Rubber recommendations for new Super ZLC blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
Hi all,
My favoured setup after a summer of trialling is Viscaria with Tenergy 05 Max FH and Tenergy 80 1.9 BH.

With a birthday coming up and my wife asking for present ideas I am thinking of asking for the Fan Zhendong Super ZLC.

Does anyone with experience of these blades have recommendations for the best rubbers? I was thinking Tenergy 05 FH again as my serve and FH is ultra aggressive.

Also grateful for any ideas on the BH. My BH loop has improved 500% over the summer but when it comes to matchplay... I still block and drive and cut a fair amount.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Hi all,
My favoured setup after a summer of trialling is Viscaria with Tenergy 05 Max FH and Tenergy 80 1.9 BH.

With a birthday coming up and my wife asking for present ideas I am thinking of asking for the Fan Zhendong Super ZLC.

Does anyone with experience of these blades have recommendations for the best rubbers? I was thinking Tenergy 05 FH again as my serve and FH is ultra aggressive.

Also grateful for any ideas on the BH. My BH loop has improved 500% over the summer but when it comes to matchplay... I still block and drive and cut a fair amount.

ZLC is harder and has a lower throw than Vis. Super ZLC goes another level up. SZLC suits hard hitter as it is very difficult to create spin from the blade itself.

Are you a hard hitter close to the table?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 3 reviews
You can play any rubber you like on the FZD SZLC, the blade doesnt determine the rubbers, your personal taste does (and your abilities). I have two players in my club who play with the ZJK SZLC, they both play Xiom Vega X on both sides. They arent hitters, they just like the crispiness of the blade. Both can loop very well with it. Ive tried it too, but I didnt like the rock hard feeling of it. For blocking these blades are absolutely incredible, though.

Last edited: