Should I try H3Neo out? (coming from G1 and MX-S)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Okay so, I played with h3 for one month now. I loved it and my fh is better than ever.

I reboosted yesterday and played with it again. wow, just wow. this his hands down the best thing Ive ever tried, insane spin, insane feeling, amazing short game, so much dwell! my shots were deadly

However, now I wonder, do I always have to break commercial h3 in and reboost it to get this amazing feeling? The first time I boosted was good dont get me wrong, but not nearly as good as the reboost.

What are you tips and tricks to get good results from the get go with h3?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Okay so, I played with h3 for one month now. I loved it and my fh is better than ever.

I reboosted yesterday and played with it again. wow, just wow. this his hands down the best thing Ive ever tried, insane spin, insane feeling, amazing short game, so much dwell! my shots were deadly

However, now I wonder, do I always have to break commercial h3 in and reboost it to get this amazing feeling? The first time I boosted was good dont get me wrong, but not nearly as good as the reboost.

You need to reboost it. The initial boost is always just ok. That's why I got very upset that H3 neo is not as tacky as before anymore. When it was tacky and the tackiness did not wear off very quickly, you get to boost is several times before you have to throw the rubber away. Those old H3 just would not die!!!!

Which version of H3 are you playing with? regular or neo? commercial, provincial or national? blue sponge or orange sponge?

Reactions: ShoutGuy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011

This is the reason why hybrid rubbers are popular. Unfortunately, you can't just boost Hurricane once and forget about it. The effect does not last forever and it doesn't even last too long. Even worse is that the playing characteristics change a little every session you play with it as the booster degrades.

If you liked G1 and your friend's K3, I am surprised you have not considered using Nittaku Sieger PK50.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
You need to reboost it. The initial boost is always just ok. That's why I got very upset that H3 neo is not as tacky as before anymore. When it was tacky and the tackiness did not wear off very quickly, you get to boost is several times before you have to throw the rubber away. Those old H3 just would not die!!!!

Which version of H3 are you playing with? regular or neo? commercial, provincial or national? blue sponge or orange sponge?
I am using commercial h3 neo, orange sponge, 39 degree 2.1 thickness.

How many times do you usually reboost until the rubber dies? It plays perfect now after boosting 2 times within a month, but I dont know whether the rubber can take another boost in lets say another month from now

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
This is the reason why hybrid rubbers are popular. Unfortunately, you can't just boost Hurricane once and forget about it. The effect does not last forever and it doesn't even last too long. Even worse is that the playing characteristics change a little every session you play with it as the booster degrades.

If you liked G1 and your friend's K3, I am surprised you have not considered using Nittaku Sieger PK50.
Yeah, I get that now..

However the short game is so unbelievable with h3 I dont want to give that up, and I can play topspins with way higher confidence.

Regarding the pk50, I heard it will be discontinued so I didnt bother trying it

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Hi everyone,

I started table tennis about a year ago after more then a decade-long break. I tried out alot of blades and rubbers in my club and noticed that I really like rubbers that have low catapult. For a few months now I have been playing with Timo Boll ZLF and Fastarc G1 on both sides, amazing setup. I climbed from about 1200 TTR to about 1500TTR with this setup (dont know how that translates in USATT). So I guess I am low-intermediate.

I am still working on my technique every week, but legs, hips, arm and wrist are getting more and more involved since its slowly clicking for me how to use my body for topspin (I was 99% arm and hips when I started again with 0 weight transfer). I am now playing with the same blade but MX-S on both sides, it has even less catapult and needs more effort to activate it but I love this feeling, since I can use my legs to create powerful shots but have great control in the short game.

Now my question: Should I try out H3 Neo? I have read countless times how good it is, but also I am intimated because everyone says its incredibly difficult to switch to chinese rubbers. Also, boosting seems like a hassle. How long can I play with a hurricane neo, do I need to replace it often? Cost is also important, and G1 and MX-S last me a long time which saves money. To be honest, I was able to try out Tibhar K3 on a friend's racket and loved it, but the price is too high and durability seems horrible so that is unfortunate.

I am curious about what you have to say. Is it worth it to try it out or should I just stick to my tensor rubbers and keep practising with them? I dont have a coach btw, just lots and lots of youtube videos, notes taking and self recording.

Is the difference between normal and provincial version significant?
Is there a major difference between falco and seamoon booster?

Cheers!
The rubbers you use are fine. changing equipment isn't making you better unless you use something that just doesn't fit you.
Best way to try something is to buy the same blade & rubber and put the rubber you want to try on it.

But ye, get Hurricane 3 commercial. Don't like it? you wont like National

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
The rubbers you use are fine. changing equipment isn't making you better unless you use something that just doesn't fit you.
Best way to try something is to buy the same blade & rubber and put the rubber you want to try on it.

But ye, get Hurricane 3 commercial. Don't like it? you wont like National
yeah you didnt read anything in this thread, I have been playing with h3 for over a month now

• Haha
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I am using commercial h3 neo, orange sponge, 39 degree 2.1 thickness.

How many times do you usually reboost until the rubber dies? It plays perfect now after boosting 2 times within a month, but I dont know whether the rubber can take another boost in lets say another month from now
I don't know. You can keep on boosting it until it dies. No worries. And at some point, unfortunately, you do need to take out a brand new sheet and boost that one instead. Just let your hand decide when it is time to ditch the rubber.

