Scored an old Stiga Europa today.
10 :- sek.. Thats just over a dollar..

Will be fun to see how she plays!

(You can call me SpongeBob today)
4493a2f01968e9a1a93cbb3fa4bbd7fe.jpg

Reactions: HappySpinner
This user has no status.
Good Job.
It must have been taken quite some time (and a lot of love for the art) to get a factory-assembled racket to look like this. Well done.
Hope you find some nice rubbers that match.
How did it play (Except the head heaviness)?

Thanks!
Just finished the spongeremoval, took me 2 hours. [emoji29]
Its just past midnight here in Sweden, ill post the end result here in a week or so.
The main gun is getting new rubbers. Looking at the Rakza line.. Maby a classic Mark V in a thin sponge will suit this old 3ply blade.. We'll see.

:)

Reactions: Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Haha thats cheap! I like how you call it "she". Just me thinking about starting to name my blades? Like in Game Of Thrones when every sword has it own name. Any good suggestions? :D

I have names for most of my blades and all the ones I like. A couple names after a few of the wands from Harry Potter. A few names after swords from medieval stories or Lord of the Rings. One named after Thor's Hammer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Liten
This user has no status.
Well, she's almost ready do go. Needs a drop of glue, one of the ply's let go in a spot. Small crack, will be solved.
d36dfaf4964e86eaeb57438b5f7f9ab2.jpg

Im thinking of going with short pips, 2 red sides just for homage.. I hope the low weight will suit the blade. Any suggestions what rubbers to choose?
Never played SP.. But Stiga clippa looks good on paper.. No? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well, she's almost ready do go. Needs a drop of glue, one of the ply's let go in a spot. Small crack, will be solved.
d36dfaf4964e86eaeb57438b5f7f9ab2.jpg

As promised in PM a photo. This blade is sealed:

IMG_0761.jpg

See how hard to tell that it is sealed. The sealant has sunk into the wood but it is an ultra thin layer that will not change the playing characteristics of the blade. More will make the top ply harder.

The only reason I posted it here instead of in the PM is, I could not figure out how to post the photo in the PM.

Reactions: Liten