serious TT extra homework.

says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
Grandmaster,

This video is for you and those who are serious athlete.
I have already watching it, brother. I respect Seth and his knowledge about TT.

Many people here is telling me, that there is no point for such a training for TT. In this kind of quotes, still, I completely disagree.

You can play this sport in any kind of physique, that why it’s so popular, but when your goal is to progress - you should, and must, incorporate structural strength training in your training routine. You must exploit all the tools that will make you a better overall athlete. Even if it gives you ten or more percent increase in power, and speed/mobility, injury prevention - it’s just stupid not to using it. Again, my humble opinion, every one should and can have their own. Just giving 80% to TT and 20% to overall strength and mobility, that would be enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: caMo and turbozed
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I have already watching it, brother. I respect Seth and his knowledge about TT.

Many people here is telling me, that there is no point for such a training for TT. In this kind of quotes, still, I completely disagree.

You can play this sport in any kind of physique, that why it’s so popular, but when your goal is to progress - you should, and must, incorporate structural strength training in your training routine. You must exploit all the tools that will make you a better overall athlete. Even if it gives you ten or more percent increase in power, and speed/mobility, injury prevention - it’s just stupid no to using it. Again, my humble opinion, every one should and can have their own. Just giving 80% to TT and 20% to overall strength and mobility, that would be enough.

that is correct
since 40+ ball changeover in 2016, Asia has catch up to the world in terms of strength training.
It is common for teams now to do strength training for about 5 to 10 hours a week, whereby 10 years ago, it is could only be 2 to 3 hours a week.
the strength training has also incorporate a lot of modern methods, over and on top of the traditional physical drills.

The girls in the team actually have "stiff bodies" after a proper 1.5 hour strength training. And those are fit bodies, that train 30 + hours a week on the table.
So it is very different muscle groups and it also trains the body to function better.

says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
that is correct
since 40+ ball changeover in 2016, Asia has catch up to the world in terms of strength training.
It is common for teams now to do strength training for about 5 to 10 hours a week, whereby 10 years ago, it is could only be 2 to 3 hours a week.
the strength training has also incorporate a lot of modern methods, over and on top of the traditional physical drills.

The girls in the team actually have "stiff bodies" after a proper 1.5 hour strength training. And those are fit bodies, that train 30 + hours a week on the table.
So it is very different muscle groups and it also trains the body to function better.
Partly, that’s why they are the best. It’s not 1970 anymore, when people thought that strength training making you slow. Actually it’s work the opposite - it will make you faster, and more explosive.

Anyone with a proper knowledge of physiology will understand this.
Again, if your goal is just to ping ponging with a friend, and constantly picking “ideal” rubber or a blade, you can skip it, no problem. It’s okay.

If you willing to progress, and have an ambition to became stronger every year - quality strength training will only giving you benefits and nothing bout them

Last edited:
Reactions: blahness and tynion