Reverse Pendulum Serve Suggestions

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Wow! Didn't even notice! Well that's a bad habit I guess. I realize I'm doing it as I write this! Haha well thanks so much for all the help.

Ha ha ! Its a pleasure agold. I also agree about the arm and elbow height that GionisTT was saying , thats what I was trying to tell you the first time. One easy thing would be to have your arm at the start of the backswing when you start serving and once you get that down you can start the complete motion.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
Ha ha ! Its a pleasure agold. I also agree about the arm and elbow height that GionisTT was saying , thats what I was trying to tell you the first time. One easy thing would be to have your arm at the start of the backswing when you start serving and once you get that down you can start the complete motion.

So you mean that I just hold my bat in the last position it would be in before contact, and then just throw the ball and do the motion from there? That's a good idea.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
BTW , its not a bad habit , its an indication that your body is not completely relaxed and you are not breathing normally

Maybe I could do a procedure in tourneys before every serve, kind of like basketball players before free throws—like maybe I breathe out a couple times, and shake out my arms, and then serve. I know ML sometimes shakes out his bat in his wrist to listen the grip up for more rotation.

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
I didn't even notice that I was doing it wrong (ilegal) haha, I don't hide it because I want to hide it, just forget to remove my arm. I think I don't do that anymore because this video is recorded before 4 months, now I am serving completely different

Well now i need to change it too

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Shortly, i think you need to know about center of gravity moves..Without it, only using the arms swing is hard to make a powerful spin serve. That's the reason why national players stemp their foot when they make a serve. Good luck:)

Last edited:
Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
Well now i need to change it too

I had the same problems couple months ago. I forced myself to throw my whole arm either aside or backwards, this would solve the "illegal" aspects of the serve and help me get into position faster. After about 4-5 weeks I started serving like this automatically.