I still have some old rubbers that I use to test new blades. I cannot test new blades unless it has H3 on the forehand side.

I am confused by a lot of people on forum rendering opinions on blades and rubbers when every single racket has a different rubbers on it and each racket is based on a different blade. That's like comparing apples to oranges.

So I keep my old H3 rubbers for testing purpose when I do use them for competition purpose anymore.

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Hey there,

more time has passed, and I am still playing with h3 on fh. Best decision Ive made.
After playing with commercial sheets for 2-3 months, I have been playing with h3 neo provincial 39 orange sponge for about 1 month now (1 layer of haifu). I noticed that in comparison to the commercial version, it reacts alot better to booster, it is slightly heavier and the topsheet is better.

Actually, even tho the booster effect is starting to fade, it is more than fine for me to keep playing with it, it doesnt feel slow. Therefore my question is, if I dont reboost my provincial sheet, for how long do you guys usually keep it on the blade? I am curious about the durability. In comparison to my bh rubber (omega 7 asia), the h3 still shows basically 0 wear which is amazing.

And the second question, would it be worth it to explore bluesponge or skyline rubbers of dhs? h3 neo experiment was a big success after playing with it for about 3-4 months now so I am curious about other dhs rubbers.

I am also thinking about trying h3 neo 37 degree provincial for my backhand.

Thank you!

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Hurricane 3 neo doesn't have the tackiness it used to have, so it's not as hard to use as people make it out to be.

I remember when I first put it on, I immedietly played a tournament without using it in training because my rozena gave out the night before (hit the table). And to my surprise I had no issues controlling it, nor did I make any mistakes that lost me points. I was using it like any other rubber and even though I felt a difference, I didn't have to adjust anything, I just played. It was a good rubber and I can still use it even after years and years of playing with tensors.

Here's the deal with this thing. It's extremely controlable and easy to use. Serve and recieve are easy, blocking and countering are automatic, topspin is a brushing heaven and ease of use is high when you do brush. Use a brushing motion and Hurricane 3 puts TT on easy mode. Try to hit or use fast accelaration, in euro style, and you'll hate the game. You have to let the ball stick to rubber and carry it when doing topspin, hence the brushing motion importance.

Topspins will be slower because of the tackiness and hardness, it will have no catapult, it's heavy as all hell, boosting is not nessessary but does give some more power, I don't particularly love it though.

Try it out yourself, it goes on sale on tt11 often and is 25 euros on AliExpress. Get the neo, it's a bit more friendly to use than non-neo.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Hurricane 3 neo doesn't have the tackiness it used to have, so it's not as hard to use as people make it out to be.

I remember when I first put it on, I immedietly played a tournament without using it in training because my rozena gave out the night before (hit the table). And to my surprise I had no issues controlling it, nor did I make any mistakes that lost me points. I was using it like any other rubber and even though I felt a difference, I didn't have to adjust anything, I just played. It was a good rubber and I can still use it even after years and years of playing with tensors.

Here's the deal with this thing. It's extremely controlable and easy to use. Serve and recieve are easy, blocking and countering are automatic, topspin is a brushing heaven and ease of use is high when you do brush. Use a brushing motion and Hurricane 3 puts TT on easy mode. Try to hit or use fast accelaration, in euro style, and you'll hate the game. You have to let the ball stick to rubber and carry it when doing topspin, hence the brushing motion importance.

Topspins will be slower because of the tackiness and hardness, it will have no catapult, it's heavy as all hell, boosting is not nessessary but does give some more power, I don't particularly love it though.

Try it out yourself, it goes on sale on tt11 often and is 25 euros on AliExpress. Get the neo, it's a bit more friendly to use than non-neo.
I feel the same way and I use the regular Hurricanez not the Neo.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Yeah, I don't know why people say it's hard to play with. It's controlled and spinny, brushing is easy and really good with hurricane.
Even the old Hurricane, if you used ir for a bit the tackiness became less unless you used protector sheets. It is ultimately about whether you have the ability to support playing with it. Some people don't like the way the tacky rubbers block but I am not high level enough to care and I now use carbon blades so the rebound is better.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Even the old Hurricane, if you used ir for a bit the tackiness became less unless you used protector sheets. It is ultimately about whether you have the ability to support playing with it. Some people don't like the way the tacky rubbers block but I am not high level enough to care and I now use carbon blades so the rebound is better.
I used it when it had high tackiness and I liked it on viscaria. Still thinking of putting it back the viscaria or getting a long v/sun yingsha and playing again with it. It just felt like it was the easy mode for table tennis. Tenergy is one hell of a rubber, but it's hard as balls to use.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
The tackiness is actually not the problem. If you keep the rubber clean it’ll last long albeit it’s certainly not the same as new. Don‘t clean it on your shirt while playing. On your short instead to avoid your sweat. And clean and cover it after use.

the sponge is the problem. It won’t last very long. Between 3-6 months depending on your tolerance. Worse, unlike unboosted european/japanese rubbers, it wears of without you playing. Probably because the booster forces it to be permanently stressed, ready to bounce. Im not sure.