Rebirth of an old Stiga Europa

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
At some point I will also buy the OSP Martin. That one will have more speed and power than the V+. But the V+ seems to have the perfect balance of touch and feel for me. Even though I still want to try the Martin.

The thing about the OSP blades is you can get them designed to your specific specs, like head size and shape and weight. They have better feel than anything else and they are solid and sturdy. I have slammed my V+ into the side of the table and it barely has scratches from those impacts.

And I just love the hand made craftsmanship and quality so I am willing to pay a little extra for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Liten
This user has no status.
Back on topic the Stiga Europa was not what I expected. Must be the 3 ply construction. Way to soft blade for use with these rubbers. Sort of felt and sounded like playing with the box a modern blade comes in. :D

Naa, maby not that bad. But still..
Next test:
Boosted taiphoon rubbers! :D
(Can't let this blade sit with good rubbers, Im not that rich!) ;)

Reactions: Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Back on topic the Stiga Europa was not what I expected. Must be the 3 ply construction. Way to soft blade for use with these rubbers. Sort of felt and sounded like playing with the box a modern blade comes in. :D

Naa, maby not that bad. But still..
Next test:
Boosted taiphoon rubbers! :D
(Can't let this blade sit with good rubbers, Im not that rich!) ;)

Even though I used the term "recreational" and it was pointed out that this is not a recreational blade, but also not a top of the line blade. You can see in the photos that this blade wasn't intended for more serious competition play and that the craftsmanship of the blade is of a lower quality on the Europa than say, that Bengsten blade.

Nevertheless it is a pretty cool blade and you should be able to have fun with it. And it is worth something, now, especially after you restored it. I would say it is something of a collectors item and might be worth more hanging on the wall without rubbers on it than any other way.

Regardless, keep having fun with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Thanks for the kind words. :)

Next time I hope the blade that gets the treatment will preform better.
Thing is, I got pretty GASed up by the Clipper-thread. Will look in to that blade once the old hybrid wood falls apart. That day was not today as my new setup proved to be more leathal at the slower pace the Rakza 7 and 7soft provide. Im starting to get the hype behind Carls signature.. ;)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 2 reviews
Nice work and thanks for sharing! Because of this, I'm in a look out for best buy, old, sad and beaten up paddle and bring it back to life make it as potent as it can get using best cheapest rubbers and will use it to silence some loud players in our place who are using tenergies and zj szlc and wearing full battle gear butterfly apparels on a regular training day that somehow makes me wanna ready my tt diary for autograph because ML or Timo might suddenly appear and play with them... And they're quite giving me a hard time because I don't really have a tt diary...

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 2 reviews
Duly noted will look for 5 or 7 ply blade thanks! I've even made a criteria for choosing lol

*5 or 7 ply
* Must have at least visible 3 nicks at the side of the blade
* Aged wood should be very visible
* Beaten up handle should be very visible
* Only circa 80's and 90's blade and earlier would be awesome
* Must not go more than $20

This is gonna be crazy and fun and this is all because of you bro Liten lol

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 2 reviews
Duly noted will look for 5 or 7 ply blade thanks! I've even made a criteria for choosing lol

*5 or 7 ply
* Must have at least visible 3 nicks at the side of the blade
* Aged wood should be very visible
* Beaten up handle should be very visible
* Only circa 80's and 90's blade and earlier would be awesome
* Must not go more than $20

This is gonna be crazy and fun and this is all because of you bro Liten lol

Thank you!!

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Today was such fun playing with the Europa!
The speed and feel of the blade was totally transformed with the boosted old taiphoon rubbers. What a joy! :D

7da536239fe53747fb4c73f5ec96d0b8.jpg