Super shot by Chinese Taipei Junior

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I'm still busy making a video intro on this young lady, and then I saw this.
There is a reason why the bench was smiling so big, as it wasn't an easy shot during a rally against a top Korea U19 player.

Peng Yu-Han (15 years old), is one of the raising stars from Taiwan.
Sweat and quiet girl, and when she gets her 10 mins of cellphone "usage/allowance" per day, she would actually still take the time to "Like" my social media feeds. The last time I saw her in person, I actually thanks her for that gesture, as those 10 mins of cellphone usage a day is like a treasure.

Other than being a good and hardworking table tennis player, she also donates her used equipment to kids in Africa. She also contributed to getting Cassel to the World Championships.
I told her coach, I want to share more of these hard working kids to the west and this video has "beaten" my scheduling.

Please enjoy!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I'm still busy making a video intro on this young lady, and then I saw this.
There is a reason why the bench was smiling so big, as it wasn't an easy shot during a rally against a top Korea U19 player.

Peng Yu-Han (15 years old), is one of the raising stars from Taiwan.
Sweat and quiet girl, and when she gets her 10 mins of cellphone "usage/allowance" per day, she would actually still take the time to "Like" my social media feeds. The last time I saw her in person, I actually thanks her for that gesture, as those 10 mins of cellphone usage a day is like a treasure.

Other than being a good and hardworking table tennis player, she also donates her used equipment to kids in Africa. She also contributed to getting Cassel to the World Championships.
I told her coach, I want to share more of these hard working kids to the west and this video has "beaten" my scheduling.

Please enjoy!

Short pips forehand and inverted backhand?

The shot is difficult because she twiddles and go straight pinning the opposing player down on her backhand side?

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

Please enjoy!

Faith will move mountains 😁

No need to play with inverted, it's enough you believe you do...

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Short pips forehand and inverted backhand?

The shot is difficult because she twiddles and go straight pinning the opposing player down on her backhand side?
SP (red) FH
Anti (black) BH
but she twiddles can play all 4 sides.
Both attacking or chopping.
One would assume a player using this is more defensive, Peng is totally offensive with some defensive plays during rallies

I will post more.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Here is a recent video of the recent Hong Kong Youth Contender,
U15 Girls Semi Final

I will post the full match of the OP point soon

So just a recap,
Black rubber is Anti
Red is Short Pimple
She is categories as an attacking player by ITTF and very much so.
However, she can play all 4 sides and attack or chop with all 4 sides.

She started internationals pretty late, as Taiwan only joined WTT tours (post covid) 2nd half of 2022.
And she only plays in U15 and U17 WTT, and not many U19.
Just so you know, the higher age tournament, the more points one can "gain".
So her ranking is a bit low due to mostly U15 events only, but still a WR#10, U15 player.

One actually needs to play in seniors, as that is where the points are.
But with Taiwan's selection policy, Peng is only a U15, U17, U19 national player. She didn't make a very crowded senior team (yet). Thus, she is not able to take part in seniors (since WTT has limit on participation and there is already 15 women's queue for a spot of 6 per event)

Peng made Taiwan's U15 national team, 3 years ago already (at age 12). No internationals then due to covid times.
Peng is Taiwans U15 number 2.
I will also be sharing number 1's video soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveNewbie
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I actually asked her a while ago, can't exactly remember the answer (I think she said something about her earlier coach, but I just want to confirm again)
I will ask her again when I see her soon
I think some people just have some natural movements where certain rubbers fit them better. I think that is how Falk ended up with short pips on his forehand side and Batra ended up with long pips on their backhand side. They are both gifted table tennis players. I just read or heard somewhere that their natural body movements just fit with those rubbers growing up so there you go.

This user has no status.
I think some people just have some natural movements where certain rubbers fit them better. I think that is how Falk ended up with short pips on his forehand side and Batra ended up with long pips on their backhand side. They are both gifted table tennis players. I just read or heard somewhere that their natural body movements just fit with those rubbers growing up so there you go.
Or she just wanted to annoy the heck out of her opponents.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Or she just wanted to annoy the heck out of her opponents.
Surely with short pips on one side and anti on the others, plenty of opponents are annoyed. She might as well change that anti to long pips to annoy her opponents even more :)

That would surprise me very much. Of all material players I know from my former training (+40 years ago) and shortly afterwards (beginners or not very advanced) they all started with LP, SP or anti, just because they technically could not perform a certain stroke until in detail with a inverted rubber like Sriver in that time.

This user has no status.
Surely with short pips on one side and anti on the others, plenty of opponents are annoyed. She might as well change that anti to long pips to annoy her opponents even more :)
This is what a lot of inverted players lack - special unorthodox strokes to annoy the heck out of other ppl and make them feel disgusted. :) Much more useful than blind topspin countering/looping I see them practicing all the time with little to no benefit to their game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I am very impressed by Peng. A genuine, all 4 sides style is difficult to maintain, but she shows a lot of promise
I am impressed too.

Head Coach of the high school team where I spent most of my time has been emphasizing about playing with 4 sides (for the ones not using inverted). This includes choppers, to chop with pips on FH side too.
But many players fear that opening up to more sides requires more training and end up mastering none of them.

With Peng, she is barely 15 years old, and can comfortably play with all 4 sides, when ever she wants.