Jan 2018
79gmL4s.jpg

L2dyjbI.jpg

E1pyIWF.jpg

1LKd1JG.jpg

mhiaiqb.jpg

uhUawcS.jpg

hKgvAlp.jpg

Dainton: Please tell China that Australia is through with Trump. Let's be friends.
O7DCZ6L.jpg

nZy9eiJ.jpg

ajveFDG.jpg

w6kKl7C.jpg

T5r8ylK.jpg

XNF3xhI.jpg

lmwx4ii.jpg

OcDMl7o.jpg

CRv9XsA.jpg

Reactions: driversbeat
This user has no status.
As a ITO fan, i'm not too disappointed. Even against SYS, ITO was clearly experimenting. It didn't work out. She did surprise a bit SYS who reacted well to her new strategies, but clearly ITO was not mastering those as well. Yet ITO sticked to her new plays instead of trying old things, and she should be praised for that.

All in all; SYS seems to be the player with the best overall skills, but even in a so-so day, ITO gave SYS a good challenge, and took 2 sets out of her. ITO is playing a high risk game, and i believe definitely in a good day she can beat SYS or even CM, but she is still the underdog.

Mima is still young, and working to find new ways to improve. I believe she can make it, one day, and hopefully become a world or olympic champion

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
As a ITO fan, i'm not too disappointed. Even against SYS, ITO was clearly experimenting. It didn't work out. She did surprise a bit SYS who reacted well to her new strategies, but clearly ITO was not mastering those as well. Yet ITO sticked to her new plays instead of trying old things, and she should be praised for that.

All in all; SYS seems to be the player with the best overall skills, but even in a so-so day, ITO gave SYS a good challenge, and took 2 sets out of her. ITO is playing a high risk game, and i believe definitely in a good day she can beat SYS or even CM, but she is still the underdog.

Mima is still young, and working to find new ways to improve. I believe she can make it, one day, and hopefully become a world or olympic champion

I think it was more that SYS let off the brakes a bit too early rather than Ito truly earning two games, but who am I to say...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019

Would it kill Ito to learn to rally and defend? That might actually give her more opportunities to execute her famous attacks. She just seems to force everything at the third ball. Not only is it inaccurate, it's predictable.

This user has no status.
sure SYS put off the brakes, but so what, as soon as she does ITO could grab those 2 games. i still stand that on a good day ITO can beat SYS CM or anyone. The real problem is to win a big tournament she likely needs to beat at least 2 big CNT players, not just one.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
[size=+1]LETS DO IT, ONCE AND FOR ALL.

just take away all the DHS Reinbow Tables (skiddy-glossy tabletop plus near zero traction on the table's surface) from all international competitions, then you will see a dramatic turnover with the WR TOP 10. You will see all the Chinese going far downhill.

It is the low-friction plastic laminates that cause the ball bouncing too low, too fast upon impact. Scientifical group associated to Japan National Niigata University did present a solid evidence a wile ago.
[/size]

https://vk.com/doc199930161_573776133
table_friction_1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Snippets from the interview with Li Sun.

On Ito and SYS's Semi-Finals

The two of them have been playing each other since they were young(er), and can be considered as neck to neck (伯仲之间). For Ito, she always brings something new to the table during each encounter. You can always observe some changes introduced to her playing style. For SYS, she probably has the upper hand in terms of overall ability but the way she handles specific shots and variation wise, she pales in comparison to Ito. The eventual winner of each encounter depends fundamentally on who is able to control the overall flow of the match and seize opportunities.

On CM and HY's Semi-Finals

On the whole, CM has steadied her performance over the past months and has matured mentally as well. She has also shown tremendous improvements playing choppers (Ito: Nani?). However as HY's utilises short pips like Wu Yang instead of long pips for her backhand, CM had to spend much of the match getting used HY's spins and rhythms, and hence the dip in performance. It probably has to do with her relative lack of experience playing short pips choppers too (Wu Yang: But you just said I uses short pips and we have trained together for years)...

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Ishikawa: Me can't even take 1 game being up 5:1...

