Seeking Advice on Rubber Choice for Donic Waldner Senso Carbon

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
Hello everyone,
I'm seeking some advice regarding the rubber choice for my Donic Waldner Senso Carbon blade.
Currently, I have a Donic Bluestorm Z2 on the forehand, but I'm experiencing some difficulty generating heavy topspin without making the ball go beyond the table. On the backhand, I have a Donic Acuda P3, which I find to be a bit slow in many cases.
If you have any personal experiences or insights on rubbers that could work well with the Donic Waldner Senso Carbon blade, please share them. Furthermore, I would also like to know if it's worth considering rubbers from brands other than Donic. If you have had positive experiences with rubbers from different brands, please share your recommendations. Thank you in advance for your valuable input!

Last edited:
Reactions: FrenchFrog33
If You by Z2 mean Bluestorm Z2 You should have no problem generating good topspin. If You witn P3 mean Accuda blue P3, then try an Accuda blue P2 or even a BlueFire M2. About other rubbers, the ones made by ESN are all very similar, some even identical.

I like for FH.
- Tibhar hybrid MK. More spin with this rubber (except Tenergy05)
- Victas ventus extra (ESN rubber)
- Nittaku Hammond Z2 (Japanese a little less catapult and spin than Victas)
- BTY Tenergy05 (but I need to improve my short game its like walking on a razors edge very catapulty)
- Rakza 7 (A jack of all trades does everything good but is best at nothing)
- BTY Glazer09C (A litte bit slow and hard, I am undecided on this one yet.

I like for BH
- Donic Accuda blue P2
- Neottec X5-M
- BTY Glazer (A little hard and borderline too fast, but You can make very efficient kill shots)

I am currently set to test some Chinese ruber on FH

Cheers
L-zr

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
If You by Z2 mean Bluestorm Z2 You should have no problem generating good topspin. If You witn P3 mean Accuda blue P3, then try an Accuda blue P2 or even a BlueFire M2. About other rubbers, the ones made by ESN are all very similar, some even identical.

I like for FH.
- Victas ventus extra (ESN rubber)
- Nittaku Hammond Z2 (Japanese a little less catapult and spin than Victas)
- BTY Tenergy06 (but I need to improve my short game its like walking on a razors edge very catapulty)
- Rakza 7 (A jack of all trades does everything good but is best at nothing)
- BTY Glazer09C (A litte bit slow and hard, I am undecided on this one yet=

I like for BH
- Donic Accuda blue P2
- Neottec X5-M
- BTY Glazer (A little hard and borderline too fast, but You can make very efficient kill shots)

I am currently set to test some Chinese ruber on FH

Cheers
L-zr
Thank you so much for your valuable advice! I really appreciate your input. After careful consideration, I think I'm leaning towards using the Donic P2 on my backhand – it seems to suit my style well.

Regarding the forehand rubber, I've taken note of your suggestions and looked into the Victas Ventus Extra.
It seems to be a powerful option, but I've read that it can be physically demanding to use. Another alternative I'm considering is going for a rubber more tailored to high-level players, such as the Nittaku Hammond Z2, but with a thinner thickness to maintain better control and avoid sending the ball too high off the table. I'll continue to explore my options, but any additional insights or recommendations are welcome!

Thank you so much for your valuable advice! I really appreciate your input. After careful consideration, I think I'm leaning towards using the Donic P2 on my backhand – it seems to suit my style well.

Regarding the forehand rubber, I've taken note of your suggestions and looked into the Victas Ventus Extra.
It seems to be a powerful option, but I've read that it can be physically demanding to use. Another alternative I'm considering is going for a rubber more tailored to high-level players, such as the Nittaku Hammond Z2, but with a thinner thickness to maintain better control and avoid sending the ball too high off the table. I'll continue to explore my options, but any additional insights or recommendations are welcome!
I actually have a new FH favorite now. I started to play with Tibhar hybrid MK. I think it’s better than both. It may still be the honeymoon phase but even though it’s harder than both of them I am able to get more spin both by digging in and brushing. Even light brushing.
I will update the other post.

Regarding rubber thickness, don’t forget the weight. Thick rubber = heavier rubber, Thin rubber = lighter rubber. It may make a difference.
Also a thin rubber appears harder when you play with it.

Cheers
L-zr

Last edited:
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Hello everyone,
I'm seeking some advice regarding the rubber choice for my Donic Waldner Senso Carbon blade.
Currently, I have a Donic Bluestorm Z2 on the forehand, but I'm experiencing some difficulty generating heavy topspin without making the ball go beyond the table. On the backhand, I have a Donic Acuda P3, which I find to be a bit slow in many cases.
If you have any personal experiences or insights on rubbers that could work well with the Donic Waldner Senso Carbon blade, please share them. Furthermore, I would also like to know if it's worth considering rubbers from brands other than Donic. If you have had positive experiences with rubbers from different brands, please share your recommendations. Thank you in advance for your valuable input!

