T2 Diamond Singapore 2019

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
XX again too strong for HARIMOTO.
Tomo cannot handle the full power and spin of XX FH.

He got a game only when XX clearly lost a bit of his focus in the 3rd after being so dominant in the first 2 games.

Jeoung Youngsik had the same problem. Taking on Xu Xin while holding the table without using sticky rubber is extremely difficult.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I am thinking if there is any easier opponent for XX then harimoto. Last point XX couldn't stop laughing. Harimoto took big swing as if he wanted to kill a fly with a Cannon and missed the ball.
Xu Xin pushed the ball dead/with light topspin and Harimoto didn't read it. That is probably why Chen Qi was complaining.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Why ? Maybe she didnt see the net ball .

I agree ... We were not at the gaming table at this moment ...We saw this moment from the side ...Personally, I will in no way condemn Ito .....She could sincerely believe that everything was done correctly .....We can express our opinion, but we cannot judge, no .....And even more so peremptorily asserting intentional deception by Ito ....

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
The service is the only phase of a point where a player is in complete control.

Ito knew ahead of time where her serve would've landed, better than anyone. It was a kick serve, for which slight deviations are easy to pick up. There's no way she didn't know. Her eyes were staring at the ball when it was about to cross the net.

This user has no status.
When the point was played live I didn’t see any let at all.

When I serve, especially a long serve, as soon as I contact the ball my eyes will look at the opponent and the other side of the table , I will not follow my own ball’s trajectory over the net.

I think everybody does that and it’s perfectly possible to miss the net. With a short serve it’s more likely to see it

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Xu Xin pushed the ball dead/with light topspin and Harimoto didn't read it. That is probably why Chen Qi was complaining.
Yes probably it was dead ball. Nevertheless it reminds me how XX finished fang bo with the snake.
Just making his opponents looks amateurs sometimes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
When the point was played live I didn’t see any let at all.

When I serve, especially a long serve, as soon as I contact the ball my eyes will look at the opponent and the other side of the table , I will not follow my own ball’s trajectory over the net.

I think everybody does that and it’s perfectly possible to miss the net. With a short serve it’s more likely to see it

.....When I serve, especially a long serve, as soon as I contact the ball my eyes will look at the opponent and the other side of the table , I will not follow my own ball’s trajectory over the net.

I think everybody does that and it’s perfectly possible to miss the net. With a short serve it’s more likely to see it..

Yes ... right from the moment the ball is separated from the racket of the player serving the ball, his attention is transferred to the opponent ......(at least for me, when I myself was holding a racket ....)
Sense to control the path of your serve?All attention is immediately drawn to the opponent ...

Jan 2018
I have an NHK program where some eggheads find that Harimoto and Ito track the balls differently.

Harimoto tracks the incoming ball just before(.03s) impact. Ito doesn't track the incoming ball after it lands on her half. The problem here is they didn't show them serving so I can't draw any conclusion from there. But from the slow-mo, it's pretty clear her eyes were on the ball here.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I have an NHK program where some eggheads find that Harimoto and Ito track the balls differently.

Harimoto tracks the incoming ball just before(.03s) impact. Ito doesn't track the incoming ball after it lands on her half. The problem here is they didn't show them serving so I can't draw any conclusion from there. But from the slow-mo, it's pretty clear her eyes were on the ball here.

Tracking is something the brain does. It doesn't always do it well even when you are looking at the ball, hence the whiffs and wobble effects we often experience (see Harimoto on the last point vs Xu). No point deducing what Mima saw.

Reactions: Vlad Celler

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
This is an error fans make all the time watching american football. We are so used to slow motion replays that we forget what can and can't be seen in real time. As Twi said watching full speed it's not clear that the ball touched the net, even with the high quality of T2 video. If it was so obvious how did the umpires fail to see it live? And it's not like Ito argued the call. She looked to the umpires to decide and abided by their decision. If that causes you to lose all respect for an athlete then you have unreachably high standards of human perfectionism and I am very happy you are not my teacher, boss, or spouse.

Side note to NL and Sali. Feel free to stfu about Ito hiding serves anytime now. They all hide serves, and many of her opponents are also boosting. If she is better at serving than the others, including hiding the contact, that reflects massive practice discipline. Slating her for it when all her opponents are cheating in the same way or even more is like complaining about doping in cycling - true but irrelevant.

The playing field is level, only with a set of rules that diverges from the official book. This is common in most sports. Look at players diving in (un-american) football. Competitors have to adapt to the world as it is. That harsh and absolute nature is what makes sport so compelling. To complain that it lacks abstract perfection is to miss the point entirely.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
This is an error fans make all the time watching american football. We are so used to slow motion replays that we forget what can and can't be seen in real time. As Twi said watching full speed it's not clear that the ball touched the net, even with the high quality of T2 video. If it was so obvious how did the umpires fail to see it live? And it's not like Ito argued the call. She looked to the umpires to decide and abided by their decision. If that causes you to lose all respect for an athlete then you have unreachably high standards of human perfectionism and I am very happy you are not my teacher, boss, or spouse.

Side note to NL and Sali. Feel free to stfu about Ito hiding serves anytime now. They all hide serves, and many of her opponents are also boosting. If she is better at serving than the others, including hiding the contact, that reflects massive practice discipline. Slating her for it when all her opponents are cheating in the same way or even more is like complaining about doping in cycling - true but irrelevant. The playing field is level, only with a set of rules that diverges from the official book.

That is well said ...A balanced opinion, without unnecessary emotions ....

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
Jan 2018
JJH saw it. I take it she must be hallucinating?

This is the service that we're talking about here, where the ball must bounce twice on the table, once on the other side, and once on your own side. The 1st bounce dictates the 2nd bounce. Players draw cues from these two before committing.

Of the ones on the court, the ump's POV is the farthest from the action. This is why the umps always have the hardest time to make a call. The priority should always start from either player. That's why we have the challenge system in the first place, so that the players could appeal an umpire's call.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Side note to NL and Sali. Feel free to stfu about Ito hiding serves anytime now. They all hide serves, and many of her opponents are also boosting. If she is better at serving than the others, including hiding the contact, that reflects massive practice discipline. Slating her for it when all her opponents are cheating in the same way or even more is like complaining about doping in cycling - true but irrelevant.

Actually this argument is wrong when you compare her serves to JJH. Korean serves are really like samsonov, she even opens her body while she touches the ball with the racket.
Of course most of players do not serves perfectly but it is totally different when somebody completely hide the serves and even goes to FH side to make it even harder for the opponent.

mrk

This user has no status.

mrk

This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Harimoto beats LIN Gaoyuan in a very close match 4-3, 3rd place for him.