Something a bit harder than Rakza 7 for the FH?

This user has no status.
Hi, equipment gurus! Could you recommend a rubber a little harder than Rakza 7 but with good control and best for FH looping? Simply theoretically, because I am stuck with my Xiom Intro for a while :) Being a noob I bought 4 Rakza 7's for the price of 3 - you know, just in case :D I still hope to use them as BH rubber sometime in the future. Now I'd like to find something a few degrees harder, but it seems that Rakza is quite hard itself so it ain't such an easy task. I tried Fastarc G1, since so many people recommend it as a good FH but it actually feels softer than Rakza! I was thinking Xiom Vega Pro, but I have some serious doubts after reading a ton of reviews...

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hi, equipment gurus! Could you recommend a rubber a little harder than Rakza 7 but with good control and best for FH looping? Simply theoretically, because I am stuck with my Xiom Intro for a while :) Being a noob I bought 4 Rakza 7's for the price of 3 - you know, just in case :D I still hope to use them as BH rubber sometime in the future. Now I'd like to find something a few degrees harder, but it seems that Rakza is quite hard itself so it ain't such an easy task. I tried Fastarc G1, since so many people recommend it as a good FH but it actually feels softer than Rakza! I was thinking Xiom Vega Pro, but I have some serious doubts after reading a ton of reviews...

Rakza Z coming soon! That'll be your best bet.

https://www.yasakajp.com/goods/rub/

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Rakza X. The upcoming Z is supposed to be tacky, not the same family.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Only if you overthink. Which for some or other reason TT players are wont to.

Settling on anything, accepting its strengths and weaknesses and build steadily on that is probably the best path to improvement. Yet we are so eager to shoot ourselves in the feet trying to cut corners…

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Tibhar Aurus is a bit harder than rakza 7, and same generation rubber. Vega pro similar hardness to rakza 7.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
I play R7 on my BH and DNA M on my FH (after having played R7 on my FH) and it may be a good fit for you. DNA M is a bit harder than R7 and i really like it more for my FH as it has a more direct feelng and the control and consistency is quite good i think. On my BH i kept R7 as it's softer and grip a little bit better so i like it for BH open and flip

Reactions: doppelganger_LT
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Wait a second, didn’t you post this 2 weeks ago?

Hi, bought these rubbers at al a local retailer thinking to assemble my first bat. Little I knew that it will take quite some time until I will be able to play with any tensors. A guy at our small club had them on his OFF- blade and let me try them, so I didn't even unpack mine afterwards. Now using Mark Vs on both sides :) They cost 35.90 EUR each on tabletennis11. I'd sell them for 25 EUR each and will pay for the tracked shipping within Europe (if you buy both sheets). Our community of table tennis players is so small that there is no chance to sell them here :(

Why on earth would you want something harder than Rakza 7 now?

This user has no status.
Yes, as I explained in the original post, as soon as I started my TT journey, I bought a bunch of stuff. A few Xiom vegas, which I am selling now and 4 (for the price of 3) Rakza 7. Playing with Xiom intros now. But I plan to keep the Rakzas for BH, so considering what should be used for the FH. In my original post I wrote: "Simply theoretically, because I am stuck with my Xiom Intro for a while. Being a noob I bought 4 Rakza 7's for the price of 3 - you know, just in case :D I still hope to use them as BH rubber sometime in the future" End of quote. How is that not clear?

This user has no status.
That sounds very fitting, thank you. By the way, I am now trying a setup of Stiga Nostalgic Allround + DNA Future on both sides and like it more than the Violin with Xiom Intros. A step from DNA Future (which is introductory rubber, according to stiga) to DNA M sounds very reasonable.

And of course thanks everybody for the insights, it's been very informative!!!!!

I play R7 on my BH and DNA M on my FH (after having played R7 on my FH) and it may be a good fit for you. DNA M is a bit harder than R7 and i really like it more for my FH as it has a more direct feelng and the control and consistency is quite good i think. On my BH i kept R7 as it's softer and grip a little bit better so i like it for BH open and flip

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Yes, as I explained in the original post, as soon as I started my TT journey, I bought a bunch of stuff. A few Xiom vegas, which I am selling now and 4 (for the price of 3) Rakza 7. Playing with Xiom intros now. But I plan to keep the Rakzas for BH, so considering what should be used for the FH. In my original post I wrote: "Simply theoretically, because I am stuck with my Xiom Intro for a while. Being a noob I bought 4 Rakza 7's for the price of 3 - you know, just in case :D I still hope to use them as BH rubber sometime in the future" End of quote. How is that not clear?

That is clear.
What is not clear is why are you even bothering with a theoretical future rubber now, and why do you think Rakza 7 will be too soft for your forehand already.

Of course, you are free to wonder about that now, but I have a strong impression that, at this pace, whatever answer you receive in this thread, you will change your mind about your theoretical future rubbers at least two times a month until the day of the new rubbers come.

Anyways, Rakza 7 is a great rubber, and it seems to last forever, I would just pair that with a Rakza 7 soft and be happy for years :)