree, but i think for my level of play, wich is not that much😅, these rubbers still better for me (pk50, rakza z, gtps).. wich have a very good speed and excellent spin and control.
At the end i thought all these rubbers have a similar game play but for me the pk-50 have the best feeling then the rakza z.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
why doesnt anyone mention the nittaku sieger pk-50!
Its an amazing rubber..!
I recall speculations that the Sieger PK50 is the same rubber as Joola Tango PS. Does anyone know how it really is?
The Sieger is available in 1.8 and 2.0 while the GTPS only in max theses days.

Reactions: Saki
Jul 2014
I recall speculations that the Sieger PK50 is the same rubber as Joola Tango PS. Does anyone know how it really is?
The Sieger is available in 1.8 and 2.0 while the GTPS only in max theses days.
I felt the sponge on GTPS felt softer than its rating, softer than PK50 and Codexx 52- also less tacky and bouncier, slightly more "jelly" feeling. They all play reasonably similar though. The topsheet of the Golden Tango series felt a bit firmer and less grabby than that of the Codexx series and on PK50, the arc of GTPS was a bit straighter and more stable which I felt helped me play defense and counter with less effort, but I felt it a tad harder to get spin quite as easily with GTPS.

IMG_5202.jpeg

Sorry for the low quality photo, the bottom rubber is the Codexx 52 and top is GTPS, visually they are basically identical.

Reactions: Choosikick and Saki

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
So is the Golden Tango faster and a little easier to use if your not a chinese national player compared to Hurricane but still in that area?
Does it play very differently when the tack wears off and how long does this take?
Can you still drive with it like euro rubbers or is it more towards chinese and power loops?

Jul 2014
So is the Golden Tango faster and a little easier to use if your not a chinese national player compared to Hurricane but still in that area?
Does it play very differently when the tack wears off and how long does this take?
Can you still drive with it like euro rubbers or is it more towards chinese and power loops?
If I were to loosely compare Fastarc G1, GT and H3, GT is closer to H3 imo. It is a pretty hard rubber, switching back to G1 for me now feels almost mushy in comparison. GT is easily bouncier than H3

I think you should check out the Tronix ZGR as a hard nontacky rubber, it may be more appealing to you than the tackier hybrids, it is kind of like a lower arc extra hard sponged Fastarc G1. With protection sheets the GT tackiness lasts for a good amount of time, I have a 6mo old sheet of GT only used for half that time that I have not been keeping covered for about 2 of those months (rough estimate maybe 60-70 hours of usage?) with no protection sheet imo you may be able to feel a good difference in tack level within a month or so given playtime

Reactions: MOG and NextLevel
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
tackiness takes a while to wear off, so you don't really notice much difference, same can be said of many other rubbers. it is a gradual loss.
I would say it's easier to use than H3, but, hey it's always down to technique at the end of the day!!
As GT is closer to Chinese tacky, its strength is with spin, flatter hits / drives are possibly easier when compared to other tacky rubbers but its not like driving with a 'Euro' bouncy/grippy rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Hi NL

did you try Rakza Z after all?
Looks like you had a crystal ball. Despite buying it, I didn't try Rakza Z deliberately - a friend gave me his Rakza Z EH sheets on his spare paddle and I tried them for a bit and noticed that the sponge color was wrong and that he had given me Rakza Z. The rubber isn't powerful but the spin is impressive. in fact, more than any other rubber, I think it has prepared me for my next experiment but it will definitely stay in my rotation.

My current experiment is to see whether I can develop a close to the table game with Dignics 05 on both sides of a Cybershape Carbon. I want to combine the flat potential of the Cybershape with the quick ball release and spin of D05 and see how far I can go with the safety of sticky rubber taken away. I think I will get better trying it regardless, just have to give if a whirl for a few months.

But yes you were right, Rakza Z is way better than Golden Tango PS. I can make a taste argument for Golden Tango vs Rakza Z EH but I don't quite see it for their softer counterparts. As always, all this is subjective.

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Looks like you had a crystal ball. Despite buying it, I didn't try Rakza Z deliberately - a friend gave me his Rakza Z EH sheets on his spare paddle and I tried them for a bit and noticed that the sponge color was wrong and that he had given me Rakza Z. The rubber isn't powerful but the spin is impressive. in fact, more than any other rubber, I think it has prepared me for my next experiment but it will definitely stay in my rotation.

My current experiment is to see whether I can develop a close to the table game with Dignics 05 on both sides of a Cybershape Carbon. I want to combine the flat potential of the Cybershape with the quick ball release and spin of D05 and see how far I can go with the safety of sticky rubber taken away. I think I will get better trying it regardless, just have to give if a whirl for a few months.

But yes you were right, Rakza Z is way better than Golden Tango PS. I can make a taste argument for Golden Tango vs Rakza Z EH but I don't quite see it for their softer counterparts. As always, all this is subjective.
Hi NL,
Rakza Z (&Z EH) are both very good rubbers, they seem to perform well over time as well, Easier spin with the Z version.
Recently I've been using Tau 2 on both wings (the Jekyll & Hyde H52 / H8-80 had to be taken off of the Zhang Jike ALC, had a few encounters with the table when pushing!! rubbers started to peel, forgot to put edge tape on!!, H8-80 shrunk, the J&H H 52 didn't, which was a bit of a nice surprise!! But managed to order new sheets of J&H H 52, which will be glued to the ZJ ALC)
When i was using the ZJ ALC J&H H / H8-80 combo I had quite a few comments that 'the black rubber' (J&H H52) was very spinny, with the Tau 2 set up, same thing. when I tell them that Tau 2 is on both sides they seem surprised, I suppose this shows that my BH needs some work!!!! I got the same comments using RZ and RZ EH, So I feel that RZ/RZ EH, J&H H 52 & Tau 2 are all up there when it comes to spin potential.
For some reason, down to technique probably, I never had these comments when using BTY rubbers, D09C, T05 / T19/ G09C / Glazer, I never 'felt' I was getting as much spin, especially when looping when playing with them. I've commented in a few post in the past that BTY rubbers have certain feel to them, one that doesn't suit me!!!!!

I'm looking forward to your close to the table experiment with D05 both wings!!, keep us posted!!

Reactions: latej
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
Hi NL,
Rakza Z (&Z EH) are both very good rubbers, they seem to perform well over time as well, Easier spin with the Z version.
Recently I've been using Tau 2 on both wings (the Jekyll & Hyde H52 / H8-80 had to be taken off of the Zhang Jike ALC, had a few encounters with the table when pushing!! rubbers started to peel, forgot to put edge tape on!!, H8-80 shrunk, the J&H H 52 didn't, which was a bit of a nice surprise!! But managed to order new sheets of J&H H 52, which will be glued to the ZJ ALC)
When i was using the ZJ ALC J&H H / H8-80 combo I had quite a few comments that 'the black rubber' (J&H H52) was very spinny, with the Tau 2 set up, same thing. when I tell them that Tau 2 is on both sides they seem surprised, I suppose this shows that my BH needs some work!!!! I got the same comments using RZ and RZ EH, So I feel that RZ/RZ EH, J&H H 52 & Tau 2 are all up there when it comes to spin potential.
For some reason, down to technique probably, I never had these comments when using BTY rubbers, D09C, T05 / T19/ G09C / Glazer, I never 'felt' I was getting as much spin, especially when looping when playing with them. I've commented in a few post in the past that BTY rubbers have certain feel to them, one that doesn't suit me!!!!!

I'm looking forward to your close to the table experiment with D05 both wings!!, keep us posted!!
I have Razka Z EH and after 40 hours it's already shrinking around the tip. Have you played with other hybrid that doesn't shrink as much? Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Hi NL,

For me it is the other way around. Backhand and Tenergy (mostly 80) - opponents are surprised and block out. Backhand and sticky rubbers - I get surprised that they don't miss the table! :)
Probably down to technique and how mush you brush and/or engage the sponge.
Problem is that the hard tacky rubbers are better in the short game. Hurricane 8-80 is the best alternative so far. Going to try Dignics 05 as well. Seems like some sort of compromise. With the risk of bad short game AND not as spinny loops (and definitely slimmer wallet!)....

Jul 2014
Would anyone care to guess which one is which in the photo below?
View attachment 27765
I'm guessing the K2 is on the bottom because the pimples seem to be slightly bigger but theres no other way for me to tell as I havent tried K2. These 50 and 55 degree hybrid rubber families just look so similar its nearly impossible to tell just from photos

Reactions: vvk1
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
I'm guessing the K2 is on the bottom because the pimples seem to be slightly bigger but theres no other way for me to tell as I havent tried K2. These 50 and 55 degree hybrid rubber families just look so similar its nearly impossible to tell just from photos
You are correct - K2 is at the bottom.

Funny you should mention the pimple size. If you flip the sheets so the topsheets are next to each other - instead of the sponges as in the pic - and align the pimples, they are the same width/height. So what we see in the photo is a consequence of how bad I am at close-up photography :).

PSA: Tibhat K2 Hybrid and Joola Golden Tango appear to be identical rubbers. Both seem to have identical 54 degree sponge, etc. Even the protective films supplied with each are the same except for the printed rubber logos.