• Chuan Chih-Yuan

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other

Votes: 14 13.3%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
yeah, poor Ma Lin, I am pretty sure he won't be playing in the next world championships. This was probably his last chance. For someone who has accomplished so much, and who is getting older, the drive to practice for another two years, especially considering that as you get older you have to work that much harder just to get to the same level, means I doubt he will bother to practice and play at a top level going forward. He might try for the olympics, but with only 2 players selected from each team, I doubt he will be the one to get selected. I really wouldn't be surprised if Ma Lin and Wang Liqin pretty much retire after this. They already have enough money, there really isn't any reason for them to keep playing, and suffer the hardships of training everyday.

I hope they keep playing as a sparring partner for the other chinese player. I think even tho the younger players are better now, they can still learn so much from wang liqin and ma lin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I am happy that Ding Ning won the final, I supported Liu Shiwen and Ding Ning. Unfortunaly Ma Long played vs Ma Lin becasue one of them or Timo Boll have to win this WTTC :D
Ma Long have to win the singles title if he want to go to London 2012 ..... I hope he will win and will reach at least the No.2 spot in the world rankings because the first two in the world rankings got directly a ticket for London, noc chinese coach has the decision to decide.
@ Dan If you watch this, you know how to beat Ma Lin

says no prob man well i am from lahore have been playing for...
says no prob man well i am from lahore have been playing for...
Apr 2011
Semi Finals
Wang Hao v. Ma Long (I pick Ma Long)
Timo Boll v. Zhang Jike (I pick Zhang Jike)

Also Ding Ning winner of the Womens Singles crown!
Ma Long and Xu Xin winners of the Mens Doubles Gold
well i agree with ma long but in the other match timo will win

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
well i agree with ma long but in the other match timo will win

I don't know, I think Zhang Jike based on skills, should win. The only thing that may hinder it would be his lack of big stage experience, and he may not perform up to his standard that he otherwise would be able to. The pressure of it may get to him. Then again, Boll has a record of usually not performing well in big events also, so who knows.

For Wang Hao vs Ma Long, I think it would really be pretty even. Wang Hao is in better form overall, because Ma Long still hasn't returned to his old self. Wang Hao will always have a chance because he can control the short game way better than Ma Long, and he has enough power compared with Ma Lin so that once he is on the offensive its harder for Ma Long to get back into the point.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
If Boll does happen to win, I would rather have Wang Hao win anyway, because I think his record against Boll is better and more consistent than Ma Long's. But of course, since most people in this thread are rooting for Boll, they probably would not agree with me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
But the match between Ml and WH is earlier than the match of Boll vs Zhang. So they don't know if Boll will win against Zhang at that time ;) and no coach can say to ma long that he has to loose because if he lose he will not get a ticket to London 12 ( the first two per nation get a ticket; the world ranking list of june 2011 will be used) And if Zhang beats Timo and Ma Long beats Wang the final would be funny
Ma Long won 14 matches against Zhang Jike and lost only 2

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Timo played impressive today against Chen !!!! Also I saw some problems at Zhang today but still it is very difficult for Timo to win !!!! We all saw it at German Open , it is a different player , he has a unique style , and his secret weapon is service !!!! If Timo worked on receives and just put some spins , he will have no problem !!!! COME ON TIMO !!!!!! For the other match between Wang Hao and Ma Long , my pick is Ma Long 4 - 3 , he really suprised me these days , he is in a very good form !!! Wang Hao had problems with Ryu once again !!!CHECK OUT HOW MANY POINTS ZHANG WINS ONLY WITH SERVICE !!!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Timo played impressive today against Chen !!!! Also I saw some problems at Zhang today but still it is very difficult for Timo to win !!!! We all saw it at German Open , it is a different player , he has a unique style , and his secret weapon is service !!!! If Timo worked on receives and just put some spins , he will have no problem !!!! COME ON TIMO !!!!!! For the other match between Wang Hao and Ma Long , my pick is Ma Long 4 - 3 , he really suprised me these days , he is in a very good form !!! Wang Hao had problems with Ryu once again !!!CHECK OUT HOW MANY POINTS ZHANG WINS ONLY WITH SERVICE !!!

