Reached EJ Enlightenment

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
After devoting considerable attention to the nuances of rubbers and blades on a daily basis, I find myself reaching a point of profound understanding. While the pursuit of the fastest rubbers and blades, or those boasting the highest spin potential, may seem enticing, I have come to recognize that such attributes are not the sole determinants of excellence. Undoubtedly, speed and spin hold significance, albeit within a contextual limit that must be respected.

Allow me to draw a parallel with the functionality of a PC mouse. Increasing sensitivity to its maximum setting may ostensibly promise unparalleled speed and precision in cursor movement. However, the practical utility of such heightened sensitivity quickly diminishes as even the slightest disturbance can disrupt control, rendering the device impractical for efficient use.

In the realm of table tennis equipment, it is noteworthy that the most widely embraced rubbers and blades typically exhibit characteristics of moderate speed and spin. Moreover, it is common practice for individuals wielding fast blades or rubbers to complement them with counterparts of slower velocity or spin, thus achieving a harmonious equilibrium. While there are exceptions within the community who excel at the extremes, the majority gravitate towards a middle ground.

Furthermore, each table tennis technique necessitates a calibrated degree of physical engagement to yield a successful outcome. Even techniques reliant solely on wrist and finger movements inherently lack the power generated from full-body engagement. Over-reliance on racket contribution can compromise technique, resulting in diminished shot quality, whereas inadequate engagement can lead to technical failure. Thus, optimal equipment selection becomes imperative, tailored to individual skill levels, often found within the moderate range.

tldr: Enough is optimal.

ps: AI showed me words that I didn't even know existed in my dictionary

Reactions: SleepyMaster
says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
Yeah, thats correct analogy with mouse settings, mouse sensitivity. I have played on a semi pro level at few games, and was top 0,5% in the world in aim trainers in few scenarios that i grind the most, for those that i play time to time im about top 5-7%. My mouse setting are more towards to medium/low sensitivity and most pro players in cybersport are using about the same sense medium to low, excluding few exceptions.

And even in gaming most people that are bad at it is using sensitivity that are waaay to high for them, so they cant aim or even move properly.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2024
Read 1 reviews
Yeah, at my EJ-hobbyist level there's only so much an equipment can do to hide my minor case of major skill issue, so I gravitated towards stuff that looks cool and feels good to me more than anything.

I still wanna try everything, not because it'll help me play better, but just because it's different. 😂

Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
The point of EJ-ing is fun though. There is a perception of getting better at table tennis but ultimatly it comes down to having fun trying new stuff!

Reactions: Wrighty67
says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
The point of EJ-ing is fun though. There is a perception of getting better at table tennis but ultimatly it comes down to having fun trying new stuff!
That’s true, I have 10+ blades some of them I played one time to never be touched again 🫡

Reactions: kapahoo