Support me in my table tennis adventure!

Tom

This user has no status.

Tom

This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 7 reviews
Hey everyone! If you guys watch table tennis daily equipment reviews you'll know the guy who does all the filming with Dan and helps create the videos! I love creating these videos with Dan and hope you all enjoy them :) I am still in the main a player with aspirations and dreams, currently ranked 11 in England...

However because of lack of finance it has now come to the point where I can progress no further without financial help. I receive no funding or support and now have very limited training opportunities. Unless I can find some funding I will struggle to continue playing the sport I love. I am here to ask the table tennis daily members for help and support! The link below shows my full story.

If you can help even if its small please do, just visit the link below to find out more! If you can't, take a look and share this with as many tt lovers as you can. Thanks Tom :D

http://makeachamp.com/ttmaynard

This user has no status.
Hey everyone! If you guys watch table tennis daily equipment reviews you'll know the guy who does all the filming with Dan and helps create the videos! I love creating these videos with Dan and hope you all enjoy them :) I am still in the main a player with aspirations and dreams, currently ranked 11 in England...

However because of lack of finance it has now come to the point where I can progress no further without financial help. I receive no funding or support and now have very limited training opportunities. Unless I can find some funding I will struggle to continue playing the sport I love. I am here to ask the table tennis daily members for help and support! The link below shows my full story.

If you can help even if its small please do, just visit the link below to find out more! If you can't, take a look and share this with as many tt lovers as you can. Thanks Tom :D

http://makeachamp.com/ttmaynard
Yea Liam expressed his concerns over this when we talked about you a couple of month ago. Ill see what I can do to help when I get my allowance....
Best of luck!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hi @Tom, nice story, I know how hard you work to strive for your dreams. I will sort out something for when I get back from China.

We have some awesome reviews lined up this year!

says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Wait a second here... Are you telling me that there isn't a signle club in all of England willing to offer an elite-ranked player a professional contract? Because I know of some players here in Croatia who are absolute shite, and still get payed decent money to play in national leagues.

Hi M51, yea the setup in England is completely different to a lot of the European leagues, no one really gets paid to play for a club in England, they have a premier division but the only money involved is if the team wins, the English set up is poor compared to German, French leagues etc

Tom

This user has no status.

Tom

This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 7 reviews
Hi M51, yeah Ripper is right. I play in the premier division in the U.K and all I get is my travel and hotel expenses paid for. In England its almost impossible to get money from table tennis even if you are highly ranked. Sad but that's just how it is here, so players like me will struggle to continue playing.

M51

says Poly balls still suck.

M51

says Poly balls still suck.
Sep 2012
Hi M51, yeah Ripper is right. I play in the premier division in the U.K and all I get is my travel and hotel expenses paid for. In England its almost impossible to get money from table tennis even if you are highly ranked. Sad but that's just how it is here, so players like me will struggle to continue playing.
Jesus Christ, and here I thought you people invented the sport. :eek:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2012
why can't you just go to germany/france/sweden or other countries that allow you to live playing tt?
I mean you are european citizen so you can go to any country you choose.

I am from argentina and some guys here go for a season or 2 to different european clubs (mostly spain).
even if you don't play in the best division, some clubs are willing to hire players to help them improve.

and also you always have the alternative of being a coach or owning a club.

but yeah it's not easy.
I think the turning point is after you stop being a junior (22, 23).
cause you have to accomodate to the new level (which of course is higher) and not everybody makes it.

Last edited:

Tom

This user has no status.

Tom

This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 7 reviews
why can't you just go to germany/france/sweden or other countries that allow you to live playing tt?
I mean you are european citizen so you can go to any country you choose.

I am from argentina and some guys here go for a season or 2 to different european clubs (mostly spain).
even if you don't play in the best division, some clubs are willing to hire players to help them improve.

and also you always have the alternative of being a coach or owning a club.

but yeah it's not easy.
I think the turning point is after you stop being a junior (22, 23).
cause you have to accomodate to the new level (which of course is higher) and not everybody makes it.

Hi Sebas, yes but its not always easy to find a team in other countries in europe that will pay decent money. Even then its hard to fund playing table tennis, I player for two years in Switzerland before. Your right thats the age players need help or funding or just quit! I'm 23 now :(