Setup for Chinese style Arc/loop...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
Thanks for your detailed reply...
My stag was pretty fast.. it's rated also 9.1 for speed and 9.4 control as per user and manufacturer... and I don't see a jump in speed to be honest...in fact the mxp is max 20% faster and h3 40% slower at best

Yes, I tried a's many setups from members as possible...from TBS to joolas to yinhe t11+ mark v tenergy 05 , 80, 5fx acuda's and what not.... but I never liked the t11+ light weight and zero feel... so went for a carbon which as per reviews felt close to wood
I liked the 05 so bought the closest alternative mxp

I understand how control speed and spin are related... and when in a pvt competition among selected ones... I ended up 7th... with the 20$ stag power drive plus...I decided to take it more seriously...(you can laugh it off by assuming all were bad players if you like for yourself)

Does anyone know..is it possible for a high throw rubber to negate the low throw of the blade completely..

I need info on the technical aspect of the setup or from someone who has played with or owns a large no. of rubber blade combinations over a long period of time...but I guess it's like selecting a golf putter where options are endless and dependent upon individual style etc.

Best equipment for spinny topspin arcs would require appropriate
Flex
Dwell time
Tackiness
Control
Throw

My purpose was to ask for suggestions to modify my setup to bring it as close as possible to an appropriate setup....and then try adjust my technique to it...hope i make it clear

Dude, seriously: You are over-thinking this way too much. Just pick something that is a modest improvement on your current setup, and keep practicing.

P.S.: And blades don't have any "throw" whatsoever. If you think they do, peel off the rubbers, and try topspinning the ball with just the blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Does anyone know..is it possible for a high throw rubber to negate the low throw of the blade completely..

There are blades that produce higher arcs than others. So yes, probably to a degree, but not really negate but rather equalize.

If you use a hinoki blade with T05 and then use a blade with other wood type but same T05 rubber the arcs will be quite different.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
There are blades that produce higher arcs than others. So yes, probably to a degree, but not really negate but rather equalize.

If you use a hinoki blade with T05 and then use a blade with other wood type but same T05 rubber the arcs will be quite different.

That is mostly because of the speed of the blade. The throw stuff is so subtle and needs a high level player to feel it and is largely a bunch of EJ crap. The rubber determines the throw and the blade speed adds to the arc. Everything else is mostly EJ speak except in the hands of a precise player.

Reactions: Suga D
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Simple. Aim higher. I am not meaning to be glib. In time that will become natural and you won't worry about it anymore. You need to give yourself time to get used to something new.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
Its all in your hands.

Really..

I tried the club-chairmans blade the other day.. horrible.
Weighs nothing. Has pryde 30 on fh cappa something on bh.. I barely got the ball to the net.. he on the other hand didn't land any of the first 3 balls on the table using my setup.. :D

Then we switched back and the amount of spin and speed he produce with his blade is insane.. it's in hes wrists..

I need to start over. There are clearly better ways of doing things than how I do them! :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Thanks to all... I'll stick with it till I master it...it's true it's getting easier to play with by each passing day...

a more rigid bat with harder surface will definitely have lower throw. The ball bounces off the racket faster so spin doesn't grip into the sponge as much. all wood usually gives better response and spin, so it's recommended for learning. You could try maxing the thickness of the sponge. This will increase speed, spin and throw. Also, you could try 729 Battle II: higher throw being tackier and harder. It's also pretty cheap.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
a more rigid bat with harder surface will definitely have lower throw. The ball bounces off the racket faster so spin doesn't grip into the sponge as much. all wood usually gives better response and spin, so it's recommended for learning. You could try maxing the thickness of the sponge. This will increase speed, spin and throw. Also, you could try 729 Battle II: higher throw being tackier and harder. It's also pretty cheap.
Thanks, I'll try that.