Rubber for Spinny Serves

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Here are some rubbers I have used recently and generate awesome spin on serves. Calibra LT Spin, Calibra LT, Calibra LT Plus. I can only generate really good spin on serve with Calibra LT Sound if I do high toss, gets the ball to sink into the sponge some, and yet hard to serve short, just like what Anders said.

Killerspin Blast is also spinny in its own right. A bit spinnier than these are Genius, 1Q and 5Q. I found my spinny serve beast in Magna TX II. Maybe just a result with my familiarity with the rubber as this is my preferred FH rubber to date.

My realization is that most if not all of these high quality rubbers can generate massive spin on serves if only one would take the time to stick with one particular rubber and really learn how to use it.

The lesson here for me is to stop looking for special equipment/EJing and practice more with what rubber you've got. Ha ha ha serves me right!

My thanks to all who shared their thoughts and experience.

says Aha, sorry. Trodde du var en annan Millesom spelar i...
Im all for spin. Fastarc G1, T05, Barracuda, Rasant Grip, Rakza 7, Rakza X, and so on...But!
Have been playing with Adidas P7 for a while, i got to say that this is pretty much the most spin you can get from a rubber. Read the ratings here, they are very true indeed. If you read the reviews under the ratins you get the idea. Way, way more spinnier than Haifu Blue whale that someone said in a post here. Tackiness has not so much spin to me, and believe me i have tried many tacky rubbers.

http://www.tabletennisdb.com/top-rubber/spin-desc.html

Btw, The tacky Butterfly spin-monster rubber Spinart is listed as same spinrating as T05 by Butterfly themselves, and i totally agree!

Good luck!

Last edited: