Rozena vs Mantra

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Rozena is an allround offensive rubber, on par with ESN rubbers. The spring sponge feels different to ESN rubbers, which might be the reason ESN-users experience "uncontrolled bounciness" with Rozena. Not sure who said it, but I think it was mentioned on this forum: Rozena is a jack of all trades, but a master of none. This actually describes the Rozena in a single line.

Again, this complete post is based on my personal thoughts/opinion.

Thanks much for sharing your experiences. I do try to find equipment to test before I buy, but so far nothing quite feels like Calibra with a bit more spin. I can get Rozena now for the price of Mantra M, so I'll be trying out a sheet. I'm thinking Rozena will match up well with an ALC blade. Do you or anyone else have experience with Rozena with any particular type of blade? Thanks again!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
tried both. i would choose Mantra M as a forehand rubber over Rozena due to having more better attacking properties (preference). Rozena is a better backhand rubber though.

Thanks for your suggestion. Would you be able to do a quick comparison of the Mantra to the Calibra LT which is my current rubber? I'm looking for a rubber that shares some of the speed and feel characteristics on a carbon blade, but with a bit more assist in the spin department. Also, if possible, can you share with me the blade that you used for comparing rubbers. Thanks!!

Mantra H and Calibra LT would almost be in the same hardness but Mantra H and M are spinnier than the previous Calibras. You see, the topsheet may look like matted and not spinny, but the moment you hit the ball or loop with it, it is very spinny for each H and M versions.

Reactions: yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Mantra H and Calibra LT would almost be in the same hardness but Mantra H and M are spinnier than the previous Calibras. You see, the topsheet may look like matted and not spinny, but the moment you hit the ball or loop with it, it is very spinny for each H and M versions.

Thanks much for the comparison.