Some updated information from SANWEI

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Of course, The structure of SANWEI EX-C Paramid is Ayous surface -spruce- Arylate carbon - Ayous core.

You could also check more on our past forums: https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/greetings-from-a-sanwei-official.28356/post-393377
I was looking at sdc material website.https://www.sdcttblades.com/materials/veneers

If Paramid uses ayous and spruce, both are softer than Limba/ayous combo commonly found in inner fibre blades. Does that mean that Paramid will be much softer and slower than other common blades like hl5 or bty inner alc?

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
I was looking at sdc material website.https://www.sdcttblades.com/materials/veneers

If Paramid uses ayous and spruce, both are softer than Limba/ayous combo commonly found in inner fibre blades. Does that mean that Paramid will be much softer and slower than other common blades like hl5 or bty inner alc?
If you ignore thickness and whatever processing that might be done to alter the properties of the wood, then yes. Although "much softer and slower" is quite subjective.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

Paramid is one of the faster blades I've tried. Not like Yinhe T11+, but a little bit faster than my Yinhe V14 PRO, Sanwei V5 PRO and DHS Power G9, but it got a quite soft touch and a really hollow sound :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Paramid is one of the faster blades I've tried. Not like Yinhe T11+, but a little bit faster than my Yinhe V14 PRO, Sanwei V5 PRO and DHS Power G9, but it got a quite soft touch and a really hollow sound :)
Ive heard that its quite fast. But how is this possible since it uses ayous and spruce? Limba is harder than both

Reactions: Choosikick
Jan 2023
Ive heard that its quite fast. But how is this possible since it uses ayous and spruce? Limba is harder than both
If the core is very thick, with thin veneers, then the composite layer can be closer to the surface, so the stiffness (correlate to speed?) is higher and the blade should become more like outer-fibre blades. Like Hurricane Long 5X v.s. HL5.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
If the core is very thick, with thin veneers, then the composite layer can be closer to the surface, so the stiffness (correlate to speed?) is higher and the blade should become more like outer-fibre blades. Like Hurricane Long 5X v.s. HL5.
Is that actually the case with the Sanwei Paramid/F3 Pro?

Also, what is the advantage and tradeoff of going this route vs using Limba with more established thickness?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
jpg_Bottom1.jpg

The core looks pretty normal to me. But I don't know.

Sanwei_F3_Pro___table_tennis_pingpong_tenis_meja_kayu_blade_.jpg

Jan 2023
Is that actually the case with the Sanwei Paramid/F3 Pro?

Also, what is the advantage and tradeoff of going this route vs using Limba with more established thickness?
Absolutely no idea. Besides, there are more variables: composition, thickness of each layer, shape of handle, shape of blade, glue between layers, additional coating on the surface etc.

My own overly simplistic view is that top ply dictates performance of soft touches, the core/deeper layers becomes more influential when you hit harder. When you engage the composite layer, the blade would "become faster" like with the turbo on.

Having a thicker core would move the composite layers closer to surface, so "turbo" is activated earlier. Softer wood are then used as top plies to retain control for soft touches.

To get even further we would need standardized tests e.g. TTGearLab's work.

Reactions: Choosikick