New rubbers for my Clipper CR (non WRB)

This user has no status.
So I want to change my rubbers in my Clipper CR, I've been using Friendship Battle II in the FH and Donic Bluefire M2 in the BH. I really feel that I need something more, like more power and precision at both, BH and FH (my current rubbers are so worn out, maybe that's why I fail too much shots).

My style is close to mid range, I really like to play agressive, but I can adapt to everything (drives, chops, blocks...). I have a good BH technique and good power for fast loops and drives (that's usually how I end a point), and a powerful and spinny FH. I don't really have that much power in flicks.

I've been thinking about putting some H3 Neo at the FH and maybe a Tenergy 05 at the BH. What do you guys think?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If your rubbers are not grabbing the ball, if they are old enough to be worn to the point where the topsheet is no longer very grippy, any new rubbers will be good.

If you take a ball and press it gently into the topsheet and try to slide the ball across the rubber, if it slides, you need new rubbers and probably your issue is that the topsheet is no longer grabbing the ball. If you can't slide the ball across the rubber at all, it might be something different.

There are other ways to test the grip on the topsheet. But, not so easy to describe:

In that video I just posted the link to, the guy is doing something that starts at about 17 seconds into the video. If you need your racket to face mostly up to get the ball to bounce up, if when your racket is at a high angle, the ball goes out to the side or down, you need new rubber.

With my racket, my racket is almost vertical when I contact the ball and the ball goes up. So, a much bigger angle than in the video. That is what a new, grippy rubber should be like. The video is old so the rubbers are not what we are using today.

Reactions: H3R0
This user has no status.
If your rubbers are not grabbing the ball, if they are old enough to be worn to the point where the topsheet is no longer very grippy, any new rubbers will be good.
Thank you, but do you recommend any specific one? Those 2 options are good enough for what I need? I've seen also Battle II Provincial one, cheaper than H3 Provincial.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thank you, but do you recommend any specific one? Those 2 options are good enough for what I need? I've seen also Battle II Provincial one, cheaper than H3 Provincial.

So many people will give you so many opinions. The rubber you use is less important than that they grip the ball.

Less expensive Chinese rubbers....many people like them. More expensive stuff like Tenergy and Dignics, many people like them. But every major TT company has many rubbers that would be fine for you. The rubber itself is not the important issue. If it grips the ball, you will spin the ball. Old rubber stops gripping the ball and the ball starts to slip off it unless you make very deep contact. Old rubbers can start showing some of the characteristics of antispin. If you wanted that, it would be fine. But if you want offensive capabilities, newer grippy rubbers....

This user has no status.
So many people will give you so many opinions. The rubber you use is less important than that they grip the ball.

Less expensive Chinese rubbers....many people like them. More expensive stuff like Tenergy and Dignics, many people like them. But every major TT company has many rubbers that would be fine for you. The rubber itself is not the important issue. If it grips the ball, you will spin the ball. Old rubber stops gripping the ball and the ball starts to slip off it unless you make very deep contact. Old rubbers can start showing some of the characteristics of antispin. If you wanted that, it would be fine. But if you want offensive capabilities, newer grippy rubbers....
Thank you really much! I think I'll go for the Battle II Provincial, since I'm currently playing with the normal one, I'll see what I could get for the BH.