Shoes to wear in concrete playing area

This user has no status.
Since you will be playing on concrete most of the time, look for good cushioning rather than the best grip. Protect your knees! I would suggest volleyball shoes or running shoes with a low heel to toe drop. I personally wear Puma Faas 300 V4 shoes and I'm thrilled about their performance concerning both cushioning and feel of the ground.

Reactions: thekleifheit13
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Since you will be playing on concrete most of the time, look for good cushioning rather than the best grip. Protect your knees! I would suggest volleyball shoes or running shoes with a low heel to toe drop. I personally wear Puma Faas 300 V4 shoes and I'm thrilled about their performance concerning both cushioning and feel of the ground.

right now i play in some under armour speedform apollo's are thoes fine?

This user has no status.
right now i play in some under armour speedform apollo's are thoes fine?
I think they should be fine, but of course you know better! I've played extensively with Under Armour Mantis and I thought they were very good. I liked their fit, their feel and I had no problems with sour knees though my right knee is weak...

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
On a rough concrete surface table tennis shoes ARE NOT WHAT YOU WANT.

A regular tennis would probably be better than a table tennis shoe on concrete. The sole of a table tennis shoe is made of gum rubber and is specifically for indoor-court surfaces. Same thing with indoor soccer shoes.

On rough concrete the sole of any good table tennis shoe would wear out within a few hours of heavy footwork drills.

Tennis shoes are designed for the same kind of lateral movement as happens in table tennis but they are heavier and more durable because they are designed for multiple surfaces including hard-court. . For the kind of surface you are describing Tennis shoes would be better and provide much better impact cushioning which you would not need on a normal indoor court surface but on rough concrete the lack of cushioning from the ultra thin sole of a Table Tennis shoe could end up giving you plantar fasciitis.

If that is the primary surface you play on, you don't want table tennis shoes or indoor soccer shoes.

You don't want running shoes either. The profile is too high for the lateral movement and you can turn and damage your ankles. Running shoes are designed for going straight forward. Not side to side.

Low cut basketball shoes would actually be okay for that surface also. Volleyball shoes for outdoor play would also be good.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Reactions: Rajah*
This user has no status.

A regular tennis would probably be better than a table tennis shoe on concrete. The sole of a table tennis shoe is made of gum rubber and is specifically for indoor-court surfaces. Same thing with indoor soccer shoes.

On rough concrete the sole of any good table tennis shoe would wear out within a few hours of heavy footwork drills.

Tennis shoes are designed for the same kind of lateral movement as happens in table tennis but they are heavier and more durable because they are designed for multiple surfaces including hard-court. . For the kind of surface you are describing Tennis shoes would be better and provide much better impact cushioning which you would not need on a normal indoor court surface but on rough concrete the lack of cushioning from the ultra thin sole of a Table Tennis shoe could end up giving you plantar fasciitis.

If that is the primary surface you play on, you don't want table tennis shoes or indoor soccer shoes.

You don't want running shoes either. The profile is too high for the lateral movement and you can turn and damage your ankles. Running shoes are designed for going straight forward. Not side to side.

Low cut basketball shoes would actually be okay for that surface also. Volleyball shoes for outdoor play would also be good.

Generally you are right, but many running shoes should work fine. I'm not referring to bulky running shoes with heavy cushioning built for long runs, but one can find running shoes which are light, minimalistic, they have a low profile and a low heel to toe drop; originally designed for shorter faster runs.

This user has no status.
Generally you are right, but many running shoes should work fine. I'm not referring to bulky running shoes with heavy cushioning built for long runs, but one can find running shoes which are light, minimalistic, they have a low profile and a low heel to toe drop; originally designed for shorter faster runs.
ohhh m8 u dont even know
the soles are gonna die pretty quickly for running shoes (rip my running shoes)
the sideways movement are not good for the soles of running shoes
tbh just get any old shoes, ur playing on concrete so im assuming its rough and u dont really need more grip to the floor

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016

so what shoes would you recommend? are the mizuno wave twister 2,3,4 good enough for my court conditions or not still?

This user has no status.
ohhh m8 u dont even know
the soles are gonna die pretty quickly for running shoes (rip my running shoes)
the sideways movement are not good for the soles of running shoes
tbh just get any old shoes, ur playing on concrete so im assuming its rough and u dont really need more grip to the floor
I do know m8 cause for the last 5 years since I started playing tt again, I train and compete with carefully selected running shoes. I gave up football due to knee injuries and running shoes protect me very well since I train 3-4 times per week on stone floor.
Of course other shoes should be just fine or better, but my point is that on hard floors cushioning should be strongly considered.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
We train in concrete surface but usually held our tournament in malls with ceramic tiles, any suggestion for a good shoe.
Thanks

Sent from my Lenovo A5000 using Tapatalk