Some HD videos of a exciting recent match at my club in Edinburgh

cje

This user has no status.

cje

This user has no status.
Nov 2011
You may enjoy some of the recent videos posted here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MurrayfieldTTC?feature=g-u#g/u

more will be added over the next few days.

It's from a match (this Monday) between the two best teams in Edinburgh, Scotland: Murrayfield 1st team (my club) and North Merchiston 1st team (NMerchiston have won the Edinburgh & Lothians Premier division for the last 9 years). Match played on 5th December 2011.

It was a battle of youth (Murrayfield-players aged 13, 15, 17) versus experience (North Merchiston-players aged 20ish, 25ish and 45ish+.).

brief report here (spoiler alert!)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
You may enjoy some of the recent videos posted here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MurrayfieldTTC?feature=g-u#g/u

more will be added over the next few days.

It's from a match (this Monday) between the two best teams in Edinburgh, Scotland: Murrayfield 1st team (my club) and North Merchiston 1st team (NMerchiston have won the Edinburgh & Lothians Premier division for the last 9 years). Match played on 5th December 2011.

It was a battle of youth (Murrayfield-players aged 13, 15, 17) versus experience (North Merchiston-players aged 20ish, 25ish and 45ish+.).

brief report here (spoiler alert!)

Thanks a lot,also for Waldner's videos!Amazing work.

cje

This user has no status.

cje

This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Hi. On what level are these players? :)

Is this a high league in Scotland? Looks a lot like the level of third league in Norway...

Cool videos cje :)

It's the highest league in the South East of Scotland (Edinburgh & Lothians). The youngsters involved are
some of the top ranked juniors/ cadets in Scotland and the older players would probably all be in the top 25 Seniors in Scotland.
But it's pretty evident that Scottish TT is weak in the wider European context. Not enough clubs, not enough people playing!
Our club is trying to expand at present-using a much larger venue for training.

cje

This user has no status.

cje

This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Hi. On what level are these players? :)

Is this a high league in Scotland? Looks a lot like the level of third league in Norway...

Cool videos cje :)

It's the highest league in the South East of Scotland (Edinburgh & Lothians). The youngsters involved are
some of the top ranked juniors/ cadets in Scotland and the older players would probably all be in the top 25 Seniors in Scotland.
But it's pretty evident that Scottish TT is weak in the wider European context. Not enough clubs, not enough people playing!
Our club is trying to expand at present-using a much larger venue for training.

cje

This user has no status.

cje

This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Ok. Sounds like Norway... I think, from what I can see on that tapes, that I could have beaten some of those players.

But my question really is, how strong is TT in scotland? Is it enough money and such for developing the sport? :)

basically not enough players would be my view-most other things lead on from that.
There are some strong clubs : North Ayrshire, Drumchapel and some decent ones in Edinburgh but not enough of these 'centres of excellence'.
There were 12 (maybe more) leagues in the Edinburgh and Lothians area at one point...now only 4.
I am interviewing a top Scottish player/coach from the 1940s/50s/60s next week-I will be asking him why there has been a decline in participation
since his era (he was also a senior figure in Scottish sport after his playing career so has plenty to say on this topic).