See 6 min 52 sec for Donic Malaysia recommendation.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023

Ok, I have a Donic Waldner Senso Carbon. It is ok. It makes a very distinct carbon sound. It is not super fast.

A couple comments:

1) The face of the blade is smaller than other blades. I know because once I cut the rubber to size onto the Donic Waldner Senso Carbon, I cannot transfer those rubbers to other blade. Too small! If you plan to recycle your rubber onto another blade, then do not cut your rubber to size on that blade. Leave a bit of margin so you can recycle your rubbers.

2) As a result, the blade can be a bit lighter.

3) I agree with Lazer. When you try new equipment you want to introduce one variable at a time. So for BH, simple. If you like Donic Accuda blue P3 but it is a bit soft, just be safe and get Donic Accuda blue P2.

4) For FH, if you want to generate lots of topspin against backspin push, you can use Sanwei National Target (I get mine from Megaspin and I am not sure Megaspin ships to Italy). For ESN rubber, you cannot go wrong with Rakza 7. I have not played with other FH rubbers recommended by Lazer. But Rakza 7, despite its age, is a very good choice. I am not sold on any new ESN rubbers in the $50's and $60 dollar range.

Reactions: Oras
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
but I'm experiencing some difficulty generating heavy topspin without making the ball go beyond the table.
Hi Oras

Welcome to the forum.
I highlighted the above, as I think this is your key point in your post.

Would you mind sending a video, if you are not comfortable on a public platform - you are welcome to send it to me via private messenger.
There are quite a few probabilities and from experience, I can guess them out, and maybe changing rubbers might not be the quickest and cheapest method.
On equipment side, I do have suggestions, I see many has made good suggestions already, but I am more a coach than a equipment sales man, and I prefer to understand your problem first.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
Hi Oras

Welcome to the forum.
I highlighted the above, as I think this is your key point in your post.

Would you mind sending a video, if you are not comfortable on a public platform - you are welcome to send it to me via private messenger.
There are quite a few probabilities and from experience, I can guess them out, and maybe changing rubbers might not be the quickest and cheapest method.
On equipment side, I do have suggestions, I see many has made good suggestions already, but I am more a coach than a equipment sales man, and I prefer to understand your problem first.
Hi !

Unfortunately, the table tennis school where I currently attend is temporarily closed, and it won't be reopening for another month. Due to this, I won't be able to provide a video at this time.

I'm aware that I need to work on improving my technique, particularly a certain shot. On a separate note, my rubbers are quite worn out and will need replacement by September. I'm considering trying something new and not going with the Donic Z2 again, as my experience with it wasn't very positive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
Ok, I have a Donic Waldner Senso Carbon. It is ok. It makes a very distinct carbon sound. It is not super fast.

A couple comments:

1) The face of the blade is smaller than other blades. I know because once I cut the rubber to size onto the Donic Waldner Senso Carbon, I cannot transfer those rubbers to other blade. Too small! If you plan to recycle your rubber onto another blade, then do not cut your rubber to size on that blade. Leave a bit of margin so you can recycle your rubbers.

2) As a result, the blade can be a bit lighter.

3) I agree with Lazer. When you try new equipment you want to introduce one variable at a time. So for BH, simple. If you like Donic Accuda blue P3 but it is a bit soft, just be safe and get Donic Accuda blue P2.

4) For FH, if you want to generate lots of topspin against backspin push, you can use Sanwei National Target (I get mine from Megaspin and I am not sure Megaspin ships to Italy). For ESN rubber, you cannot go wrong with Rakza 7. I have not played with other FH rubbers recommended by Lazer. But Rakza 7, despite its age, is a very good choice. I am not sold on any new ESN rubbers in the $50's and $60 dollar range.
Thank you for the recommendation of Rakza 7. However, I have a concern: Would using Rakza 7 on the FH result in a similar or possibly slower feel compared to the Donic P2 on the BH?

This user has no status.
Hello everyone,
Get some rakza 7 and be happy

Reactions: DG89
This user has no status.
Thank you for the recommendation of Rakza 7. However, I have a concern: Would using Rakza 7 on the FH result in a similar or possibly slower feel compared to the Donic P2 on the BH?
It will feel like a the ball enter the sponge and get catapulted by the force that you do. It's not a very fast rubber (but is fast), with a soft feeling (while the sponge is 45-47°), but spinny and controllable.