Tacky rubbers recommendations

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Using and offensive & prepotent language don't give you the reason:mad: If you think that you know all you are very confused, you must be more humble....

BTW it's the 1st time you said for serves (fortunately something is changing in your mind), I and the OPT I guess both speaking to looping.....

I think maybe something is being lost in translation here since I didn't sense any intent on being offensive on Duke's part. English doesn't appear to be your native language so maybe there was a miscommunication somewhere. It's already difficult enough to sense a person's tone and demeanor over the internet without a language barrier.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
I think maybe something is being lost in translation here since I didn't sense any intent on being offensive on Duke's part. English doesn't appear to be your native language so maybe there was a miscommunication somewhere. It's already difficult enough to sense a person's tone and demeanor over the internet without a language barrier.
Isn't my native language.

But still understand perfectly when something said: "Also, you're the one who has no idea what you're talking about".....

I never try to discredit, I only give data got with my experience.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Using and offensive & prepotent language don't give you the reason:mad: If you think that you know all you are very confused, you must be more humble....

BTW it's the 1st time you said for serves (fortunately something is changing in your mind), I and the OPT I guess both speaking to looping.....also FYK in serves if you hit hard you get more spin: back or top....

N.B- Hit hard does'nt implies a long motion, you have to hit hard with a compact motion.
Wow, you’re so good at reacting to jokes lol

And this is not the first time I mentioned serves, do I need to quote your reply to my comment on back spin serves way way back? You really have bad memories.

Here’s where I commented about serve, and your comment on that , which is post #27 and #29 btw
So looks like you’re just too stubborn to admit your own mistakes. Like you said it yourself, you need to be more humble, not me.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Yeah, I have almost always gotten more spin serving with non-tacky rubber because my serves are relatively whippy and low impact strokes. More like the short Timo Boll method than the physical Ma Long method.

This has changed a bit as my game has gotten more physical and drive oriented, but when I think of tacky rubbers, I don't think spin as much as I think control on powerful hits/bigger strokes which you described pretty well, Tacky rubbers have the most reward when made to hit the ball fairly hard/fast repeatedly. The catapult on grippy rubbers tends to prevent this, though to be complete and fair, a lot of traditional Japanese rubber has hardly any catapult but just isn't sticky.

Reactions: merlin el mago
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I’m talking about the back spin serve scenario only. So there
My short backspin serve with ESN non sticky rubber or even Tenergy is heavier than any backspin serve I can produce with Tacky rubber, to get the same with tacky rubber, I have to put in more effort. It's not as straightforward as you are making out.

This user has no status.
Just to add the discussion, I also think grippy rubbers serve with more spin at lower force impacts especially with the likes of Dignics which makes it super easy to spin, but once you start being able to brush really hard with the entire body force on the serve, tacky rubbers really shine especially in terms of controlling the ball short while retaining high amounts of spin. With grippy rubbers I think it's still possible but when I try to add max spin it's easy for the serve to drift long which is not ideal.

But it's really a question about taste, you can do everything with either tacky or grippy rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
You are the typical person that always have to say the last word right.....and you believe that you are the only one in possession of the truth, you are pathetic.
haha, actually you’re the pathetic one, so stubborn just won’t admit being wrong , just like someone’s else here, speaking of

My short backspin serve with ESN non sticky rubber or even Tenergy is heavier than any backspin serve I can produce with Tacky rubber, to get the same with tacky rubber, I have to put in more effort. It's not as straightforward as you are making out.
Here he comes, you two are a perfect pair, now you’re just making thing up. Keep going then, let’s see if you tries to say the last truth like @merlin el mago said.

Also, let’s look at what happened shall we?
#26 @merlin el mago thinks I’ve never used hard tacky Chinese rubbers. (But clearly I’m showing on my profile I’m using Victas TD for both FH and BH, so wrong +1)

#27 I mentioned an example of a pure back spin serve, and asked which rubber can generate more spin.

#29 @merlin el mago answers the question with “of course tacky rubber”, but then goes on to say to generate that spin the player needs “strong hits”. (Strong hits and pure back spin just doesn’t work together, it’s not a long fast back spin serve we’re talking about, where still you don’t hit as hard as you can, unless you want the ball flying, wrong +2)

#30 I mentioned how pure backspin serve and hitting hard doesn’t go together, so @merlin el mago is contradicting themselves

#34 @merlin el mago starts to show their stubbornness, still trying to say I’ve never used hard tacky Chinese rubbers.

#35 I made a joke that in English, double negation in a sentence doesn’t always means confirmation. And tried to explain in TT serves why more friction means more spin, and during a pure backspin serve, there is close to no compression on the hard sponge, so if tacky rubbers generates more spin on this serve, which @merlin el mago answered themselves in #29, is due to the top sheet having more friction. Also reminded @merlin el mago what rubbers I’m using and have used.

#40 @merlin el mago thinks jokes about the English language is a direct offense to them personally 😂. And claims #35 was the first time I mentioned the serve scenario. (But in reality I started the conversation with the backspin serve scenario, wrong +3)

#43 @merlin el mago claims that it’s not ok for others to say “have no idea about”, but it’s ok for themselves to say it, for example in #34

#45 I joked about the strong reaction from @merlin el mago , then linked the posts where I mentioned the backspin serve, and where @merlin el mago acknowledged it

Last edited:
Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
I don't sell the truth as you, I only share my experience. You haven't words and repeat mine words: weak vocabulary and something more..... Try again.

Seeing your FS: Lots of blades & rubbers everybody can assure that you still have a lot to learn.
Wrong +4 , See post #51

You’re just still so stubborn as you are claiming your own experience are facts. Also, your English isn’t as good as you claimed in #42, keep learning. And why would you think that the things I’m selling is all I’ve tried and have got, goes to show how your mind works.

Btw, I don’t see you disagreeing with the summary.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
haha, actually you’re the pathetic one, so stubborn just won’t admit being wrong , just like someone’s else here, speaking of

Here he comes, you two are a perfect pair, now you’re just making thing up. Keep going then, let’s see if you tries to say the last truth like @merlin el mago said.

Also, let’s look at what happened shall we?
#26 @merlin el mago thinks I’ve never used hard tacky Chinese rubbers. (But clearly I’m showing on my profile I’m using Victas TD for both FH and BH, so wrong +1)

#27 I mentioned an example of a pure back spin serve, and asked which rubber can generate more spin.

#29 @merlin el mago answers the question with “of course tacky rubber”, but then goes on to say to generate that spin the player needs “strong hits”. (Strong hits and pure back spin just doesn’t work together, it’s not a long fast back spin serve we’re talking about, where still you don’t hit as hard as you can, unless you want the ball flying, wrong +2)

#30 I mentioned how pure backspin serve and hitting hard doesn’t go together, so @merlin el mago is contradicting themselves

#34 @merlin el mago starts to show their stubbornness, still trying to say I’ve never used hard tacky Chinese rubbers.

#35 I made a joke that in English, double negation in a sentence doesn’t always means confirmation. And tried to explain in TT serves why more friction means more spin, and during a pure backspin serve, there is close to no compression on the hard sponge, so if tacky rubbers generates more spin on this serve, which @merlin el mago answered themselves in #29, is due to the top sheet having more friction. Also reminded @merlin el mago what rubbers I’m using and have used.

#40 @merlin el mago thinks jokes about the English language is a direct offense to them personally 😂. And claims #35 was the first time I mentioned the serve scenario. (But in reality I started the conversation with the backspin serve scenario, wrong +3)

#43 @merlin el mago claims that it’s not ok for others to say “have no idea about”, but it’s ok for themselves to say it, for example in #34

#45 I joked about the strong reaction from @merlin el mago , then linked the posts where I mentioned the backspin serve, and where @merlin el mago acknowledged it

I think you don't want to make a distinction between "more effort" or "thicker contact", which is what is meant by "strong hits". As zeio pointed out, the contact one makes on a backspin serve with tacky rubber involves a bigger swing (or actually more powerful swing) than that with a non-tacky rubber, so more effort is expended and more energy transmitted to get the bigger spin on what you consider a smaller stroke. Merlin el mago made the point that while you can get more spin, the effort is considerably more. Tacky rubber may give more spin on serves, but it does so because one can put more effort into the ball - it is easier to get heavy spin with a non-tacky rubber on serves with smaller strokes.

Actually, backspin serve and hitting hard can and do go together, the issue here may be that you are equating flat hitting with thick contact. You can thick brush, which is a relatively hard hit, even on a backspin serve. And merlin's point is that you can thick brush on a backspin serve with tacky rubber and keep it short, but if you do so with non-tacky rubber, especially with softer sponge, you are more likely to send it long.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Really I enjoy having a good time reading you, waiting each time how can you go down & down & down....it seems boots are each time more perfect like human stupidity
Wow, you enjoy being wrong, how fascinating, you’re truly a first of your kind, at least of all the people I know. You are a human right? With all the ai chat bots lately it’s hard to say for sure

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
I think you don't want to make a distinction between "more effort" or "thicker contact", which is what is meant by "strong hits". As zeio pointed out, the contact one makes on a backspin serve with tacky rubber involves a bigger swing (or actually more powerful swing) than that with a non-tacky rubber, so more effort is expended and more energy transmitted to get the bigger spin on what you consider a smaller stroke. Merlin el mago made the point that while you can get more spin, the effort is considerably more. Tacky rubber may give more spin on serves, but it does so because one can put more effort into the ball - it is easier to get heavy spin with a non-tacky rubber on serves with smaller strokes.

Actually, backspin serve and hitting hard can and do go together, the issue here may be that you are equating flat hitting with thick contact. You can thick brush, which is a relatively hard hit, even on a backspin serve. And merlin's point is that you can thick brush on a backspin serve with tacky rubber and keep it short, but if you do so with non-tacky rubber, especially with softer sponge, you are more likely to send it long.
So now you’re trying to mix up hit vs. brush? Do I need to reiterate that I’m talking about a pure backspin serve? That means it’s a slow, close to the net serve, and the ball jumps right back towards the serving player after the second bounce.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
So now you’re trying to mix up hit vs. brush?
If that is what you think I am trying to do, sure. I am trying to make the point that on backspin serves, my contact with tacky rubbers is much thicker than it is with non-tacky rubbers. The technique is much more active.