So tired of tt shoe sizing!!!

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
First it was Butterfly, then Mizuno table tennis shoes. Why can't companies that make shoes adhere to a standard sizing.
Butterfly and Mizuno shoes are about 1 1/2 sizes too big. I have purchaes Mizuno running shoes and they fit perfect, yet tt shoes
are 1 1/2 sizes too big. WHY???
I don't think this problem is restricted to only 1 brand and only TT-shoes. And actually not even only to shoes but feet are such a "delicate bony apparatus " that it is for me the only item i wear that I insist to try before i buy.

Reactions: SamTheMan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
Unfortunately, there isn't a table tennis shoe company within 1000 miles of my house
Choose a few shoes you like, then get more +-1 size (even +-2 if in doubt) of your target size. Keep the ones that fit and return the rest. Make sure they have free shipping and returns.

This user has no status.
Sports shoes you always need to buy bigger, but yeah, even within brand sizes differ unfortunately. I bought a new pair of Asics, my old ones were 44.5, but the new ones are 45. If you compare them side to side they are actually the same size, however. If you sign up for OneAsics you can test them for 90 days and return them just as a tip.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
Read 1 reviews
Sports shoes you always need to buy bigger, but yeah, even within brand sizes differ unfortunately. I bought a new pair of Asics, my old ones were 44.5, but the new ones are 45. If you compare them side to side they are actually the same size, however. If you sign up for OneAsics you can test them for 90 days and return them just as a tip.
I wear a size 11 US. When I order size 11 US from Butterfly or Mizuno, they are about 2 sizes too big!!!

Reactions: jbvttcc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
I wear a size 11 US. When I order size 11 US from Butterfly or Mizuno, they are about 2 sizes too big!!!
I just had the same experience. I wear a size 11.5 and my everyday Hokas in that size fit fine. I’ve been using the discontinued Hoka Evo Carbon Rocket racing flat to play in because of its low stack height.
I wanted to get a proper table tennis shoe.
Size 11.5 in a table tennis shoe isn’t that easy to find outside of the European brands which I’m not really drawn to.
It seems not a lot of the Asian brands offer 11.5. I know Butterfly and Mizuno do and I’ve heard good feedback on Mizunos.
So I ordered a pair of Wave Medal 7’s from tabletennis11. When they came I grabbed the right shoe from the box, put it on and I felt like I was swimming in it. They’re so much bigger than the Hokas.

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
I think it is he actual manufacturer of the show. For example. Mizuno get someone to make the shoes for them. It's the quality control of the subcontractor which makes the shoe is the issue. I was in Vietnam. I had similar issues. The same shoe same size had two different lengths. So I just keep trying until I find two which fits.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
This is why you need to use the JPN or cm size.
as that is the only true universal measurement in shoes.

Using US/EUR/UK etc are bound to be inaccurate and you don't even need shows from different brands or segments.
I had mizuno table tennis shoes differ to another mizuno table tennis shoe.

Reactions: jbvttcc
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I have Mizuno wave something or other, I have to wear 2 pairs of socks!! but they are pretty good!!
Also have some Tibhar mesh flexlight 2 shoes, these are fine size wise, asked for euro size 10 and they fitted perfectly. I found the insoles to be pretty firm and suffered some foot pain the following day, put in some shock absorber insoles,, no more foot pain. these shoes are light and have good grip, hard with the shock absorber insole.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I have Mizuno wave something or other, I have to wear 2 pairs of socks!! but they are pretty good!!
Also have some Tibhar mesh flexlight 2 shoes, these are fine size wise, asked for euro size 10 and they fitted perfectly. I found the insoles to be pretty firm and suffered some foot pain the following day, put in some shock absorber insoles,, no more foot pain. these shoes are light and have good grip, hard with the shock absorber insole.
You can try a thicker insole. I got a pair of Lining shoes which were too small and a pair of Mizunos which were too big. The Lining had thick insoles while the Mizunos had thin ones, so I swapped them and now they both fit way better. The Linings are still a bit on the tight side, but I prefer that for more serious competition as the shoes feel like an extension of my foot that way.

Reactions: IB66 and riemsesy