Spinlord Keiler 2

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
something new for the pimple players amongst us.

Reactions: pilami
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Are you using this currently?
Obviously you won't have been using it for too long, as it has only just become available, but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.
Have you have ever used the previous Keiler and or ORKan II for comparison?

Thanks!
Hi Sedis

I received this a few days ago, so it's cut on my blade and ready to test. I'm hoping to try this at my club this week so will happily give you my initial thoughts on how it plays. I will be using it with 1.8mm sponge.

I havent used ORKan 2 before so cant give you my thoughts on that I'm afraid. I have used normal Keiler and found it to be fast and dangerous. Plays like a SP with the flat skidding effect of the MP. Not everyones cup of tea. I've read good and bad reviews about the original Keiler. I didn't mind it.

I have been using regular Oakan now for over a year and love it !!!! I can do everything with it!!! Brilliant service return !!! Brilliant for chopping !!! But for me personally it's best for attacking either attacking backspin balls or topspin balls I won't be swapping anytime soon ☺️

Reactions: DG89
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
I have been using regular Oakan now for over a year and love it !!!! I can do everything with it!!! Brilliant service return !!! Brilliant for chopping !!! But for me personally it's best for attacking either attacking backspin balls or topspin balls I won't be swapping anytime soon ☺️
What blade & sponge thickness of Orkan do you use?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 1 reviews
Curiosity got the better of me and I bought a sheet to try out.
The purple sponge is definitely harder and faster than the previous version.
I also think the violet topsheet of Keiler II is a bit more grippy than the red of Keiler.
It plays like a short pip with slightly more disruption than average, there are rubbers classed as short pips, from Dr Neubauer for example, that offer more disruption, but they are not as fast.
The other advantage is due to the speed, it is also more usable away from the table than most short or medium pips.
I'll give it a proper go for a few weeks once the season has finished.

Reactions: Giovanni Greco

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Curiosity got the better of me and I bought a sheet to try out.
The purple sponge is definitely harder and faster than the previous version.
I also think the violet topsheet of Keiler II is a bit more grippy than the red of Keiler.
It plays like a short pip with slightly more disruption than average, there are rubbers classed as short pips, from Dr Neubauer for example, that offer more disruption, but they are not as fast.
The other advantage is due to the speed, it is also more usable away from the table than most short or medium pips.
I'll give it a proper go for a few weeks once the season has finished.
Wait until you have to handle some proper chop. I thought it was an awful rubber, bites on chop more than hurricane. I can't describe in words how disappointed I was.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 1 reviews
Wait until you have to handle some proper chop. I thought it was an awful rubber, bites on chop more than hurricane. I can't describe in words how disappointed I was.
Can't say I noticed this, I was playing someone who likes to chop or fish the ball back with spin if they end up away from the table.
It did need quite a bit of adjustment with regards to the angle of the blade, which is easy enough when I'm practicing, but will take more time before it becomes instinctive to do in a match.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Interesting, I thought it was the most disappointing rubber I have ever tried. When you hit with it, it plays almost like a normal rubber and just gets countered. I am good at hitting through chop with any pimple, I found this to be the worst pimple I have ever used for this. Also the arc on shots is much too similar to a normal rubber without any of the accepted benefits.
Also it is very boosted so will not be consistent and after 3 or 4 weeks will be a very different beast.
I don't think many players will like this rubber.
Maybe you don't attack chop, possibly its ok then.
I just think it makes no sense.

I always though a harder sponge would make Keiler better, but certainly not this one.

Reactions: Giovanni Greco
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 1 reviews
Weird - does that top sheet feel the same as your normal Keiler?
Are you using a different colour or thickness than before and is this on the same blade?

It was more or less what I was expecting, although if it would be worth the amount of time it would take to adjust for essentially a bit more disruption on flat hits is another question.

Hi Sedis

I received this a few days ago, so it's cut on my blade and ready to test. I'm hoping to try this at my club this week so will happily give you my initial thoughts on how it plays. I will be using it with 1.8mm sponge.

I havent used ORKan 2 before so cant give you my thoughts on that I'm afraid. I have used normal Keiler and found it to be fast and dangerous. Plays like a SP with the flat skidding effect of the MP. Not everyones cup of tea. I've read good and bad reviews about the original Keiler. I didn't mind it.
I found Keiler too much like a SP in 2mm sponge, but i liked it more on faster woods in 1.2mm.
I think it's too spinny and sponge too soft, but i planned to retry it at the end of season.
Much better Orkan II for disruption which i actually use, in the past i used Waran I 2mm, imo much better than Keiler 2mm because harder feeling and much faster.

Last edited: