Rakza Z and Rakza Z Extra Hard vs Golden Tango PS and Golden Tango

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews
I have played a lot with Rakza Z, but I have not played with Golden Tango. I can try to compare it to Dignics 09c which you are familiar with. I first played with it on forehand, the arc is great, at least as high as 09c. Great spin, easy to play with, but lacking the power that I wish for a forehand rubber. Top end speed is only descent. Tried Rakza Z EH instead for forehand, better forehand rubber, better top end speed. But the weight! Normal Rakza Z is heavy, but Rakza Z EH is extremely heavy. I think it will be head heavy on your Cybershape...

Since I switched from wood to a inner carbon blade over a year ago, I changed my backhand rubber to Rakza Z from Dignics 09c. At my lower intermediate level it fits my backhand perfectly. A bit softer, similar spin, great in the short game and really gives me the confidence to put power in to my shots.

TLDR Great spin, very high arc, great control, great short game, good speed at descent power but lacking top end speed. The best rubber I found for my backhand. (I like DHS H8-80 for my backhand as well.)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
GTPS = chinese style sticky rubber with european style sponge
Rakza Z = semi sticky half chinese-half european topsheet with semi hard, half bouncy sponge

Different approach, different feeling but similiar result!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I have played a lot with Rakza Z, but I have not played with Golden Tango. I can try to compare it to Dignics 09c which you are familiar with. I first played with it on forehand, the arc is great, at least as high as 09c. Great spin, easy to play with, but lacking the power that I wish for a forehand rubber. Top end speed is only descent. Tried Rakza Z EH instead for forehand, better forehand rubber, better top end speed. But the weight! Normal Rakza Z is heavy, but Rakza Z EH is extremely heavy. I think it will be head heavy on your Cybershape...

Since I switched from wood to a inner carbon blade over a year ago, I changed my backhand rubber to Rakza Z from Dignics 09c. At my lower intermediate level it fits my backhand perfectly. A bit softer, similar spin, great in the short game and really gives me the confidence to put power in to my shots.

TLDR Great spin, very high arc, great control, great short game, good speed at descent power but lacking top end speed. The best rubber I found for my backhand. (I like DHS H8-80 for my backhand as well.)
Golden Tango is pretty heavy as well, so I suspect that Rakza Z EH weight may not move the needle, though I could be wrong. The other thing is that I am now using Golden Tango without the protector sheets, which means I have to be patient to let the stickiness wear off to make the rubber a bit faster. Maybe I can get there faster by starting with Rakza Z EH. But if Rakza Z has a more stable sponge than Tango PS (I hate boosted sponges that loose their boosting over time), then I can test that out on backhand and see if it makes my life easier, especially on serve return which should be a strength for me with practice.

Reactions: SamTheMan
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
I think you might want to check out the Tronix ZGR. I've been testing it recently and like it a lot, its hard and only lightly tacky but its got a thick topsheet with stubby short pimples, giving it some hold-y feeling without needing much stickiness while maintaining the directness of the hard sponge.

Reactions: NextLevel
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi NL,

I have played with both of these rubbers, GT a while ago now, it was the 1st 'hybrid' that I used.

SPIN - all have high spin potential.
TACKINESS, when new RZ / RZ EH are similar to GT, but I think GT retains its tackiness levels better than RZ / RZ EH
THROW ANGLE - RZ highest, then RZ EH then GT.
SHORT GAME, all are easily controllable, but the throw angle is reversed somewhat, with RZ you may find that you'll have to open face more when pushing v backspin.
SERVING- well, maybe slightly easier for short serves with GT. that little extra 'catapult' of the Rakza's may need MINOR adjustments for 1/2 long serves. great spin for all 3.
SPEED - difficult to compare - indirectly, maybe R Z is faster than R Z EH which is faster than GT, of course this depends on what you put in, but there's not much in it really!!! Lets say they are all fast enough to hit past opponent!!!
LOOPING!!, BH and FH, safest with R Z , then R Z EH then GT - throw angle again!!!! all dip down rapidly, none have that H3 'low kick' but all have excellent spin production capability, so no issues there!! you may find that RZ's sponge kicks in more with harder shots.
AWAY from the table - R Z ie easiest to play with, the sponge kicks in easier, it's definitely not as 'dead' as either R Z EH or GT.
WEIGHT - they are all heavy!!!!!!

To sum up, RZ EH will be closer to GT in my opinion. this is probably the one out of the 2 Rakza Z versions you'll prefer. (now I've said that, what's the betting you'll prove me wrong!!)
I really like RZ and RZ EH used them on and off for 3 years or so, last season I used the Rakza's for 90% of matches.
now using H8-80 on BH and Jekyll & Hyde H on FH (52.5 sponge), playing better with the H8-80 on BH.

As always, take above with a pinch of salt, YOU only know when YOU try it out!!!

Enjoy testing them, and get H8-80 37 and 38 degree versions, oh and Tau 2 and .........:rolleyes:😂
but seriously try the H8-80 if you can.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Personally, Rakza Z did not suit me. Yes, there is a lot of control and rotation, but there is absolutely no aggression. In addition, for my taste it is too soft for the forehand, and not fast enough for the backhand. I tried the Hurricane 8-80 and really liked it on the backhand. There is a feeling of gripping the ball and throwing with a catapult.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I haven't tried GT only GT PS, but I wager GT PS is about the same as Rakza Z and Rakza Z EH is quite harder and heavier than the PS.

GT looks like the same thing as Tibhar K2 and possibly the Codexx 54 with the dense sponge.

Anyway Rakza Z has a cake sponge while GT has a fully dense sponge. Just from K2 which really looks identical, I would say GT is lighter, faster, and plays much more like a boosted blue sponge-ish H3. GT would be more stable to use than Rakza Z.

My first sheet of red Rakza Z EH was pretty good actually cut around 53g and hard but not terribly hard. Then I bought a black sheet too, 55g and hard as a fracking brick. I hate the black sheet.

I think the GT is better than Rakza Z, just because that dense sponge is pretty special. However I would say GT or at least K2 is not a spin demon, but the speed is very high. But K2 was so stable that the lack of that extra few rotations really didn't matter to me.

K2 can be really easily (and efficiently) boosted too. That dense sponge is super nice, I bet it's the same on the GT too.

Rakza Z is not fast at all, it is almost unbouncy which is pretty good over the table but if you wanna 3rd ball kill it's tough while K2 or GT is a 3rd ball monster. I don't think there was any rubber I was better at 3rd ball killing and at that point my K2 was like 2 years old and no tack at all. Not even H3 BS boosted is so good at that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Does anyone know what the Tibhar equivalent of Golden Tango is? It is definitely not K3. Maybe K2 or K1?
I have a sheet of K1, without a blade. The sheet is just sitting there because it is not that springy and it is not that tacky. So what is the point?

I used K2 a year ago when TT11 still carried it. It feels fine. I liked it. But I don't like it that much that I would get it in Aliexpress. I believe TT11's description was that K2 was made for the Chinese market. Don't know why. It was definitely tensor with slightly tacky top sheet. A bit like the current hurricane 3 neo in terms of top sheet but K2 is bouncier of course.

I have not used K3 yet. Maybe one day I will.

I have gone back to Hurricane now.

Long story short, you can skip K1. It is a waste of money.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Hi NL

did you try Rakza Z after all?
Extra Hard yes. Haven't tried regular Rakza Z yet. I don't play every day and I am testing a few things and I am competing later this month. So it might be a while. But I need to settle the Extra Hard vs Golden Tango question first.

Last edited:
Reactions: IB66
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Initial thoughts??
Pretty good on a Szocs Signature 1. I just removed it, going to put on Golden Tango and try that this weekend and then I will be able to do a more objective comparison of both. I think out of the packet, GT seems stickier for sure. Maybe I will go with GT on forehand and Rakza Z EH on backhand or something line that.

Last edited:
Reactions: IB66
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Pretty good on a Szocs Signature 1. I just removed it, going to put on Golden Tango and try that this weekend and then I will be able to do a more objective comparison of both. I think out of the packet, GT seems stickier for sure. Maybe I will go with GT on forehand and Rakza Z EH on backhand or something line that.
I got to re-glue H8-80 and the J&H H52, didn't put any edge tape on and have had a few clips on the table, so the edges of the rubber is coming away.
Took off the H8-80, it's NOT boosted but has shrunk a little and really curled up, so need to replace that. I think I'll go with GT on FH and reuse the J&H H52 on BH. Edge tape this time!!!

• Haha
Reactions: NextLevel