Similar rubbers to tenergy 05 fx and rakza x soft

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Hi guys, could you reccomend some rubbers from xiom or even donic, maybe, that are very similar to tenergy 05fx or yasaka rakza x soft? I want some good soft, medium soft rubbers for my stiga infinity vps. I was considering buying rakza x soft but i want to see more alternatives from xiom and donic that are similar to this or the tenergy 05 fx. Please give as much alternatives as possible so i can search info about them as well and pick one. Thank you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I've been using the Yinhe Moon, $11.50 (+ shipping, 3-4 weeks to USA) from princett.com. From the revspin review:
"High speed, high tension, high friction rubber that feels a lot like a Japanese rubber. It is a high-performance non-tacky rubber. Built to compare to the Butterfly Tenergy 05 and 05-FX." (OK so that's an aspirational statement ...)

It comes with glue included, so just put the glue on the blade, remove the plastic from the rubber, and put the two together.
For me the medium sponge version is similar to the Nittaku FastArc G-1 or Rakza 7. The soft sponge version is similar to a Rakza 7 soft.

Bottom line is, I have to improve my technique and feeling for the ball before I can distinguish between the $11.50 and >$80.00 rubbers. If you glue the rubbers yourself you can just try one out for the price of a pizza.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
If you want T05fx or Rakza X Soft, get them.

If you want other soft rubbers, research them. But don't think another rubber is going to be similar to T05fx or R X Soft. It won't.

After i asked this question i found out that i was playing with cheap medium hard chinesse ruber and i improved my technique a lot(they were put on a premade blade from joola, my father s friend did that 3-4 years before) last month i started playing again and did it well so i wanted a faster and better blade and bought stiga infinity vps, now i m thinking to put medium or medium soft rubbers on it as it is a faster blade than the sh°t that i had. That s why i was thinking about rakza x soft that should go perfectly with this blade but a guy from the club who said he has several xiom and some donic rubbers and offered to make my blade. So now i m searching for xiom or donic rubbers who are similar to this, and by that i mean medium/medium soft rubbers (i might stick with medium on fh and medium soft on bh, or medium soft on both doesn t matter) just want to know some similar rubbers to rakza x now from xiom or donic. Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020

After i asked this question i found out that i was playing with cheap medium hard chinesse ruber and i improved my technique a lot(they were put on a premade blade from joola, my father s friend did that 3-4 years before) last month i started playing again and did it well so i wanted a faster and better blade and bought stiga infinity vps, now i m thinking to put medium or medium soft rubbers on it as it is a faster blade than the sh°t that i had. That s why i was thinking about rakza x soft that should go perfectly with this blade but a guy from the club who said he has several xiom and some donic rubbers and offered to make my blade. So now i m searching for xiom or donic rubbers who are similar to this, and by that i mean medium/medium soft rubbers (i might stick with medium on fh and medium soft on bh, or medium soft on both doesn t matter) just want to know some similar rubbers to rakza x now from xiom or donic. Thanks

XIOM and Donic both make good quality rubbers so, given that this is your first custom bat (have I understood that correctly?) I wouldn't be too fussy. Just ask your friend at the club what he has that's in the 42 - 45 degree hardness range and go ahead with those.

For XIOM rubbers those will usually be the ones that have "Euro" in the name. For example, XIOM Omega V Euro (45 degrees) and XIOM Omega VII Euro (42.5 degrees). The exceptions would be the Vega Asia DF (42.5 degrees) and the Vega Japan (45 degrees).

For Donic rubbers look out for the numbers in the name. For example Bluefire M2 (45 degrees), M3 (40 degrees), Bluefire JP2 (45 degrees), Bluefire JP3 (42.5 degrees), and Bluestorm Z3 (42.5) are all in the range you're looking for.

It's not going to make a huge difference to you whether you go with Donic or XIOM. At least, not at this stage. My personal opinion is that Donic rubbers seem have edge for the first little while and then their performance fades a bit, whereas XIOM rubbers take a bit of 'playing in' but then they seem to last longer.

If pushed I would probably suggest the XIOM Vega Japan or Asia DF (or, if you want a really soft BH, the Vega Euro DF at 37.5 degrees).

Reactions: Lazer
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Before you buy rubbers based on reviews/recommendations, you might want to ask people in your club if you can try out their rackets, especially if you know the people reasonably well. That way you'll get a decent idea of how the rubbers work for you. I've been fortunate that there some nice people in my club who have been willing to let me try out their setups despite covid. I've tried out 15 different rackets this way and have a much better appreciation for the variety of combinations out there. One person had five different set ups and he was gracious enough to let me try out all of them during our warm up rallies.

Reactions: yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Before you buy rubbers based on reviews/recommendations, you might want to ask people in your club if you can try out their rackets, especially if you know the people reasonably well. That way you'll get a decent idea of how the rubbers work for you. I've been fortunate that there some nice people in my club who have been willing to let me try out their setups despite covid. I've tried out 15 different rackets this way and have a much better appreciation for the variety of combinations out there. One person had five different set ups and he was gracious enough to let me try out all of them during our warm up rallies.
I m not a member of the club and i don t fully trust the guy who owns it because he tried to sell me some butterfly blades that none of them had serial number on, so i was getting suspicious and now i just came from a playing session and i got even more cause he showed me all the xiom rubbers that he has and there were more or less all the models, xiom vega, sigma, omega BUT all of them were cut, they didn t seem to have usage marks but still, he told me they came cut from the factory, is that even possible? I ve never heard of that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

XIOM and Donic both make good quality rubbers so, given that this is your first custom bat (have I understood that correctly?) I wouldn't be too fussy. Just ask your friend at the club what he has that's in the 42 - 45 degree hardness range and go ahead with those.

For XIOM rubbers those will usually be the ones that have "Euro" in the name. For example, XIOM Omega V Euro (45 degrees) and XIOM Omega VII Euro (42.5 degrees). The exceptions would be the Vega Asia DF (42.5 degrees) and the Vega Japan (45 degrees).

For Donic rubbers look out for the numbers in the name. For example Bluefire M2 (45 degrees), M3 (40 degrees), Bluefire JP2 (45 degrees), Bluefire JP3 (42.5 degrees), and Bluestorm Z3 (42.5) are all in the range you're looking for.

It's not going to make a huge difference to you whether you go with Donic or XIOM. At least, not at this stage. My personal opinion is that Donic rubbers seem have edge for the first little while and then their performance fades a bit, whereas XIOM rubbers take a bit of 'playing in' but then they seem to last longer.

If pushed I would probably suggest the XIOM Vega Japan or Asia DF (or, if you want a really soft BH, the Vega Euro DF at 37.5 degrees).

Thank you for this detailed description and advice but i might give up on xiom that this guy has (you can see in the reply above why) and i might stick with something like rakza 7, x or x soft or even dhs hurricane 3 neo/neo soft and buy a glue and glue them myself like i saw on timo boll and ovtcharov youtube video 😂

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Alex,

i used infinity a lot a few years ago, i always found that 1.9 Tenergy 05fx was much better, much more predictable and controllable and still as spinny as hell.
this was on fh as well as bh. infinity is already a flexy bouncy blade don't add max 05fx to it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Alex,

i used infinity a lot a few years ago, i always found that 1.9 Tenergy 05fx was much better, much more predictable and controllable and still as spinny as hell.
this was on fh as well as bh. infinity is already a flexy bouncy blade don't add max 05fx to it.

Thank you