This time around, let's check out some comments on TV Tokyo youtube community.

https://www.youtube.com/post/UgxOTr2xu12dm9dKejp4AaABCQ
FPeswsY8qeKOBpVGCkzl6LR20EFt_v0q09KYVvn7tCXPEpMretiohhfypJnzxuGiS6Z_wbC2jNuX=s1024-nd

とうがらし
1 day ago
孫はまじで化け物
中国国内では対策されてて勝ちにくくはなってるけど他国にはまじで負けない…しかもこれで若手ってのがやばすぎる
Sun is seriously a monster. Measures have been taken in China, making it difficult to win, but can't really lose to other countries...and these youngsters are too dangerous.[not sure about this last clause]
やまがたけん
1 day ago
心配無用、伊藤も若手
Don't worry, Ito is also young​

8h yuka
1 day ago
カスミンのバックハンドが強化されてたりラリーが進化してるのをすごく感じて努力の日々が見えて頭が下がる思いでした 試合は終わった訳じゃありません!次頑張ってください カスミンファイト!
I really felt that Kasumin's backhand was strengthened and the rally was evolving, and I could see the days of effort. I was really touched. The game is not over! Please do your best next time! Kasumin, fighto!

あんどり
1 day ago
わかってたけどレベルが違い過ぎましたね。
I knew it, but the level was too different.

ナナハゴロー
1 day ago
結局、中国のスポーツなんだよな
In the end, it’s a Chinese sport.

たくみん。
1 day ago
コロナ禍の中、スポーツ観戦が好きなのですが、いろんな大会が中止になり、ほとんど大会がない中、この大会で石川選手を見れてとても嬉しかったです。2週間の隔離など、大変な状況の大会だったので、出来るのならもっと試合をして欲しいなぁという思いはありました。結果はストレート負けでしたが、石川選手も孫選手もとても好きな選手で、見てて興奮するラリーも見られたので幸せでした。これからどうなるかわかりませんし、もしかしたらまた暫く試合が見れないかもしれませんが、次の試合が見られるまで、楽しみに待っています????
みまちゃん孫選手との試合頑張ってほしいです!応援しています!(多分リアルタイムは厳しいからアーカイブかな…?)
I like watching sports in the midst of the corona, but I was very happy to see Ishikawa at this tournament while various tournaments were canceled and there were almost no tournaments. It was a difficult tournament, such as two weeks of quarantine, so I wanted to play more games if possible. The result was a straight-game defeat, but both Ishikawa and Sun are my favorite players and I feel fortunate to see some exciting rallies between them. I don't know what's going to happen, and maybe I won't see the match again for a while, but I'm looking forward to seeing the next match ????

I want you to do your best in the match with Mima-chan, Sun! I support you! (Probably a recording because real-time is difficult...?)
たくみん。
1 day ago
私は卓球の戦術などほとんど知らないのですが、石川選手がベストを尽くして欲しいという思いしか出来ないのが少し歯痒いです。
私に出来るのは、石川選手をあまり良くなく思っている人がいるとしても、石川選手のファンとして、全力で応援することだけだと思うので、精一杯の応援と、この試合の勝者の孫選手を称えることだと思っています。​
I don't know much about table tennis tactics, but besides my hope for Ishikawa to try her best, I feel a little annoyed.
Even if some people think that Ishikawa is not so good, I think that as a fan of Ishikawa, I can only support her with all my strength, so I will do my best to support her and congratulate Sun, the winner of this match.​
こん
1 day ago
@たくみん。 ファンの鑑
A role-model for fans​
たくみん。
17 hours ago
@こん おそらく石川選手や孫選手、卓球選手のファンが思っていることです。こんさんも卓球ファンなので私にファンの鑑と言ってくださったんですよね?まだまだ時間はかかると思いますが、世界でまたツアーなどが開催される日を信じて、楽しみにしていましょう????
This is probably what fans of Ishikawa, Sun, and table tennis players think. Kon-san is also a table tennis fan, so you told me that this is the role-model for fans, right? I think it will take some time, but let's believe in the day when tours will be held again in the world and look forward to it ????​

ke i
20 hours ago
石川には悪いが、順当な結果。彼女の卓球はこれが限界。別に中国じゃなくても、世界の強豪国の代表クラスが相手だともうい勝てないよ。研究されてるし、これ以上の伸びしろもないし、残念だけど・・・
Though bad for Ishikawa, this is the normal result. This is the limit of her table tennis. Even if it's not China, she can't win against the representative players of the world's strongest nations. It's being researched, and there's no room for further growth, which is a shame ...
レッド〜
17 hours ago
一回戦のカットマン対策はかなり上手くなってた気がするけどな
この試合でも打ち合いは以前より良くなってる気がする
I feel that the measures against chopper in the first round have become quite good.
I feel that the meeting is better than before in this match as well​

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
So, we can preliminarily say:
In the ITTF rankings for December (and January 2021?) - ITO Mima drops to third place, SYS will be second ...