I think the main reason ZJK had problems was not so much from the fact that he was not in form or anything, but because his power style is the one of the easiest styles for WLQ to play against. Once the point gets past the first few hits, it just becomes just a power competition, which WLQ excels at, and why ZJK generally does worse against WLQ than several of the other Chinese players.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I was extremely disappointed in Chen Qi's performance today. He played quite awful during the match against Timo, gave a glimpse of his real play in the second game, then just started playing without any control. =__=;;

Then he proceeded to suck again the men's doubles final, missing a lot of relatively easy shots. Chen Qi, you have let me down!! :(

Also, I was extremely pissed at the commentators, Richard Prause and the british guy, during the Timo Chen match. They were awful, being completely bias and attributing all of Chen's simple mistakes to Boll's superiority. =__= Which I would rather not completely agree with. They're past record was an even 5-5, and they're often close. The commentators made watching the match a terrible experience for Chen Qi fans. :mad:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Hmm, I hope Zhang Jike takes Boll down tomorrow. ;) Sorry all you Timo fans, but I'm rooting for Jike now that Chen Qi's out. In that case, hopefully Ma Long wins against Hao so we have a Ma Long - Zhang Jike final. Of course, I'd have to agree with Scylla24 that if Boll does somehow beat Jike... I'd like Wang Hao to be there to stop him. :p

Looks like Scylla24 and I have no faith in Ma Long vs Boll after WTTC 2010... but we'll see.

GO ZHANG JIKE!!!

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I'm with you on that one, I was hoping Chen Qi would do a lot better, but after his narrow win over Samsonov I was wondering whether he could convert against Timo. Not to be! Will be great semi-finals and I'm sure the whole table tennis world will be watching eagerly!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think the highest level of play and the best match in the competition will be the semi-final between Ma Long and Wang Hao. Either could win. I think they are both playing really well even though they both had a problem match in an early round, they came back from that and played pretty dominant Table Tennis after they had trouble.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I don't know, I think Zhang Jike based on skills, should win. The only thing that may hinder it would be his lack of big stage experience, and he may not perform up to his standard that he otherwise would be able to. The pressure of it may get to him. Then again, Boll has a record of usually not performing well in big events also, so who knows.

For Wang Hao vs Ma Long, I think it would really be pretty even. Wang Hao is in better form overall, because Ma Long still hasn't returned to his old self. Wang Hao will always have a chance because he can control the short game way better than Ma Long, and he has enough power compared with Ma Lin so that once he is on the offensive its harder for Ma Long to get back into the point.

Judging by the past 3 matches, Ma Long has completely returned to his old self. I mean, the guy lost ONE set total vs. Tang Peng, Oh Sang Eun, and Ma Lin!! He wasn't this dominant even when he was in form in 2010! I don't think Wang Hao's short game is ANY better than Ma Long's. What makes Ma Long so dominant is not just his devastating forehand which he seems to be able to launch from impossible angles, but also his total control in the short game, which is only second to Ma Lin IMO. It's just that his short game tends to be overshadowed by his spectacular loop-drives, but if you pay attention today, you'll see that his short game is amazing as well. Xu Xin has some great short game moves as well, but he's too inconsistent.

I was extremely disappointed in Chen Qi's performance today. He played quite awful during the match against Timo, gave a glimpse of his real play in the second game, then just started playing without any control. =__=;;

Then he proceeded to suck again the men's doubles final, missing a lot of relatively easy shots. Chen Qi, you have let me down!! :(

Also, I was extremely pissed at the commentators, Richard Prause and the british guy, during the Timo Chen match. They were awful, being completely bias and attributing all of Chen's simple mistakes to Boll's superiority. =__= Which I would rather not completely agree with. They're past record was an even 5-5, and they're often close. The commentators made watching the match a terrible experience for Chen Qi fans. :mad:

Yeah, I totally agree. The announcers make it sound like Timo is on a whole other level from Chen Qi, when in fact they've had some great matches and their head-to-head record is pretty even. I thought Chen Qi just played terrible last night, both vs. Boll and in the doubles finals. Then again, that's one of Chen Qi's biggest criticisms -- the guy is just too damn inconsistent! In this respect, he's a lot like Xu Xin, and I really hope XX can get more consistent and not slowly fade away like CQ.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews

What the heck was that in the end..
Doing that in front of his senior.. What a disgrace..