WMY - DN - 4th - 5th places ...ZYL - LSW - 6 - 7 ...

Ishikawa will apparently remain nr. 9 ...
But will Hirano be able to stay nr. 11?

Reactions: zeio
Jan 2018
Last edited:
Jan 2018
Ito, Ishikawa and Hirano are not fond of it as they have mentioned the race was tiring.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Too many unforced errors from Ito, not just the serves but also returns. There were many moments where Ito could've easily put the ball back on the table had she taken more caution at certain times instead of going all wild at every stroke. When you watch SYS she often does a safe and a slow return and following with a faster either loop/smash shot after which got her point this way many times.

Jan 2018
As a ITO fan, i'm not too disappointed...

You're marooning Ishikawa? I'm disappointed!

making fun of ISHIKAWA is just a meme. We all love her, Zeio included.

I'm a fan and supporter of ISHIKAWA but yeh i think she's useless against top Chinese players. not just by a lack of skill but because of mental problems because ISHIKAWA has just lost too many fights already.

If I was the Japanese coach i wouldn't let her play in a team event against China. I would try a young player. or if I don't have the choice at least i would put her #3

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
Jan 2018
Would it kill Ito to learn to rally and defend? That might actually give her more opportunities to execute her famous attacks. She just seems to force everything at the third ball. Not only is it inaccurate, it's predictable.

Reminds me of this.

https://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20190430/tab19043018150001-n1.html

Participating in 3 events for the first time, "I felt so difficult to win medals." In particular, from becoming the target for team China to being named the "Great Demon King" by the Chinese media in advance, and losing to the same-aged Sun Yingsha in the 3rd round of singles and hence failing to medal. "China has studied hard and come up with countermeasures together and I felt that the entire team came to defeat 1 player. I felt that "I won't get even 1 point" from the 1st game."

"I could play to 70, 80% of my ability (in a losing match), but I cannot win without 100%. In order to win steadily like a Chinese player, it is necessary to be able to win even at 60 to 70% of power." "It's more important to improve one's strength with high-quality practice than China measures. I feel that I am still not there yet, but I think that I can go further in the future".

Jan 2018
https://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2020-11-11/doc-iiznezxs1282519.shtml
https://hochi.news/articles/20201111-OHT1T50009.html
平野早矢香指出,中国顶尖选手的球和日本男陪练的球在节奏和力量上都不一样。对于伊藤美诚来讲只能在比赛中去适应和习惯了,但因为半年多没有比赛,训练也不足,确实对伊藤美诚有影响。

平野早矢香还提到伊藤美诚发球上的变化。伊藤美诚动作和准备时的握拍、抛球高度、路线都有变化。发球也会影响到接球和第三球的旋转,所以很难改变,但伊藤选手的特点是可以不断改变。另外,对于稍微浮起的球,增加了扣杀的次数,可以看到她积极攻击的姿态。伊藤美诚变强了。

中国女队主帅李隼也指出,“孙颖莎和伊藤美诚的这场比赛很有代表性。莎莎在整体实力上略高一点,但是单个球的变化上不如伊藤美诚。还是要看对大势的把握,对战机球的把握。”
Hirano Sayaka pointed out that the shot of the top Chinese players and those of the Japanese male sparring partners are different in rhythm and strength. For Mima Ito, she can only adapt and get used to it in the competition, but because there has been no competition for more than half a year and training is insufficient, it does have an impact on Mima Ito.

Hirano Sayaka also mentioned the changes in Mima Ito's serve. Mima Ito changed her grip, toss height, and path during the stroke and preparations. Serving also affects the rotation of the receive and third ball, so it is difficult to change, but the characteristics of Ito can be constantly changing. In addition, for the slightly floating ball, the number of smashes has been increased, and her aggressive attack posture could be seen. Mima Ito has become stronger.

The Chinese women’s team coach Li Sun also pointed out, “The match between Sun Yingsha and Mima Ito is very representative. Shasha’s overall strength is slightly higher, but the variations of individual shots are not as good as Mima Ito. It still depends on grasping of the flow and crucial points."

Last edited: